Looking for damaged front Splitters

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Does anyone have any damaged front splitters they would like to get rid of? The closer to South Florida the better. PM me or Click on my forum name " STORMCAT" to get the direct email option. Thanks !!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Ooooooookay, Brian - fess up! Whatcha got goin' on project wise NOW?!

Juan Cooldude

GT Owner
Jul 1, 2008
What? New project? I'm still waiting for those ceramic brakes...

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
What? New project? I'm still waiting for those ceramic brakes...

hey buddy. I sent you a PM on the brakes...

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Ooooooookay, Brian - fess up! Whatcha got goin' on project wise NOW?!

I hate to cut up new ones for my experiments !!!...:biggrin

Attachments

• IMG_1537.jpg
    IMG_1537.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_1535.jpg
    IMG_1535.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_1536.jpg
    IMG_1536.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_1487.jpg
    IMG_1487.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_1498.jpg
    IMG_1498.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 198
H

HHGT

Very very nice. I love the tail.....

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Wow, you know you are serious if you are booking wind tunnel time.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I am working on a functional adjustable down force package.. Think of it as a Viper ACR kit for the GT.. the best part is it will be a bolt on take off track day kit. No major mods required ...The wind tunnel has given me some great data.. :biggrin

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I am working on a functional adjustable down force package.. Think of it as a Viper ACR kit for the GT.. the best part is it will be a bolt on take off track day kit. No major mods required ...The wind tunnel has given me some great data.. :biggrin

Hey, Brian, 'you see where the "smoke" hits the left front tire tread? Why not flare your new spoiler OUT far enough in front of the tire (and up the fender to/by the fender "seam") so the air flows completely outside of the tire's frontal area and eliminates that obstruction? If memory serves, Matech's car is set up that way. (I've never understood why Ford didn't do that in the 1st place. Buuuut, they hadta have their reasons, I guess.)

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Don't let StormCat fool you. He photoshopped that car. I was blowing smoke in his face!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I am working on a functional adjustable down force package... :biggrin

Ahhhh - the reincarnation of Jim Hall :lol

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Hey, Brian, 'you see where the "smoke" hits the left front tire tread? Why not flare your new spoiler OUT far enough in front of the tire (and up the fender to/by the fender "seam") so the air flows completely outside of the tire's frontal area and eliminates that obstruction? If memory serves, Matech's car is set up that way. (I've never understood why Ford didn't do that in the 1st place. Buuuut, they hadta have their reasons, I guess.)
He EP. I have those pieces I just couldn't get them done in time for the rally.

Don't let StormCat fool you. He photoshopped that car. I was blowing smoke in his face!

Yea Frank.. :bored ..you,ve been couped up in your smoke filled GT to long,,Try rolling down the windows some time,,,,:ack

The company really liked the GT in the tunnel. They made this video for thier Promo material. They were just playing around after I did my testing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EjFkPL_H_4

Last edited:

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
The company really liked the GT in the tunnel. They made this video for thier Promo material. They were just playing around after I did my testing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EjFkPL_H_4

I'm not so sure they liked it, I think they were just blowing smoke.......:biggrin. Really cool stuff Brian. Your car's looking good man, as always!!!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
now thats cool Brian!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Ahhhh - the reincarnation of Jim Hall :lol

Thanks Ralphie, I'll take that as a compliment.. I had some Chaparral racers as a Kid ! !:biggrin I always liked hearing stories of his aerodynamic inovations ,,:thumbsup

I'm not so sure they liked it, I think they were just blowing smoke.......:biggrin. Really cool stuff Brian. Your car's looking good man, as always!!!
Thanks Pro !!

now thats cool Brian!

Thanks Sorush !! We missed you at the rally !!

Hydra GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2008
Delray Beach, FL
Stormcat.....I have a front splitter you can have :) I can bring it down or you can meet at my warehouse up here one of these days and swap the helmet and calendar :)

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
Brian, that looks insane...but I love it! Wish I were closer as I have a splitter that would be worthy of the cause.