Lamborghini Owner's Comments about the GT

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I was talking with a Lamborghini Murcielago owner (3 pedal car) who has his car for sale. I said I had a Ford GT and he asked how much I paid. I was not offended by this comment as he is selling his car. His comment shocked me...."I didn't know Ford went that high". He asked how it compared...I said I actually went to buy a Murcielago the day I bought the GT. I had wanted a Lambo since I was a kid and I made my mind up I WAS going to purchase this Murci I had been eyeing for a while. There was a beautiful Ford GT there and I kept walking around it...and they said...why don't you take it for a test drive to compare. I had already driven the Murci. Ohhh my....it blew me away. I was really somewhat disappointed that a car I dreamed about from a kid...was not going to be bought because a FORD just "felt" so much better. I have to admit the Lamborghini flair is second to none, but when you sit behind the wheel there is no comparison.

So, I told him that story about the "driving experience"....and the comment back was...."I hate American cars and there is nothing compared to the Murci in the publics eye". The he said..."I guess it depends on what you want in a car.....presentation or drive experience". I think we have both.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
"... there is nothing compared to the Murci in the publics eye".

Guy sounds like a real poser. Too much like the stereotypical Lambo guy to buy a car primarily based on other folks' impression of it.
(of course this is not to say I don't know some cool Lambo owners)

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Yeah, American cars won't cure someone of their low self esteem. It takes someone with confidence to drive one. Glad you picked the GT!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
"I guess it depends on what you want in a car.....presentation or drive experience". I think we have both.

Well said!

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
That guy is a douchebag.

Who cares what he thinks or says?

1434gt

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2006
Arrogant Pos

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
I've had people think it's a Lambo or a Ferrari. They can't believe it's a Ford.

Joe

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Yeah, American cars won't cure someone of their low self esteem. It takes someone with confidence to drive one.

Well said.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Ferrari and Lambo owners are a certain breed. Though some are passionate about the cars , many are in it for the "name". Been there and done that! Ford GT owners are truly passionate about the car and its history. I attended many Ferrari national meets in the past, When I went to first Ford GT meeting in Detroit, GT owners different breed. I like the description above "confident " and unpretentious!!

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
That guy is a douchebag.

Who cares what he thinks or says?

+1

I had the same experience driving a Lamborghini. Disappointment. Most of you know I have three GT's. My experience with the Murcielago is in the rearview mirror, that's probably what ticks most Lambo owners off.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
My wife drives a Porsche Cayenne. I, of course, drive the GT, when the weather isn't crappy (when it is crappy, I drive a GMC Safari AWD van--hey, it absolutely will get me and 7 other people there and back, no matter what). Sometimes when the wife and I go out for date night, I ask, deadpan, "do you want to take the Porsche or the Ford?" It still gives me a smile that the "Ford" gets picked over the Porsche.

Obviously, no name-plate envy in this house!

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Was he selling it for $75K?

Seen many Murcis on ebay for that and more wholesale

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
No... Said he wanted 140k ... It only had 3000 miles and was an 03. I'd be scared to death of what all would tear up with any driving . I love the Murcies and Diablos . Love to have one some day . Prob love the lines of the Diablo the best . Never driven a Diablo . I would figure it has a pretty visceral experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
I think that last Diablo VT when Audi took over is the most collectible

I love the lines of the Murci; glass clutch stories after 7Kmi. sounds $$+

Jun 9, 2014
Northern Virginia
No... Said he wanted 140k ... It only had 3000 miles and was an 03. I'd be scared to death of what all would tear up with any driving . I love the Murcies and Diablos . Love to have one some day . Prob love the lines of the Diablo the best . Never driven a Diablo . I would figure it has a pretty visceral experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Diablo Roadster is one of the best Super Cars of all time. Visceral is an understatement. These cars were pre-Audi. This car has the "WOW" factor bar none. There were approximately 1/10 the number of Diablo Roadsters produced than FGT's. They are truly a rare breed. For your viewing pleasure.

Attachments

• photo-993.JPG
    photo-993.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 215
  • photo-991.JPG
    photo-991.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 216
  • photo-992.JPG
    photo-992.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 215
  • photo-995.JPG
    photo-995.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 216
  • photo-989.JPG
    photo-989.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 216

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
He's obviously not a "car guy".

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Meandmyredcorvette, I know Roy has your old car for sale now. I need to come to VA to ride in your car one day to see.

Jun 9, 2014
Northern Virginia
Meandmyredcorvette, I know Roy has your old car for sale now. I need to come to VA to ride in your car one day to see.

The yellow car is a great car!! It is going to make someone a great toy!

dmark1

GT Owner
Dec 18, 2010
Dallas
I've had both Diablo Roadster and a Murcielago. Both cars are poser cars in my opinion, as they drive like Mack trucks with no power steering. If thats your thing, great, but there truly is no comparison to the driving experience in a Ford GT.

Now a Scuderia 16M is another story….