lip on top of radiator vents

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Hi

I just read the "12hr Enduro Winner" thread in Ford GT Racing section and saw the small lip on the racecar. Seeing that lip on the new racecar reminded me that I recall from watching some historic interviews on the GT40s someone did say that the lip changes the airflow, which provide better cooling.

Since the cooling topic with our GTs are visited every now and then, I believe if some master craftman there had one made that is pleasing to the eyes and easy to install/remove (something without drilling, maybe something like a clip the lip is shaped like an "L" or an upside down "T", which it could be wedged between the crease of the bonnet and nose panels?), this could be a very popular item among us.

Thoughts?

A big congrats on the win!!

Ed

nz05gt

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2006
taupo new zealand
The original yollow test mule had one on it.
it does make quite a difference when pushing your GT hard we lost 10 degrees water temp at the track with ours
NZ05GT
Neil

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
It's been done in a removable and non-removable format by Bob Ida. I believe its called a wicker.

Dave

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
It's been done in a removable and non-removable format by Bob Ida. I believe its called a wicker.

Dave

Anyone here bought this wicker? just visited Bob Ida's site, but didn't see it. I'll call to see if still available.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
radiator cut out lip

Someone at the Rally in Texas had the radiator lip made of aluminum. They also removed the screens behind the radiator. It will help some with cooling. Is there another thread about this somewhere?

Ed

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Anyone here bought this wicker? just visited Bob Ida's site, but didn't see it. I'll call to see if still available.

He doesn't list a lot of his stuff. Telephone is 732-591-1245

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Someone at the Rally in Texas had the radiator lip made of aluminum. They also removed the screens behind the radiator. It will help some with cooling. Is there another thread about this somewhere?

Ed

That was me !

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Rocketman

Hi Rocketman - I thought it was you but I have CRS.

See you at VIR! Ed