looking for mcintosh

GUILTY

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2015
Toronto
Just purchased 06 blue with white stripes Ford GT, love the car but I am missing the original Mcintosh , sub and amp. If anyone on the forum knows were I can purchase a complete set. Also the other question is I would like to relocate the amp and sub so should I bother with original or go with aftermarket, I would like the original Mac though as I like to keep the originalty of the look of the dash.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Just purchased 06 blue with white stripes Ford GT, love the car but I am missing the original Mcintosh , sub and amp. If anyone on the forum knows were I can purchase a complete set. Also the other question is I would like to relocate the amp and sub so should I bother with original or go with aftermarket, I would like the original Mac though as I like to keep the originalty of the look of the dash.

Welcome Guilty to our Forum!

Lots of information available here. First question is are you sure your car originally had the Mac installed? Might be an odd question but many owners did/do not prefer the huge subwoofer in between the seats. Owners have relocated the subwoofer elsewhere in the car.

Others will no doubt chime in and give guidance. I did not order this option. But you should be able to pick up your needed hardware from our ownership ranks. PM DBK and have your status changed to owner by giving him your VIN.

GUILTY

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2015
Toronto
Thanks, it has the $4000 upgrade listed on the original bill and currently has aftermarket kenwood radio, the amp and sub is also aftermarket and relocated behind the seats but I dont like the way it was done as I have long legs and need as much leg room as possable. I did give the vin# when I Joined so I am not sure as why I am not listed as a owner

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I see you are in Toronto. Are you sure it was equipped with one originally? If yours is a designated Canadian car I don't believe they got Macintosh radios.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
I'll just throw it out there, I have an extra Macintosh amp I'd be willing to sell for a fair price.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Your OASIS report will also list the original equipment.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I have all these items and can sell you the complete pkg. Call me at 8709318004 or you may text that number also

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
welcome, from another GTA owner

GUILTY

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2015
Toronto
Thanks for the welcome I purchased the car from legendary motor , they brought the car in from the US and according to the history from Carfax I am the 3 rd owner. the car has 8000 miles on it and has never been damaged .Also I managed to get a hold og a guy yesterday that has everything I need except the center console insert that holds the sub and amp, but I will probably try to relocate the amp and sub still undecided

Last edited:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I have the tumor outer parts. The GT Guys just took them off my car last week. I have no use for them.

GUILTY

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2015
Toronto
did you use the GT Guys Mac relocated kit or did you do something else

GUILTY

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2015
Toronto
I have the tumor outer parts. The GT Guys just took them off my car last week. I have no use for them.

did you use the Mac relocate kit from the GT guys

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
did you use the Mac relocate kit from the GT guys

No, I had a Shadowman kit that I bought from a forum member.

GUILTY

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2015
Toronto
Does anyone have or know were I can get the mac relocate kit

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Does anyone have or know were I can get the mac relocate kit

The GT Guy

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I have a relocation kit in stock. Will get you a price on it tomorrow

GUILTY

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2015
Toronto
I have a relocation kit in stock. Will get you a price on it tomorrow

great really appreciate it , I will be away next week on holidays and will not have access to the forum but if you have one I will take it .

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Is your car the one that was on their site mid to late 2014?
Nice car.

GUILTY

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2015
Toronto
Is your car the one that was on their site mid to late 2014?
Nice car.

Thanks , I purchased the car the end of sept 2014 and haven't really had a chance to drive it . I am trying to get everything ready for the spring went with the bridgestone tires 255 front and 345 rears, ordered the heffner pulley / tune kit with exhaust.

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
Thanks , I purchased the car the end of sept 2014 and haven't really had a chance to drive it . I am trying to get everything ready for the spring went with the bridgestone tires 255 front and 345 rears, ordered the heffner pulley / tune kit with exhaust.

i have done the Heffner exhaust install myself, if you need assistance.