lifting rear of car

sawb

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2006
need help jacking rear to replace rear tires,factory lift points from owners manual not helpful

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
need help jacking rear to replace rear tires,factory lift points from owners manual not helpful

By "not helpful" do you mean you can't locate them, or you want to lift 'car some other way?

Aug 25, 2006

Have you taken care of the situation?

If not please let me know and I will share a few options

Takes care

Shadowman

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA

One crude way that is fairly easy is to get a couple of 4 X 4 's and drive up onto them with the back tires only. This should give you enough clearance to place a small bottle jack under each lift point which should now be easier to see. It's is a square section of metal with a little round hole in the center. A low profile jack is easier.

Pete S.

gtjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 28, 2006
lifting

It been a while, but I thought someone had come up with a lift assist kit. Some sort of white neoprene or rubber disks that fit into to lift points and over on on a jack to ensure proper location. Any body remember who made these and if the kits are still available

Aug 25, 2006
It been a while, but I thought someone had come up with a lift assist kit. Some sort of white neoprene or rubber disks that fit into to lift points and over on on a jack to ensure proper location. Any body remember who made these and if the kits are still available

These kits to which you refer are available through Jay aka "GT Saver"

Takes care

Shadowman

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
GTJIM, they're still available form Analogdesigner. The problem is getting the car up high enough to get them in and then jack up the car.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
GTJIM, they're still available form Analogdesigner. The problem is getting the car up high enough to get them in and then jack up the car.

'Runnin' the car up onto a pair of 2x10's will do that easliy, Dr. Frank...:cheers

sawb

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2006
lifting

Have you taken care of the situation?

If not please let me know and I will share a few options

Takes care

Shadowman
a picture would be great!

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Low profile floor jack that will fit under a lotus will work on the GT. Need a long arm variant though.

Its easier to lift the whole car via the main-beam method and place jack stands under the lift points. IMHO.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006

Cool Tech LLC will have a kit out within ~1 week. Prototypes have been made and shown to a few owners. Material is here. Just waiting for final machining. These will be a must for all GT owners and will be at an attractive price point.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Let me be the first to remind loyal FGT Forum members that Jay designed the lift kit and is currently shipping them.
Jay is a forum sponsor.
Let's not forget our own.
Thanks!
Bony

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Cool Tech LLC will have a kit out within ~1 week. Prototypes have been made and shown to a few owners. Material is here. Just waiting for final machining. These will be a must for all GT owners and will be at an attractive price point.

As many will attest, all of Kendall's products are first rate. I'm in - please put me down for the kit.

H

HHGT

I actually saw them at Kendall's and they look great. He's also working on a variant for me - aren't you Kendall?

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA

sawb

if I did it right, this link should show a few photos of back and front tire changing yesterday in my driveway. Excuse the VIR rubber on the paint . . .

http://home.comcast.net/~skatesharpening/fgtlift01.htm

I used the hockey puck method, next time I'll try with the "savers" and shoot again.

Pete S.

TifosiTed

GT Owner
Jul 30, 2007
Chicago Burbs
sawb

if I did it right, this link should show a few photos of back and front tire changing yesterday in my driveway. Excuse the VIR rubber on the paint . . .

I used the hockey puck method, next time I'll try with the "savers" and shoot again.

Pete S.

I used a jounior hockey puck. A little smaller Dia than regulation size. Fits the rear jack point and allows tray removal. Works great.

Ted

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
For garage work at home, I took two 30 inch 4 x 4's, cut one end at about a 60 degree slope. Put them behind rear tires, back up on them, and they give me plenty of clearance to get a conventional jack underneath to reach the jack points without hitting front splitter on floor.

sawb

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2006
Lifting

sawb

Pete S.

thanks pete,cant tell from pics if you had cladding off John

Aug 25, 2006
Where to begin;

I suppose it should be with the bases of this thread and the initial question posted regarding the lifting of the back side of the gals to swap tires.

I remained willing to share proven methods to lift the gals without having to remove the rear diffuser and without the use of special tools and products such as the cool centering pucks that Jay aka GT Saver created for these gals a couple years ago. However the thread migrated over time to a reference about Jay aka GT Saver's cool lift puck system into a new product offering to supposedly replace those that Jay used to sell.

Well it is great reluctance that I get into the middle of this however Jay has become a friend as such with his blessing as well as the Forum moderators I share the following;

Jay aka GT Saver not only still sells the cool lift puck system but he also has them in stock because he ships an average of 2 sets weeks. Now I know this because I chatted with Jay only a short time ago. It was during this conversation that I made mention of the new product offering to which he was initially disappointed however then I felt him smile as he said " well; at least I know that he likes them" followed by "if he wants to fabricate and sell them too then so be it; I am not going to make waves".

Now it remains only my opinion and I understand this VERY well however; when this Forum was created and the gals and their owners were brought together several requests were made for specialty items as well as those items direly needed.

It was as the direct result of this that those with the resources and ability set up their shop to tend to these request. In the example of Jay GT Saver he bought several cool items to the table; lower OEM shift balls, urethane bulkhead seal versus the putty as used by Ford, magnetic drain plugs, the cool fully machined lift puck system presented in a nice case with a diagram of the gal’s proper lift points, transaxle breather extenders, etc. At the same time Kendall aka CoolTech met the demand for a better trickle charger with a neatly integrated plug and play setup, seat stops to protect one from shattering the rear glass, license plate standoffs to allow for better engine bay circulation, etc. Then T&A met the need for the BADASS Penske shock setup, a cool lowering collar setup designed to be used with the OEM shocks and a transaxle remote breather reservoir. Then as time went by folks such as AccuFab presented inlet air tube stiffeners, larger billet throttle bodies, and of course the well known and used half shaft bolt hardware. Then Whipple brought us more air through the huge superchargers and Heffner more air as the result of the twin turbos as well as their exhaust and then Stainless Works presented another exhaust to consider.

What I am attempted to demonstrate is that many folks went in many directions and then came back to the table with their wares and at no time was there IMO a conflict of interest or one using another’s product and or idea to present a like kind product but rather each product and representative stood on their own merits as they presented their response to the Forum members requests.

Now I too have responded on a few occasions with a widget or two and in fact at one time I made a less than respectful post within the body of another’s thread during which I shared my idea while they were attempting to present theirs and once I realized what I had done and I immediately called the initiated of the thread to apologize and also made another post within the thread taking the focus off of my idea; what I did was done without the desire to harm or redirect at yet it was wrong. Now my personal commitment to this Forum is both sincere and can be evidence at any moment in time though my actions as such I am comfortable sharing all of these feelings even though I wish that they were not IMO needed to be shared.

Now I say that what I did in the example as shared was wrong because the older I get the more I value the meaning and use of certain words and in this case the word I refer to is “friend”

I consider many of you my friend and remain willing to assist all of you at any time and included in this mix of friends of Jay; the owner of GT Saver products.

Here is the meaning of a friend as shared by another;

"A true friend is one who is there with you always; a friend shares your good times and your bad times. A friend is trusted without question. A friend will be there to for you during all moments in your life"

I share all of this because I have made clear that over the last year Jay aka GT Saver has had a very difficult chain of events to deal with; as his friend I have remained accessible and willing to help Jay in any way I can however most of that which Jay has had to deal with had to be accomplished on his own as such I have remained more often than not simply a concerned and caring ear to bend.

Having shared all of this I truly wish for all of you the very best and should Kendall present a like kind product aka lift pucks I too would expect it to be a wonderful product however I ask that all of you remember who created and made them accessible to us when we reached out and shared a need and who also continues to stock and ship the very cool lift puck system; this folks is Jay the owner of GT Saver; my friend, a friend of this Forum, and a Ford GT owner.

Takes care

Shadowman

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Where to begin;

I suppose it should be with the bases of this thread and the initial question posted regarding the lifting of the back side of the gals to swap tires.

I remained willing to share proven methods to lift the gals without having to remove the rear diffuser and without the use of special tools and products such as the cool centering pucks that Jay aka GT Saver created for these gals a couple years ago. However the thread migrated over time to a reference about Jay aka GT Saver's cool lift puck system into a new product offering to supposedly replace those that Jay used to sell.

Well it is great reluctance that I get into the middle of this however Jay has become a friend as such with his blessing as well as the Forum moderators I share the following;

Jay aka GT Saver not only still sells the cool lift puck system but he also has them in stock because he ships an average of 2 sets weeks. Now I know this because I chatted with Jay only a short time ago. It was during this conversation that I made mention of the new product offering to which he was initially disappointed however then I felt him smile as he said " well; at least I know that he likes them" followed by "if he wants to fabricate and sell them too then so be it; I am not going to make waves".

Now it remains only my opinion and I understand this VERY well however; when this Forum was created and the gals and their owners were brought together several requests were made for specialty items as well as those items direly needed.

It was as the direct result of this that those with the resources and ability set up their shop to tend to these request. In the example of Jay GT Saver he bought several cool items to the table; lower OEM shift balls, urethane bulkhead seal versus the putty as used by Ford, magnetic drain plugs, the cool fully machined lift puck system presented in a nice case with a diagram of the gal’s proper lift points, transaxle breather extenders, etc. At the same time Kendall aka CoolTech met the demand for a better trickle charger with a neatly integrated plug and play setup, seat stops to protect one from shattering the rear glass, license plate standoffs to allow for better engine bay circulation, etc. Then T&A met the need for the BADASS Penske shock setup, a cool lowering collar setup designed to be used with the OEM shocks and a transaxle remote breather reservoir. Then as time went by folks such as AccuFab presented inlet air tube stiffeners, larger billet throttle bodies, and of course the well known and used half shaft bolt hardware. Then Whipple brought us more air through the huge superchargers and Heffner more air as the result of the twin turbos as well as their exhaust and then Stainless Works presented another exhaust to consider.

What I am attempted to demonstrate is that many folks went in many directions and then came back to the table with their wares and at no time was there IMO a conflict of interest or one using another’s product and or idea to present a like kind product but rather each product and representative stood on their own merits as they presented their response to the Forum members requests.

Now I too have responded on a few occasions with a widget or two and in fact at one time I made a less than respectful post within the body of another’s thread during which I shared my idea while they were attempting to present theirs and once I realized what I had done and I immediately called the initiated of the thread to apologize and also made another post within the thread taking the focus off of my idea; what I did was done without the desire to harm or redirect at yet it was wrong. Now my personal commitment to this Forum is both sincere and can be evidence at any moment in time though my actions as such I am comfortable sharing all of these feelings even though I wish that they were not IMO needed to be shared.

Now I say that what I did in the example as shared was wrong because the older I get the more I value the meaning and use of certain words and in this case the word I refer to is “friend”

I consider many of you my friend and remain willing to assist all of you at any time and included in this mix of friends of Jay; the owner of GT Saver products.

Here is the meaning of a friend as shared by another;

"A true friend is one who is there with you always; a friend shares your good times and your bad times. A friend is trusted without question. A friend will be there to for you during all moments in your life"

I share all of this because I have made clear that over the last year Jay aka GT Saver has had a very difficult chain of events to deal with; as his friend I have remained accessible and willing to help Jay in any way I can however most of that which Jay has had to deal with had to be accomplished on his own as such I have remained more often than not simply a concerned and caring ear to bend.

Having shared all of this I truly wish for all of you the very best and should Kendall present a like kind product aka lift pucks I too would expect it to be a wonderful product however I ask that all of you remember who created and made them accessible to us when we reached out and shared a need and who also continues to stock and ship the very cool lift puck system; this folks is Jay the owner of GT Saver; my friend, a friend of this Forum, and a Ford GT owner.

Takes care

Shadowman

As always well said, needless to say I concur!
Gba,
Daniel