Late April fools at DM

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
I've been holding my breath for some time on this, but now my head is about to explode, so I have to let it out!!!

At Dallas Mustang I bought some parts for my own and my buddys GT:

2 sets of delete cat headers
2 Racing Muflers
1 Pulley kit
1 Flash unit
2 sets of KN filters
2 short shifter kits

When it turns up it turnes out that they by mistake send us 2 MUSTANG GT shifter kits, and when I call them they wanted picture proof that is really was the wrong items.

I send them a picture of the box on the floor, and I was told that he had to speak to his manager and get back to me.

It has now been weeks since I spoke to Justin - and they are still dicking me around, and not replying...

I thought that this was quite a large order - and I just wonder how they treat the poor bastard who orders a floor mat for his 65 Stang and gets the wrong color...

PS: I also ordered a pulley kit and flash unit for my own car, but while the pulley was back ordered I changed my mind, but I found out from my credit card statement that they still charged me for the flash unit.

When asked about this Justin went: "Ehh.. Oh yes - I see that now, thats a mistake..."

Last edited:

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
another texas tuner going Bad?????

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
I've dealt with Justin at DM several times.... on Mustang parts, each time he has been pretty good, but I'm generally there in person to see what I'm buying up front.

Dallas Mustang has a terrible reputation among Mustang enthusiasts in the DFW area... I can only assume that their mail order/internet sales must take precendents over local walk-ins and other customer service issues.

I just can't believe the owners & managers of DM won't get involved to try and correct problems such as this.

mardyn

Vic

GT Owner
Aug 5, 2005
The OC
1 of 101-

Maybe a local friend could buy the stuff for you from DM? That way, you would have a "local presence", and a "face" associated with your business. Sometimes the personal contact makes a big difference in how you are treated.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I pretty much lost contact with them because the gent who set them up here is now gone. I will forward this thread to them to let them know what's going on. Hopefully this will be resolved to your satisfaction asap. :cheers