Life is

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Life is good.

Just wow. So this evening (around 4) I decide to take the GT out for one the last few runs of the year. I have a cool little 75 mile circuit that I do that includes small towns, beautiful rural roads and a few miles of interstate.

It is beautiful. Cool temps, leaves are almost perfect burnt orange and I am truly enjoying a glorious evening in the GT.

Go through a small town and notice a little guy maybe 9 yelling at his mom on the porch to look at the car going by. I noticed his enthusiasm so I stopped and let him and his sister get in the drivers seat for a while. The neighbors came soon after and had a great time. Got a great ice cream cone Around the corner too.

Almost time to get back to the house where dinner awaits with my wife and two boys so I take off. Life is good.

To get back home I need to take 3 miles of interstate to get back into the rural roads that I enjoy. I get on the interstate and it is beautiful. The sun, cool air, Little traffic is perfect. Window a 1/4 down just to hear the exhaust and get a nice breeze. Life is good.

At that moment, my evening took a left turn. Not sure how it happened but two cars heading in the opposite direction on I-96 collided and sent both cars tumbling down the road to the left of me. I saw 3 people ejected from the vehicles (maybe 200 feet) while the cars were rolling like matchbox cars. One car completely in flames while the others was still tumbling.

I called 911 and reported the accident and drove home. My heart was broken for the families involved. The awesome rural roads that were between me and my family were sobering. I just wanted to get he to see them.

When I got home, as I gave my wife a big hug, I could hear sirens in the distance.

6 hours later the interstate is still closed.

Still sick to my stomach. Gave the the kids and wife a few extra hugs tonight.

Just wow.

Last edited:

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Whoa! Crazy scary.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.