Liquid Red Pre-Production...

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Wrapping will be tough! Ed made a great point, I didn't think of that! I hope someone can scan the car soon to begin the laser plotting for clear film. We certainly will want to protect that beautiful paint.

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Yeah, more coming. Not sure how many they are planning on producing.

I hope they make one of every production color so it's possible to see the real deal in person. It's going to be very difficult to choose a color. Seeing them all in person may help make that decision easier. I would opt to go to Ford or Multimatic to see them all side by side to make that final selection. I'm thinking that should be an optional part of the process... :biggrin

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Wrapping will be tough! Ed made a great point, I didn't think of that! I hope someone can scan the car soon to begin the laser plotting for clear film. We certainly will want to protect that beautiful paint.

Clear film may be a factory option.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I hope they make one of every production color so it's possible to see the real deal in person. It's going to be very difficult to choose a color. Seeing them all in person may help make that decision easier. I would opt to go to Ford or Multimatic to see them all side by side to make that final selection. I'm thinking that should be an optional part of the process... :biggrin

Since there are no spec cars, that would only happen if one (or more) person orders one of every color and hold them there for viewing. If you want to see one, you might have a long wait.

They could offer up paint samples (on more than just a piece of paper).

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

The order guide will be helpful with your decision.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Since there are no spec cars, that would only happen if one (or more) person orders one of every color and hold them there for viewing. If you want to see one, you might have a long wait.

They could offer up paint samples (on more than just a piece of paper).

I think it's extremely lame that you post in this section, ask questions about X, Y, or Z and offer prognostications about the future of production and maybe getting one later, then scurry off elsewhere to post about how the car is overpriced, uncompetitive, not worth it, and you wouldn't want it anyways but for the ability to try and flip it. So why post about it?

The policy of this site has always been that it's maintained for the benefit of owners and people serious about buying a GT, old or new. By your own admission, you aren't serious about buying one, and you don't want the car. The car you do have has been for sale for an eternity.

If you're bored and need to fill up your time, take up golf.

p.s, if you're serious and you want a 675LT and that is really a car you think is worth getting in a line for, let me know and I will get you one at MSRP today. It is a great car and it is readily available for actual serious buyers.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston

That is awesome! No aftermarket headaches.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id

Could not agree more Brian.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
My guess is the powers to be at Ford may have a schedule of where each of the cars will be if out touring... maybe they can post this schedule in the members only forum on where the cars are scheduled to be. Those of us that would like to travel to check out a particular color can make the trip to check them out.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Going back to R10, I believe I and several others have seen the following options:

Ingot Silver with Alloy Stripes - R10
Matte Black - R10 Mock Up (Perhaps not a true sample)
Triple Yellow with Shadow Black Stripes - SEMA & Laguna Seca
Frozen White - Daytona
Liquid Grey - Le Mans
2016 Race Livery at most of the above.

I'm sure Dave has seen all the colors produced so far but that's not that bad as far as I'm concerned. I would like to see the Liquid Blue at some point and obviously the '66 Heritage. Nice problem to have if I'm honest.

Vince H

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I think it's extremely lame that you post in this section, ask questions about X, Y, or Z and offer prognostications about the future of production and maybe getting one later, then scurry off elsewhere to post about how the car is overpriced, uncompetitive, not worth it, and you wouldn't want it anyways but for the ability to try and flip it. So why post about it?

The policy of this site has always been that it's maintained for the benefit of owners and people serious about buying a GT, old or new. By your own admission, you aren't serious about buying one, and you don't want the car. The car you do have has been for sale for an eternity.

If you're bored and need to fill up your time, take up golf.

p.s, if you're serious and you want a 675LT and that is really a car you think is worth getting in a line for, let me know and I will get you one at MSRP today. It is a great car and it is readily available for actual serious buyers.

Flip it? Get real and show me where I said that.

Both opinions are valid. With my eyesight anything with the visilility of any of these are out of my future. More eye doctor visit today to determine what to do next. Golf don't work with one eye either. Tried that. If you think I'm bull**** try covering your right eye and just see how much you take for granted.

PS. Do you have a 675LT? Is the comparison to LaFerrari valid?

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Flip it? Get real and show me where I said that.

Sure. Bullet point 1 from a 7 point list:

1. For me, I can't see well enough to drive the one I have, so if I'd gotten it it would have been like trout fishing - catch and release.

In the end, the car is not competitive in the marketplace....For the same money you can do a lot better.

Go for it.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
You're reading too much into the statement. Things got so bad between the application and the announcements that my catch would have been if I got one and the release a "sorry but no thanks pass it to one of the standby guys". I wouldnt have taken it if i can't drive it. My high performance driving days are over. Pupil dilation in 5 minutes

The second statement is my opinion. Marketplace is a moving target. That doesn't mean the car won't be a thrill to drive especially on the track

Last edited:

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Would be Great to visit multimatic after production has begun and all secrets are out!! Maybe have next years rally in Toronto area. Could see different colors up close! Would not help those who have an allocation in first year production but it would in years 2,3 and4!!!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yes, and you are welcome to your opinion.

I find it disingenuous to have differing opinions about the car, process, etc depending on whose eyes are on it. Car is overpriced, car is not competitive, car is not worth getting in line for, we're kool aid drinkers, etc is distant from the sentiment you've expressed here.

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006

Great idea!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

Excellent - I can't think of a more useful option! Xpel or equivalant, not 3M?

For the exposed CF bodywork, a whole bunch easier to wrap off the car, before they install the parts.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Going back to R10, I believe I and several others have seen the following options:

Ingot Silver with Alloy Stripes - R10
Matte Black - R10 Mock Up (Perhaps not a true sample)
Triple Yellow with Shadow Black Stripes - SEMA & Laguna Seca
Frozen White - Daytona
Liquid Grey - Le Mans
2016 Race Livery at most of the above.

I'm sure Dave has seen all the colors produced so far but that's not that bad as far as I'm concerned. I would like to see the Liquid Blue at some point and obviously the '66 Heritage. Nice problem to have if I'm honest.

Vince H

Was the R10 silver car "liquid silver" that is not offered? Just curious.

knightka

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 6, 2015
Los Altos, CA
Love the idea of having the car with a factory installed clear film. My only concern is that I have never seen a new car not need some amount of paint correction. No way to do that after the clear film is on.

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
Love the idea of having the car with a factory installed clear film. My only concern is that I have never seen a new car not need some amount of paint correction. No way to do that after the clear film is on.

Some of my new cars have had factory clear film that was easy to remove and replace, some other cars have had clear film stuck on so tightly I was scared to try to remove it- hopefully the NGT will opt for the type that is fairly easy to remove and replace