LeMans Winning GT40's From The 60's - Where Are They? What are They Worth?

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
An unexpectedly profound question from my 12 YO Stepson. Someone please share a bit of wisdom?

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
1075 = $10M

mardyn

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
it is my understanding car 1075 the double lemans winner is owned by the son/family of the waltons of wal mart fame.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Gurney/Foyt MKIV. Henry Ford Museum. Another board debated it's worth a few years back. One member over there owns the sister to that car and guessed anywhere from 8 to 20 milion as I recall. Only true American built and American owned and American driven car to win at Le Mans.

I have no Idea where the Shelby interred black #2 MKII is or if has ever been sold. Someone on fordgt.com will know all this hands down.

Last edited:

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
it is my understanding car 1075 the double lemans winner is owned by the son/family of the waltons of wal mart fame.

Yes that is true.

06VistaBlueGT

Aug 30, 2006

You would be correct. Its actually though, stored at Harley Cluxton's place. A good friend of mine went to Arizona, and got a chance to go into Harley Cluxton's garage, where all the cars are kept. They actually saw the Super Snake before it was sold at Barrett Jackson (among MANY other rare cars including 2 1962 Ferrari GTO's). I have a picture of Harley taking the cover off the car for a picture. :thumbsup

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Wouldn't it be nice to have enough money to drop a cool $10,000,000.oo on a toy and then just leave it in your buddies garage?

I think I left my tennies at a friends once, but they were a really nice pair.

M

Mark O

I couldn't stop looking at this car when I was at the Ford Museum a few years back..........

124-2441_IMG.JPG

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I couldn't stop looking at this car when I was at the Ford Museum a few years back..........

124-2441_IMG.JPG

Hands down my favorite classis race car. When a good quality kit/replica is available I will have one. Hmmmmm I wonder If FLChris would buy this one and park it in my garage? LOL!

Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
car # 1061 resides in Tucson, Arizona where i live. it has been owned by Jim Click for like 15 years now. Jim Click owns lots of ford dealerships, etc in the southwest and is a BIG-time vintage car racer. he purchased the car in its original condition from Bib Stillwell who used to own and operate Gates-Learjet back in the 70's. back when Bib owned the car in the late 80's i went over to his house and sat in the car. Bib also owned one of Nikki Lauda's old Ferrari F-1 cars. me and a few other guys picked up the F-1 car and put it on saw horses so they could work on it. that F-1 car was very light. Bib used to be a vintage racer too.

anyway, Jim bought the car from Bib for $1 million 15 years ago. Jim modified the car for vintage racing and brought it up to full Gulf racing spec. it took 2nd place at the GT-40 race reunion at road america in 96'. i used to work at Jim Clicks Ford dealership here in Tucson back in 1986 and he had a original 60's cobra with a BIG block in it stored in a shed at his dealership. Jim still has the Cobra too. back in the mid 90's i used to road race wheel to wheel with the Cobra in my highly modified Datsun 240-Z. one day Jim strapped my Brother into the passenger seat of the GT-40 and i got to race against the GT-40. they were on my tail in the corners as i fishtailed wildy thru the S's. i remember thinking whats gonna happen if this $1 million race car runs into the back of me :eek as we made our way onto the main straight away they blew by me like i was chained to a tree stump. :skep my bro said they hit a top speed of 150 mph at the end of the main straight. :bow i managed a mere 135 mph. at the time that car had the track record for a full bodied car in our local club racing scene. it was 8 seconds per lap faster than me and my POS datsun. i would bet the car is worth at least $2 million today. :cheers

nz05gt

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2006
taupo new zealand
i'm sure george stauffer owns 1046, the 1966 winning GT40 driven buy BRUCE McLAREN /CHRIS AMON I think it is stored at harley cluxton's museum, CRIS AMON lives just 15 ml from me the only serviving member of the 1966 lemans win:cheers
neil

ajgt

Permanent Vacation
Nov 30, 2005
atlanta, ga
one of the members (Napolis) on ferrarichat has a mark IV among other great classics.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
one of the members (Napolis) on ferrarichat has a mark IV among other great classics.

yup, and Jim drives it on the street, amazing J car.

GT703

GT Owner
Oct 17, 2005
Pennsylvania
1015(the light blue w/red-orange eyebrows MKII) #1 car was restored and owned by Brian Mimaki of California. This car crossed the staged finish line 1st in 1966 but was given 2nd place due to its starting position. Brian brought 1015 and a small block car to the SAAC convention in Watkins Glen about 10 years ago.

I had the good fortune to spend a bit of time in the car at speed as I was the driving instructor for both Brian and his dad. Brian could really handle that car. It was awe inspiring to have that big-block propel me thru "the esses". It was something that is not easily forgotten. At the time, the car was freshly restored and Brian mentioned that the car was not for sale at any price.

Within the last few years, the car was featured on "Dream Car Garage" on Speed Channel. Host Peter Klutt drove the car and opined that it was worth "in excess of $2M" but there was no mention of who owned the car.

AJK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
i'm sure george stauffer owns 1046, the 1966 winning GT40 driven buy BRUCE McLAREN /CHRIS AMON I think it is stored at harley cluxton's museum, CRIS AMON lives just 15 ml from me the only serviving member of the 1966 lemans win:cheers
neil

I saw the car about 4 years ago at George's showroom in Blue Mounds WI.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

124-2441_IMG.JPG

I saw this car last August and was amazed at its diminutive size. It looks big but is actually quite small. It is a stunning car.

06VistaBlueGT

Aug 30, 2006
Some pics of GT40#1075, 2 Ferrari GTO's, and the "Super Snake" at Harley Cluxtons Grand Touring Cars in Scottsdale Az.http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4716

Sorry, I'm pictured in most. I asked a photographer that was visiting to take pics of me with cars. Just received the copy not long ago and thought the subject matter was too awsome to keep for myself.

Yep, those are the same pics I have when my friends were down in his garage. LUCKY DAY FOR YOU!!!:thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime