Looking for a High Mileage GT!

3pedalcollector

Jul 18, 2023
Hey all.

As the title states, I am looking to add another GT to the collection. If anyone is selling their GT that's been driven a healthy amount let me know! Looking for an example 20k miles and up, number of options dont matter :)

Dudlow

GT Owner
Nov 8, 2020
London UK
Hey all.

As the title states, I am looking to add another GT to the collection. If anyone is selling their GT that's been driven a healthy amount let me know! Looking for an example 20k miles and up, number of options dont matter :)
20k does not sound high to me.........

Reactions: MNJason

3pedalcollector

Jul 18, 2023
20k does not sound high to me.........
neither to me, but I've had to lower the number since I am not able to find any examples sitting at >40k miles

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Hey all.

If you're not already aware of auction site Bring a Trailer, they have an '05/6 GT auction, or two, running at almost times, including this red '06 with 11K miles currently at $250k and ends in 7 days on Tues 8/15 https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2006-ford-gt-126/

... unless you were just lookin' to buy privately / from a forum member.

3pedalcollector

Jul 18, 2023
If you're not already aware of auction site Bring a Trailer, they have an '05/6 GT auction, or two, running at almost times, including this red '06 with 11K miles currently at $250k and ends in 7 days on Tues 8/15 https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2006-ford-gt-126/

... unless you were just lookin' to buy privately / from a forum member.
appreciate it. Been monitoring all the auction/for sale sites. Those will most likely go for 400k and above which isn't exactly what we are trying to do. Just figured someone that an owner who puts good miles on their car would probably be active here on the off chance they see this/list their car.

Last edited:

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
I have a 2006 midnight blue / white stripe just over 40k miles in near show room condition. if I were to sell, I would hope it went to someone intending to drive and enjoy the way I have as an original owner.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Hey all.

What other conditions would you accept and what are you thinking budget wise? I ask because everyone knows what sub 1,000 mile cars sell for, but there is a HUGE spread in values for high mile cars because there are more variables.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
What other conditions would you accept and what are you thinking budget wise? I ask because everyone knows what sub 1,000 mile cars sell for, but there is a HUGE spread in values for high mile cars because there are more variables.
... and fewer of them. Of the past 127 to run on BaT only 7 had >15k miles.

On the other hand, 61 had <2k miles.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
... and fewer of them. Of the past 127 to run on BaT only 7 had >15k miles.

On the other hand, 61 had <2k miles.
True, when I bought mine, I was open to a lot of things because I was on a pretty strict budget. I considered a 90k mile car in Canada that had hail damage (fixed), a couple of cars with massive modifications, cars with minor bumps, a car in Hawaii…..The only cars I drew the line on were cars with moderate or worse accidents (as graded by CarFax) and fixed salvage cars.

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
$375k Canadian car, recent paint correction, new 3m, ceramic coat, 1/2 wear on Bridgestones, some bling items, electronic tune by McPhail with tuner, silly bumper extension removed, low profile wipers.
I've been to Phoenix, Las Vegas, Tucson, El Paso, Sedona, Moab Utah, Monument valley, Banff, Drumheller, Kingman, Oatman, Grand Canyon, Yellowstone.
The car is a fun comfortable road tripper. I can't imagine a heart so cold as to have only 2000 miles after 16 years. And to buy one of those you immediately have to replace all the rubber...belts, seals, tires. The mileage is just over 40k and changing. Last driven a week ago.

Reactions: Fast Freddy

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The problem with cars like you're looking for is that the owner loves it probably more than their mother and would sell their mother before the car :)

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
The problem with cars like you're looking for is that the owner loves it probably more than their mother and would sell their mother before the car :)
Wait ... I can sell my mother?!! This opens up some things.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Sell? No, but a short term rental is possible….her shots are up to date

PJA

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 12, 2011
I have a 41 K , black, silver stripe, give me a call, Pat 914-490-8365

Reactions: Fast Freddy

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
I have a white, blue stripe with 14k if you'd consider. Jason 952 994 9449

Reactions: analogdesigner

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I have a white, blue stripe with 14k if you'd consider. Jason 952 994 9449

Oh man, you are ready to move on?

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Oh man, you are ready to move on?
Yes, most likely its time

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Jason, say it ain't so!!! What's next?

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Jason, say it ain't so!!! What's next?

I'm looking at a few things. Might just keep her and drive it!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I'm looking at a few things. Might just keep her and drive it!

You are living in road-trip paradise. A trip up the PCH......you just might fall in love again.

;)

Reactions: RPM217