Le Mans - Amazing

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
A great shame not to have triumphed - particularly as the team was so well positioned to do so.

I really enjoyed reading the updates and think it's a fantastic effort from so many to have attended.

:cheers

TrackDay

GT Owner
Mar 20, 2006
Absolutely fantastic to watch the Ford GT back at Le Mans again.
To operate a team at Le Mans is truly an epic undertaking so it speaks volumes as to the level of preparation of the Matech team to have placed so well on pole and early stages of the race.
Certainly hope to see you back at Le Mans next year.
Team Matech rocks!

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Many thanks to Chip and Dave for getting us all involved in this year's race, and to Matech for putting up such a good fight and giving our "team" the access they had. Chip, thanks for keeping us posted on status of 60 thru the night. Hard to get it on Speed. Ralphie, thanks for all the updates and great pics.

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Well there is always next year!!!! At least the Speed folks recognized the large GT owners group from the states, who helped sponsor the cars getting VIP treatment!!!

MG0427

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Central Florida
Many thanks to the team, for making this an exciting year. I loved every minute and look forward to next year, this is far from over, It just the beginning. Go BLUE

Mg

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Matech..thank you so much for letting us be a part of the effort. The personal involvement adds a whole new dimension to the race.

Those of us who couldn't make it to France were there in spirit through the TV coverage, internet feeds, and the posts of our Forum representatives. Thank you for the access, and the hospitality shown them.

We hope you can make it to the annual rally. You have a lot more fans than you have had the chance to meet. :thumbsup

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Many thanks to all the attendees who have posted updates, pics, and what not for us sponsering brethren that could not attend. Where can I get one of the Ford GT shirts??

Stu

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Does anyone know if Ford's 1966 photo finish was the start of the tradition of the staged finish which we have seen the with Peugeot last year, Audi this year, etc. Had any other team done this before or would this be another first for Ford like Dan Gurney / AJ Foyt's champagne spray?

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Thanks Guys!!

Hopefully there may be another chance for us to take part. Looked like an awesome time at a great historic motorsports event.

:cheers

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Many thanks to all the attendees who have posted updates, pics, and what not for us sponsering brethren that could not attend. Where can I get one of the Ford GT shirts??

Stu

Stu-the shirts are available at the Matech store.

http://www.matech-competition.ch/

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Well how about a Saleen S7 winning GT-1???? wow. Should be a very intersting field next year with everyone in GT-2......

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I just tried to buy, clicked "add to shopping cart" would not add. tried a couple different SKU's. Anyone successful, or am I doing something wrong?

Stu-the shirts are available at the Matech store.

http://www.matech-competition.ch/

GTMikey

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2008
Lake Tahoe
Yeah the combination of GT1 and GT2 looks like it would be a battle from the 60's. I'm guessing it's based on engine size???

Matech, thank you for making this possible. I hope you return to Lemans next year. I think there may be enough of us to fill 5 farms houses next year....

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Thank You Matech for allowing our Ford GT Forum to join your efforts in bringing back the Ford GT to Le Mans. Here's hoping we can do it again next year. Thanks to Dave and Chip for guiding us through this exciting challenge at Le Mans. This was probabily the first year in past years that our group had a real interest in the Le Mans race since the Matech GT's entered and competed very strong and aggressivly. Thanks to All. This is the first year I couldn't stay away from my laptop and the TV coverage the entire race. You race next year and I'll be there to support you. Tomy

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Does anyone have a link to a video that shows the actual #60 Matech crash. I know it was hit from behind but I can't seem to find any footage.

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
Thanks again to Matech, Dave and Chip! Great and exciting week following you all over there! Is the Matech Team coming to Road Atlanta for the ALMS race in October?

Lightning

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 9, 2006
Hutchinson, Kansas
Thanks to all. This was kinda almost as good as being there, at least that's what I keep telling myself, and there's always next year.

H

HHGT

Thank you Matech. Your contribution will be with many of us for years to come.

A favor though... Many of us cherish the many stories associated with the legacy of our cars. We would love to hear how your inspiration, enthusiasm and interest in the GT started.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
THANKYOU
MATECH
DBK
CHIP

A once in a life time for me.

Thankyou so much