Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
congrats buddy! can't wait to see the pics

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
What time of the day do you anticipate securing delivery?

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
What an exciting adventure Chip. All the best, enjoy and be safe!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
This morning, it was on the truck.

ETVZ3Nf.gif

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Multimatic.

Gentlemen,

For our members who have stayed with Terry before you know it's a little different. This cat is so clean and organized that I felt like I was taking a shower in a display at Nordstrom. After brushing my teeth I looked back into the bathroom and thought, "I trashed the place!" After a nice breakfast outside on the shore of Lake Ontario we headed to Multimatic. Before going inside we ran into Larry Holt in the parking lot. Larry spent about 30 minutes with us inside and was a wealth of information as always. Everybody was super nice and the operation was most impressive as has been described here several times before. My GT left here yesterday so I just missed it. I'll see it soon enough in CA. This trip has been a blast. Cheers.

Chip

Attachments

• IMG_3757.jpg
    IMG_3757.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_3763.jpg
    IMG_3763.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_3755.jpg
    IMG_3755.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_3767.jpg
    IMG_3767.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_3764.jpg
    IMG_3764.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 276

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I told you Terry is a great host! The host with the most! It's almost time Chip!

Ed

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Let us know if yellow is still the fastest.....

john gourley

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 27, 2006
You guys are having too much fun. Enjoy

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Really happy for you Chip. Enjoy her!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Tuesday notes.

Gentlemen,

This evening Terry took me deep into central Toronto and we had dinner in an English style pub. Food and drink were both excellent. A few items of info I can share from our tour and meeting with Larry today. Production is up to 20 cars a month now. We were told that because required cure time for a tub is a full day that production will never exceed that but the plant is working Saturdays now and that is helping them to partially catch up. We saw a GT run on the dyno and were told that most cars are exceeding 647 hp, by how much I don't know. Total # of workstations on the main floor has increased from 6 to 9 to reduce the amount of work done at each station. Each stations work is completed in one day no matter how late the team needs to stay to get it done. There are more stations that involve building the tubs in an area we didn't see. I counted 31 GT's in various stages of construction on the main floor. We were shown a bunch of components that were rejected for very minor flaws. Quality is obviously job one here as I couldn't even see the imperfections in some of the rejected parts. When MM is finished a second 3+ hour inspection is performed by a Ford tech who clearly has more patience and flexibility than I do.

Finally, everybody at the plant agreed that the Speed Yellow GT shipped yesterday is the best looking one produced and they are considering shutting down the whole operation because it will all be downhill after building serial #34. All the best.

Chip

Attachments

• IMG_3771.jpg
    IMG_3771.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 363
Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ha ha until they start the RED Heritage run.

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Chip,

Let me know about what time and I will show up to see the arrival of your new GT. This is one of the dealerships I work with. Jim's a great guy. Congratulations!! Can't wait to see it.
Gentlemen,

Only about 50 or 60 new GT's have been delivered so far but reading this forum every day I often feel like I'm the only person in the world WHO DOESN'T HAVE ONE!!!! :willy I know it's crazy but I'm certain that others have that same thought.

But that's about to change. Serial #34 is finished and will be shipped tomorrow. It will be 8 days before that truck rolls up to Santa Margarita Ford in California. I'm going to occupy this countdown with a Ford GT road trip. In a couple hours I'm getting on a plane to Ontario and will have dinner with Terry Cord tonight. Tomorrow a tour of Multimatic followed by celebratory cocktails and more food. Wednesday I will fly back to Arizona. On Thursday I will drive up to Monterey, California and meet up with Terry, Monica, and Team Ford/Ganassi at Laguna Seca. Monday after the race I'll drive down the coast to Rancho Santa Margarita for dinner and cocktails with Jim Graham. Tuesday morning we'll drive to his dealership where my new GT will be delivered.

After that, I don't care what I do. It's going to be a fun "non owner" final week so.....Let's roll! I'll post some photos along the way. All the best. :cheers

Chip

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Chip... keep us posted.... DBK and I did verify that your car is on the trailer...see his previous post. We viewed it from ground level. It is in the top rack , front position .YES.... it is Yellow.
.. Rick is our Driver from Reliable and is in one of the new tractor/trailers. (Rick was one of our drivers for all the legs of the Rally 12 travel. Detroit to SLC and back.. We loaded and unloaded him at least for (4) times... he is good and will take care of your car.

If you want , since he is most likely now on I-80 heading West, we could contact him and you could climb into your car and sit in it for the final 1000 miles or so... :):)

andy (ajb)

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
very cool and congrats!!

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Thanks for the intel Chip. I am glad the production numbers are up and Ford is not letting quantity supersede quality.
Good things come to those who wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Heading West

Gentlemen,

About to board a flight back to Arizona. After missing my GT here by a day I will now fly over the top of it at 500 mph as it trundles down the highway headed west. I'll have another near miss with it on Friday when that truck and I will both be in Monterey, CA where another GT will be delivered. I'll be busy at Laguna Seca though so I'll catch up to it a final time in Southern California on Tuesday when I will finally see it.

I'm going to drive from Scottsdale to Monterey in my Shelby GT and I'm already looking forward to that leg of my "Non-Owner Road Trip". :driving: All the best.

Chip

Last edited:

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
You've got it surrounded, Chip!

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Chip, it was a blast hanging with you these last few days and so glad you decided to drop me a line!

Hopefully your whirlwind tour of Toronto gave you a memorable taste of how we like to roll and makes you want to come back.

The cherry on top had to be the fine hospitality of Multimatic with Pearce - as usual - doing a great job leading the tour, answering our questions, making us feel welcome and never rushed along with our surprise rendezvous with Larry Holt! What a gentleman and ambassador!

Sorry to Angelo for not getting together as our timing was tight.

I'd also like to take this time to thank John Bailey, Trent as well as Ed and Heidi Simms for the wonderful times we had when you guys were here... I loved it and appreciate the quality time we got to share!

These sure are great moments!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Shesgotlegs - when you are the host with the most people tend to visit you! LOL. Now it's your turn to come visit us!

Ed

PS How many times have you been to MM? It must be a record of sorts!