Lambo Aventador---damn

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Of all places here in little old south Richmond I just pulled up behind an Aventador at a stop light. I was driving a 2010 Viper which may as well have been a VW by comparison.

I am not a big Lambo guy but damn that thing looked wicked from behind and sounded heavenly. Once he turned the side shot was not as pleasing to me but it is overall very breathtaking.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I came across a pearl white w/black wheels Aventador here in Newport Beach yesterday.....being trailed by a cop. It's an awesome looking ride.

H

HHGT

I came across a pearl white w/black wheels Aventador here in Newport Beach yesterday.....being trailed by a cop. It's an awesome looking ride.

Was it cleaner than your ride?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
.....being trailed by a cop.

Whodah thunk it... :rolleyes

'Love the looks of the car. 'Everything about it actually...except for the fully loaded Loomis truck one's required to have 'stop by' the factory every year.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
I know a guy in the area who has an orange one, have not seen it in person yet.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Whodah thunk it... :rolleyes

'Love the looks of the car. 'Everything about it actually...except for the fully loaded Loomis truck one's required to have 'stop by' the factory every year.
As opposed to the GT, where it's in the $100 range for an oil change - LOL

Still though - the Lambo's a very powerful, sexy beast - and the AWD makes it a tough contender...(when it's running - and not in the shop separating one's cash from their pockets)

The only thing stopping me from buying any Lambo is the ridiculous maintenance costs. I don't mind paying up front for the car, it's the insane running costs that I bock at, and for what, the pleasure of being screwed by someone to pay thousands of $ for the same basic oil and filter that I'll put in any other of my cars?

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
With Audi ownership maintenance is supposed to be better

All Lambos in side view are a bit startling...the nose is very short. On Gallardos it's length of an Elise

azmurciev12

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2011
The only thing stopping me from buying any Lambo is the ridiculous maintenance costs. I don't mind paying up front for the car, it's the insane running costs that I bock at, and for what, the pleasure of being screwed by someone to pay thousands of $ for the same basic oil and filter that I'll put in any other of my cars?

i've had a murcielago since 2003 and i can tell you that the car has been very very reliable. i have over 10K miles since new. if you can do your own service or bring the car to a trusted independent workshop, it shouldn't cost you too much. 12L of fully synthetic oil and an oil filter. it's really not bad at all. servicing the car is not rocket science. it's just a car afterall just like the FGT.

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
i've had a murcielago since 2003 and i can tell you that the car has been very very reliable. i have over 10K miles since new. if you can do your own service or bring the car to a trusted independent workshop, it shouldn't cost you too much. 12L of fully synthetic oil and an oil filter. it's really not bad at all. servicing the car is not rocket science. it's just a car afterall just like the FGT.

What about the dreaded "required service" that supposedly has to be done by an authorized dealer to keep the warranty in effect? (The warranty on your car is obviously gone now, but, "back when"?)

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
One of my favorite cars of all time! A classic Lambo --

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Of all places here in little old south Richmond I just pulled up behind an Aventador at a stop light. I was driving a 2010 Viper which may as well have been a VW by comparison.

I am not a big Lambo guy but damn that thing looked wicked from behind and sounded heavenly. Once he turned the side shot was not as pleasing to me but it is overall very breathtaking.

Funny thing is the rear is my least favorite view of the Aventador, but I think the side profile is spot on. Great car overall.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I am with Kayvan.

Nose way too short. Remember the True Lambo... the Miura

azmurciev12

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2011
What about the dreaded "required service" that supposedly has to be done by an authorized dealer to keep the warranty in effect? (The warranty on your car is obviously gone now, but, "back when"?)

IIRC the warranty on the car was 2 years only so in that 2 year span i only got the car serviced once at the dealer to make sure everything was all right and for them to perform all the required "campaigns" on the car. i believe i paid $1600.

the car has been here in the philippines for almost 8 years and we have no lambo dealership over here so the car has been serviced by my trusted independent shop and i never had any problems with the car neither did the workshop have any issues working on it. in fact, they even converted the car to RWD easily. further, there is already a great wealth of knowledge on how to work on lambos that can be found on the forums so everything is quite easy.

all i can say is the car has been bullet proof for me. and i've been very happy with it. the only major service upcoming is valve adjustment at 15K miles. i have a service manual on a CD so will just get the specs from there and bring it to the workshop again when the time comes.

H

HHGT

Most Lambos I have sat in I did not fit in comfortably. Is this any roomier?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
IIRC the warranty on the car was 2 years only so in that 2 year span i only got the car serviced once at the dealer to make sure everything was all right and for them to perform all the required "campaigns" on the car. i believe i paid $1600.

the car has been here in the philippines for almost 8 years and we have no lambo dealership over here so the car has been serviced by my trusted independent shop and i never had any problems with the car neither did the workshop have any issues working on it. in fact, they even converted the car to RWD easily. further, there is already a great wealth of knowledge on how to work on lambos that can be found on the forums so everything is quite easy.

all i can say is the car has been bullet proof for me. and i've been very happy with it. the only major service upcoming is valve adjustment at 15K miles. i have a service manual on a CD so will just get the specs from there and bring it to the workshop again when the time comes.

:thumbsup

azmurciev12

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2011

i'm a short guy 5'6" so can't say for myself. but in the lambo forums there are owners that are 6'4" and they fit well inside the car. my dad is short but stout 205lbs and fits in the car comfortably.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006

I sat in one for about five minutes - didnt drive though. Not really enough room for me, at 6'5" . I barely fit in, so not comfortable enough for me to ever seriously consider.

I would say however it is definitely more spacious than any other Lambo I have sat in (Gallardo and Murci), but Less spacious for me than my GT, and a lot less than the 458 and new McLaren.

Last edited:

azmurciev12

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2011
i just sat in an aventador today. everything is fantastic. but that dash i have some issues. i thought my murcie's dash was long already but this one is like a runway. the instrument binnacle sits up so high (like early diablos) that the space for outward vision is very limited. for a short guy like me, i'll have some serious issues looking in front. and i hate it that the dash is so long that it seems i sit so far behind.

HUBBSTER

GT Owner
May 9, 2010
Miami, FL
Yes, the Aventador is a great looking car although EVO said it has too much AUDI in the driving.

I have an 86 Countach which is also a great looking car and yes the maintenance is stupid $$$

$11k + for a new clutch installed. You have to remove the entire engine & trans through a letterbox size opening, crazy italians :)