Looking for Shelby GT 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

GERMANORACING

GT Owner
Dec 4, 2006
Farmington CT USA
Hi,
anyone know if its possibly to buy a new Mustang Shelby GT 500 all options for under $55000, preferably (White/Blue)

Thanks
Sal

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
probably if you do not care about waiting a bit.

That is 10K over sticker so I think it is a reasonable offer from you. The answer is yes.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
I think you can get that deal all day long. There are dealers selling at sticker. I'm surprised it's still selling above sticker. At this point, I don't see an end in sight.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Rocman,

Do you know any So Cal dealers that are currently selling at sticker?

Thanks!

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
I think you can get that deal all day long. There are dealers selling at sticker. I'm surprised it's still selling above sticker. At this point, I don't see an end in sight.

Not in the Pacific Northwest! 150 FORD dealers and only 15 GT500s available on the ground. Most have already sold their 2008 allotments.
Of the 15 available lowest price is 70K, most are in the 75 to 80K range.

snaproll

GT Owner
Dec 3, 2006
Naples, FL
No offense, but $75k for that ill handling 4000 lb pig? Great looking and it has 4 seats but dang that sure seems like 06 Z06 money - or even 2 or 3 used GTO's, or a 996 GT3, or . . . wait a year or 2 and buy one for $30k imho.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Or buy half a Ford GT!

06gt1858

GT Owner
Jan 29, 2007
Lodi Ca.
Hi,
anyone know if its possibly to buy a new Mustang Shelby GT 500 all options for under $55000, preferably (White/Blue)

Thanks
Sal
A dealer friend that sold me 1858 is selling them for 30k over invoice and has 2 a black and a red one Senator Ford in Sacramento ca. ask for Tim Creeder Fleet manager...he says he is selling them like hot cakes and is shocked as to what some will pay for a 45k sticker car!!! reminds me of the GT at 400k, except they will make tuns of stangs ~

Steve 06gt1858

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Unfotunately, So Cal is the worst place to buy cars. I know there is a thread in the shelby section saying you can get the vert for 10k over, but not in cali.

Rocman,

Do you know any So Cal dealers that are currently selling at sticker?

Thanks!

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
Count on a Long wait at $10K over MSRP. A used one with 3,000 Miles just sold here at $15K over MSRP. I Don't think hey will ever be sold at MSRP throughout production the way there going. Unless a dealer owes you a Big favor your going to pay up. I got lucky on mine and bought it with 500 miles on it from a friend and saved alot of money.

OilMaggott

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 19, 2005
I got my vert for 10K over and went to the dealer to get my tags yesterday and was told that their last Coupe ( white with blue stripes) is being built now and the guy who had a deposit on it backed out and it is now available for 10K over. Should arrive soon. Champion Ford in Corpus Christi Texas, ask for Rob Priday.

Nothing like my GT or Z06 but real sharp looking and comfortable for a daily driver.

scylla6

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2006
Look on Ebay. There are LOTS of them for 6-10k over sticker. Most don't seem to be selling. I'm in CT and looking for one myself but not for over sticker.
Tom

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
I'll take my 2007 Shelby GT500 over my 07 Z06 any day. The Z has better performance but doesn't have the Looks or the Shelby Heritage. This is the first Real Shelby in 40 years and considering that Shelby is 84 maybe one of the last.

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
Shelby GT 500

Drew Ford in La Mesa,Ca. (888-DREWFORD) sels the Shelby GT 500 for MSRP!!! I believe ALL his 2007's are SOLD, but you may still be able to get some 2008's!!!

AMB

OilMaggott

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 19, 2005
I'll take my 2007 Shelby GT500 over my 07 Z06 any day. The Z has better performance but doesn't have the Looks or the Shelby Heritage. This is the first Real Shelby in 40 years and considering that Shelby is 84 maybe one of the last.

On that subjec....now that the SVT team has been cut loose will the 08 models get the SVT badging, further will the engines get the SVT team hand built sig.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Cream

No offense, but $75k for that ill handling 4000 lb pig? Great looking and it has 4 seats but dang that sure seems like 06 Z06 money - or even 2 or 3 used GTO's, or a 996 GT3, or . . . wait a year or 2 and buy one for $30k imho.

Snaproll,

I like your screen name, from it I'll assume you're an akro pilot. You're probably too young to understand how special the new Shelby GT500 is to those of us in our 50's. The marketplace is speaking with buyers lined up to pay 30-40% over MSRP so I have a lot of company. I'll try to explain. 6 months ago I heard that Eric Clapton had reformed Cream with former drummer Ginger Baker and bass player Jack Bruce. The last Cream concert was 35 years ago and in 2005 they got together and played just 4 shows in London. They were better than ever. When Cream first played, I was 12-15 years old, Clapton was god, the music was magic, and I was young. Clapton never stopped making music and I kept listening, but it wasn't Cream. When I heard that they were coming to America and would play 3 more shows in New York City, I picked up the phone, cost be damned, and I was in row 3 when the lights went down. My son Charley tried to tell me that there are many lead guitar players today that are better than Clapton and that spending $6000.00 to fly clear across the country for a concert was insane. Perhaps, but in the middle of the Crossroads guitar solo I couldn't believe I was there, the music was still magic, Clapton was on fire, and for those few hours, I was a kid again. Don't try to tell me that Johnny Whatever is a faster, better player cause I don't care. He's not Eric Clapton and he never will be. Clapton was the original guitar god and he's an icon today. In those same early to mid '60's the Holy Grail of American muscle cars were Shelby's. We couldn't afford to buy them and were excited just to see one on the street. Long before the Saleens, Foose's, Steeda, and whatever else, there was the man, the original Cobra and GT350/500 creating LeMans winning car god. There will never be another Carroll Shelby. And after a 35 year absence from Ford he's putting on another concert, and the car is the best GT500 ever. Well into his 4th heart, it may not be for long. History, heritage, desire, soul, and memories make Shelby and Clapton much more than just a car or concert. Is a Z06 better than the GT500? Only to a kid who wasn't there and couldn't possibly understand. To me, it's no contest. Turn the key of the GT500, step on the gas, and 500 horsepower will send you back in time. "I went down to the crossroads, fell down on my knees, asked the good lord for mercy, take me if you please".

Chip

Last edited:

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
Hey Chip! I saw Cream in Albuquerque in 1970 when I was 14!

Shiney purple fishes go laughing through your fingers and you want to take her with you to the heartland of the winter...

That being said there will be as many GT500's built as there is demand, hardly the unobtainium rare vehicle we knew.

If I get a 'stang to match my GT it'll likely be the Extreme, 400 lbs lighter and the real FGT engine! And only 150 made! Not far off of the MSRP +$20g for the Shelby!

To each his own and you wrote a great post.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Snaproll,

"I went down to the crossroads, fell down on my knees, asked the good lord for mercy, take me if you please".

Chip

wow.... NUFF SAID!

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Don't forget pressed rat and warthog!

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
Snaproll,

I like your screen name, from it I'll assume you're an akro pilot. You're probably too young to understand how special the new GT500 Shelby is to those of us in our 50's. The marketplace is speaking with buyers lined up to pay 30-40% over MSRP so I have a lot of company. I'll try to explain. 6 months ago I heard that Eric Clapton had reformed Cream with former drummer Ginger Baker and bass player Jack Bruce. The last Cream concert was 35 years ago and in 2005 they got together and played just 4 shows in London. They were better than ever. When Cream first played, I was 12-15 years old, Clapton was god, the music was magic, and I was young. Clapton never stopped making music and I kept listening, but it wasn't Cream. When I heard that they were coming to America and would play 3 more shows in New York City, I picked up the phone, cost be damned, and I was in row 3 when the lights went down. My son Charley tried to tell me that there are many lead guitar players today that are better than Clapton and that spending $6000.00 to fly clear across the country for a concert was insane. Perhaps, but in the middle of the Crossroads guitar solo I couldn't believe I was there, the music was still magic, Clapton was on fire, and for those few hours, I was a kid again. Don't try to tell me that Johnny Whatever is a faster, better player cause I don't care. He's not Eric Clapton and he never will be. Clapton was the original guitar god and he's an icon today. In those same early to mid '60's the Holy Grail of American muscle cars were Shelby's. We couldn't afford to buy them and were excited just to see one on the street. Long before the Saleens, Foose's, Steeda, and whatever else, there was the man, the original Cobra and GT350/500 creating LeMans winning car god. There will never be another Carroll Shelby. And after a 35 year absence from Ford he's putting on another concert, and the car is the best GT500 ever. Well into his 4th heart, it may not be for long. History, heritage, desire, soul, and memories make Shelby and Clapton much more than just a car or concert. Is a Z06 better than the GT500? Only to a kid who wasn't there and couldn't possibly understand. To me, it's no contest. Turn the key of the GT500, step on the gas, and 500 horsepower will send you back in time. "I went down to the crossroads, fell down on my knees, asked the good lord for mercy, take me if you please".

Chip

Well said, and it goes along ways in explaining to Non Believers why these cars will continue to bring a ADM over MSRP.

Status
Not open for further replies.