Letting go of my GT.

funat50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 1, 2006
Greensboro NC - IOP, SC
May chnage my mind when it starts to get warm.
2006 GT, Tungsten, all 4 options, #1774, 2355 miles. $178k
Right front wheel got rashed going into trailer, otherwise perfect.
Plastic film still on rocker panels. Loyd's mats and 3M clearcoat applied.

Attachments

• gt06.JPG
    gt06.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 1,447

Bill Oxley

GT Owner
Jun 15, 2006
Denver area

I'm thinking you want to replace that RF with a brand new BBS wheel, with balancing, etc.

Make it perfect, rather than "otherwise perfect".

"Otherwise perfect" at 178 doesn't have a very warm feeling.

And, "May change my mind", is probably not the best sales tactic. I changed my mind when trying to sell my Tungston a few weeks back. I got cold feet, when my Heritage deal fell through, which po'd a few potential buyers. I think a couple of them thought I was just wasting their time, for which I am truly sorry. So, just tell it like it is, and I bet it will sell at a fair price.

Nice looking car. Good luck!

funat50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 1, 2006
Greensboro NC - IOP, SC
Honestly!

Based on sales data from ebay I originally priced at $180k. I got a dealer quote of $1550 for the wheel, ie; $178k. "May change my mind" means that as the weather gets nicer I'll be less motivated, so don't try lowballing my price. As I told an interested party that made a less than accceptable offer; I don't have to sell, just looking to shuffle my car holdings, car will not go down, if interested you should strike while the time is right. The best part of being an unmotivated seller, I don't care one way or the other and I get to drive one of the greatest muscle cars ever made. That said, the car is great and worth evey penny, it's just business.:wink

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
FYI-The wheel should be no more than $400.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
FYI-The wheel should be no more than $400.

Standard wheels about $400, upgraded wheels are about $900 to $1000.

funat50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 1, 2006
Greensboro NC - IOP, SC
Wheel price?

A local dealer I called said the retail was $2000 and quoted me $1550. Where can I get one for under $1k, I'll take it!

Desi

GT Owner
Jan 30, 2006
Germany
I would take this 10 spoke for 300US$ (if available - haven't checked).
http://www.wheelsrims.net/ford-gt-inventory.html
For the rest you can buy me some beer :wink

Prost :cheers

Desi

Last edited:

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA

Desi

I owe you a beer Desi. :cheers Thanks for the heads up.

I assume there will be some questions regarding these wheels. They are inexpensive enough to 'put the toe in the water'. I will report back after I take delivery.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina

Desi

I've called this place 10+ times - no wheels:frown. They buy damaged and refurb them is what they told me...

Dick, have you called SportsCar Italia and see if there is anybody who can refinish the wheel?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Awhile back, someone here on the Forum highly recommended Son Tran, 714-742-6855, onsitewheels@yahoo.com.

I know nuthin' 'bout him...

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Call Torrie and get a price. Also, try capaldiracing.com

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
The upgraded wheels can NOT be had for $400 each. I would buy 20 of them today if that was true....

I have researched all these other socalled companies that advertise them for $300 to $400 and NONE of them have them and if they did they are refinished wheels.

Now, I can get you a BRAND NEW in the original box front wheel for less than $1k. If you want one, call me anytime. I can ship one out ASAP

Desi

GT Owner
Jan 30, 2006
Germany
I've called this place 10+ times - no wheels:frown. They buy damaged and refurb them is what they told me...

Dick, have you called SportsCar Italia and see if there is anybody who can refinish the wheel?

Good to know that this place is bullshit :bs! Who wants to drive refurbished egs? Sorry Funat, was just a try...
Desi

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Well...I chatted with the seller and they are 'refurbished' wheels. They tell me that there were some scratches and have been repainted.

They assured me that if I do not want them, I have the option of returning them for a full refund (not store credit) within 14 days. As I stated earlier, they are inexpensive enough (with a return policy) to give them a try. As promised, I will report on them further when they arrive.

We shall see.:skep

Last edited:

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Well...I chatted with the seller and they are 'refurbished' wheels. They tell me that there were some scratches and have been repainted.

They assured me that if I do not want them, I have the option of returning them for a full refund (not store credit) within 14 days. As I stated earlier, they are inexpensive enough (with a return policy) to give them a try. As promised, I will report on them further when they arrive.

We shall see.:skep

That is funny..... On a Lark I also called again this AM. None of the BBS in stock... awaiting for the next "salvage" to take place so they can refurb them :bored

Good Luck Kingman!

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
That is funny..... On a Lark I also called again this AM. None of the BBS in stock... awaiting for the next "salvage" to take place so they can refurb them :bored

Good Luck Kingman!

Mad,

The guy that Mr. Pockets mentions (Son Tran, 714-742-6855, onsitewheels@yahoo.com.) is real close to me. I am planning on taking them over to him for a full inspection as a further precautionary step. When I lived on Wash., DC, I had 'Ye Olde Wheelshop' in Maryland to go to.

I believe the process is called 'MagnaFlux' for checking out aluminum for cracks. I will also have balance, etc.. checked out.

I eventually want to get all four wheels and go the route of having a set chromed or painted with my originals in storage, so obviously the 'new, outa the box' thing doesn't matter to me.

This is just step #1.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Well......even though when I called them this morning and they told me that they were 'packing my order up as we speak'.....I just received the following - 'We are attempting to fill your order. Upon locating the product, we will notify you by phone or email. We apologize for the delay in completing your order. We do strive to fill every order in a timely manner. No charges have been made to credi'

Never up...never in :ack

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Son Tran did the repair on my front BBS wheel. Superb work, no way anyone can tell which front rim was damaged. He is in SoCal, but there has to be guys like him all over...

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Son Tran did the repair on my front BBS wheel. Superb work, no way anyone can tell which front rim was damaged. He is in SoCal, but there has to be guys like him all over...

Sounds like your son does good work.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Aloha, I was blown away with the result. I had gashes, not scratches, on the outer ribs of my wheel. I did not have any concerns about cracks with the wheel as I did it cleaning the wheel, not driving it.