Looking for Short Shifter

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
One of our fellow GT owners called me this week to ask if I could order him a short shifter and have Garrett install it for him. D'Agostino Racing has the Ford Racing unit listed on their site, but are out of stock and Ford Racing has discontinued it. Are there any out there? Either Ford Racing Racing of any aftermarket manufacturer would suffice. I would love to help out a fellow GT owner, but with seven years having passed since the last car was produced, many of the parts that were available are dead and gone.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
The GT Guys still list it on their website.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
We may have one in stock, otherwise I know we can get in just a few days. I'll let you know this evening if we have stock.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Member here that bought all the remaining stock from Ford Racing. His name escapes me now......I'll see if I can dig it up.

EDIT: PM member zrchris

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Member here that bought all the remaining stock from Ford Racing. His name escapes me now......I'll see if I can dig it up.

EDIT: PM member zrchris
For a relatively new owner you sure have a great memory for old posts. You must have been following this forum for a long time.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
I would consider selling one I have new in the package. I bought one from zchris several months ago, and haven't installed it yet. I was waiting to get my subwoofer relocation stuff from GT Guys (which I now have), so I could do it all at once. However, a few weeks back people were talking in a thread on here somewhere that they actually preferred the stock shifter, so now I am wondering if I should install it or not...

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I honestly prefer the stock shifter over the short throw....

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
+1. This seems to be the most liked mod...and yet I love the low effort long throw stock shifter. It feels right and it looks right. To me, this is a mod I would try first.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I had the short shift on car #1, don't have it on car #2. It was definitely on the list of things that the GT Guys are going to do, but............the stock shifter is so smooth, I'm thinking of taking it off the list!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I had a short throw on my mustang and I loved. When I bought the gt the gt guys put it on before I got the car so I don't have a before and after but I still don't know why they don't put those on cars like this as standard equipment

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Being used to European Cars I found the original shifter quite odd. In went the short shifter the smile not stopped yet.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
+1 for the short throw shifter

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Well then, I guess I owe it to myself to put the darn thing in this winter sometime, and just see what I think (especially since I already have the kit). Sorry Tim, I didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Install the short throw shifter..... You will not be disappointed.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Thanks for the input. I have the short throw shifter on three GT's and one without, I prefer the short throw myself.

zrchris

GT Owner
Aug 12, 2009
Brentwood TN
I have the short throw shifter in my own car and feel it is a very worthy mod. It fits fine, works great. I am temporarily sold out but will have more in a few months. As far as I know, all other vendors that I have supplied are sold out. There are probably some individuals with spares on the shelf, but that's about it for now.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
I love the short throw shifter too

Poor Richard

GT Owner
Nov 17, 2012
New Jersey
I have a short throw shifter new in box (original Ford) that I would be willing to part with...pm me if interested.

Poor Richard

GT Owner
Nov 17, 2012
New Jersey
Sold!