Leather or vinyl

Bill Oxley

GT Owner
Jun 15, 2006
Denver area
I have now had my GT for 9 days. I don’t have that many miles on it yet, as other conflicts have been interrupting my driving experience.

However, today, I put quite a few miles on it. What an awesome machine. The issues that I’ve read about here, the getting in and out of the car, and the poor rear visibility, are definitely issues, but I’ve adapted to both of those issues very quickly.

Did I already say this? What an awesome car!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I’m pulling out all my polishes, cleaners, detail brushes, etc. Here’s my question.

High quality vinyl’s are so good these days, sometimes it’s hard to tell what is vinyl and what is leather. Is everything I see in my interior leather, or is some of it vinyl?

The seats are obviously leather, and seems most of the rest of it is also leather. But possibly some areas, in back of the seats, door panels, or somewhere else may be high quality vinyl.

I only ask this question because I have a variety of high quality cleaner/conditioners, and I would like to use the product that is best suited for the actual material.

Tnx,

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Everything is leather. I will post some of my conservations with the interior guy who was at the rally this weekend. He looked at many people's cars and took lots of pictures. Surprising how many little errors there are in the interior leather stiching when you know what to look for. If I was DBTGT, I think I'd just gut the inside of that trailer queen. But it is ALL leather and treat it so.

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl