Le Mans?

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
Does anyone know why the GTs are not trying their hand at Le Mans?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Wasn't developed to race (it would be a pretty costly endeavor to shift everything around and develop an engine for it) and Ford has no money for a racing program. Chevy spends about 50 mil annually for the C6R.

Privateer teams will eventually. I hope to go in 08!

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I'll be there in 08 Dave - I'll have a beer waiting for you....

conundrum

GT Owner
Feb 7, 2007
Kentucky
I thought I read somewhere there is a Ford GT under development for competing in the ALMS next year. Can anyone confirm?

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Le Mans

Wasn't developed to race (it would be a pretty costly endeavor to shift everything around and develop an engine for it) and Ford has no money for a racing program. Chevy spends about 50 mil annually for the C6R.

Privateer teams will eventually. I hope to go in 08!

Dave,

You driving, or attending??!!??

cudacharlie

Dec 21, 2005
SoCal
Three hours to go and the Astons are in the lead! Better them than the Vettes, I suppose.... Oh, and I think there's a Saleen S7 or two hanging in there pretty good...

Earlier I did see a car running Gulf livery back up into the wall and need to be dragged off, which was disheartening....

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Audi won and Aston won their class.... an extremely wet Le Mans too at the end.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Audi won and Aston won their class.... an extremely wet Le Mans too at the end.

That's fair. SO WAS INDY... :thumbsdow :mad

wb1

Apr 21, 2007
Sebring, Fl.
Conundrum, Kevin Doran and Oliver Kuttner are building an ALMS GT2 car. Their plan is to run Petit LeMans and Laguna Seca this year and the full schedule, including Le Mans, next year. Their website is fordgttv.com. They don't update that often but they have some videos online and a free dvd if requested. I got the dvd at Sebring at their booth and it is worth seeing.

PIRAEUS

Jun 23, 2007
Virginia
I just joined the forum, I made those videos of the Kuttner/Doran project, which is on going. The DVD we handed out at Sebring is now online at
http://www.vuze.com/details/N25PLMZF3OJX3TN2OQHVJLMWCQWCHVFM.html

and it's still free
enjoy