Leaky Trunk

escman

GT Owner
Nov 16, 2005
Long Island, NY
Washed the Gt this weekend, once again water in the boot. Anyone else having this problem? It's not a big deal because I never keep anything in there, just annoying. Thnx.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Make sure the little windshield water line hose to the squirter isnt in the wrong spot, some times when your under there you brush the hose out of line and it wedges between the hood and the gasket.:thumbsupgtjoey 1314

Aug 25, 2006
Washed the Gt this weekend, once again water in the boot. Anyone else having this problem? It's not a big deal because I never keep anything in there, just annoying. Thnx.

No issues on this end; have you had the boot tub out; even if not another may have as such I would simply confirm that it is seated properly and that the seal is fully seated.

Takes care

Shadowman

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Are you sure it's not water just getting in when you open the trunk? Several times in the rain I've gone to remove things and water pours in just when you open the lid, kind of like when you open the doors and your head and lap get wet.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Make sure the little windshield water line hose to the squirter isnt in the wrong spot, some times when your under there you brush the hose out of line and it wedges between the hood and the gasket.:thumbsupgtjoey 1314

Joey like you ever go slow enough for rain to think about entering any part of the car. Heck I think a areo force field surround your car.

escman

GT Owner
Nov 16, 2005
Long Island, NY
Are you sure it's not water just getting in when you open the trunk? Several times in the rain I've gone to remove things and water pours in just when you open the lid, kind of like when you open the doors and your head and lap get wet.

Frank,
No, the water is in there when I am finished washing and drying the entire car. It appears to be coming in down low... I have about an inch of water only in the lowest point and no trail from a higher point. It's wierd

JJP

Ford GT Team Alumni
Apr 5, 2006
Saline, MI
Check that the seam on the weatherstrip is at the bottom center of the tub. The second most likely source is from water wicking under the weatherstriping because the flocking on the tub is actually under the seal due to overspray. You can remove the weatherstrip, clean off the flocking and reinstall if there is any overspray.