Laguna Niguel home....opinions?

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Kayvan,
Are you locked into Orange County?
I live in Pacific Palisades and the "Westside" offers decent lifestyle and plenty of blondes.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Kayvan,
Are you locked into Orange County?
I live in Pacific Palisades and the "Westside" offers decent lifestyle and plenty of blondes.
Bleached or natural?

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Pacific Palisades is an option...

It's funny a realtor on this is a car guy and he sent me 20 other houses that are "60s/modern frank Sinatra" houses; none have same style, pool, custom design, etc

How easy is it to find a custom / Neutra / mid-century modern house like this in SoCal ?

Chances of this losing value to $400-600k?

NOTE: This is a Short Sale and requires lender approval to forgive a portion of the sellers indebtedness to sell at this price. This can take months to accomplish, and it is not unusual for the original buyer to lose interest or to purchase elsewhere by the time the lender decides exactly what they are going to do and gets back to the seller. This is what is currently going on with Paseo.

Last edited:

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Bleached or natural?

Why both, of course!

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Lots of blondes in Texas, I'm just sayin....partner :biggrin

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
I hear ya Kaveman....I even have Family in TX, & love Margaritas & the food!!

Lots of blondes in Texas, I'm just sayin....partner :biggrin

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Per realtor:

This house has been in a short sale process with the bank for months and we have our third buyer deeply ingrained in the home at this point since they have moved in and*renting back from owners while we go through the last phase of the bank process. Sellers are not willing to look at back-up offers and are awaiting a welcome end to this long process they have been through to finalize the short sale.

Strange strategy...

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Time to resume the hunt...

6s219

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 30, 2010
Covina, CA
Per realtor:

This house has been in a short sale process with the bank for months and we have our third buyer deeply ingrained in the home at this point since they have moved in and*renting back from owners while we go through the last phase of the bank process. Sellers are not willing to look at back-up offers and are awaiting a welcome end to this long process they have been through to finalize the short sale.

Strange strategy...

I have purchased several properties at Trust Deed sales where the "owner" who was occupying the house said, "this is a mistake, the banks said they would work with us"! or have been told by realtors that, " the bank has accepted an offer, the property is no longer for sale". Very reckless move on the renters part of this deal! There is a 50/50 chance that this property will end up for auction on the court house steps, and if it does, getting rid the current tenant who thought they were buying the house is going to be an ugly process!!!

Like Empty Pockets said, "Time to resume the hunt... !!

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
It looks like both are desperate....

Owner is in at $1.6M in 2005; listed last Oct....offers accepted Dec., March....

Renter is at best floating him half, ~$3000/mo.?...I cant imagine he gave him more than 6mo lease?

As Landlord, when a lease is up, arent you allowed to not renew lease? I though you call Sherrif and report trespass...?

I can see how a homeowner is hard to evict...but a rental tenant?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
"Owner is in at $1.6M in 2005..."

...and here I thought $830K was out of the question!!!

I don't care WHERE that house is located, 2,200 sq ft sitting on 1/4 acre would be a 'no go' for me at $830K even w/o all the complications...

('Guess I'd be living in a pup tent in NYC then, huh.)

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Did u see the history!:

2000: $495K
2002: $825K
2005: $1.6M

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
No, I didn't...but it reflects the general 'LOOOOOOONACY' of the housing mkt everywhere in this country during those years.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
He could have dumped it for $2M in 2006...even early 2007.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
He could have dumped it for $2M in 2006...even early 2007.

Yep!

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
If you Google 2010 Via Solona, San Clemente, and go to the street view, you'll see how close you'd be to your neighbors! :willy

'Course, you're presently living in SoHo...so mebbe that wouldn't be any big deal.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
If you Google 2010 Via Solona, San Clemente, and go to the street view, you'll see how close you'd be to your neighbors! :willy

'Course, you're presently living in SoHo...so mebbe that wouldn't be any big deal.

Pretty typical of CA suburbs. SF is much worst, most houses have 0" between them!

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_05 Jul. 23 23.19.jpg
    ScreenHunter_05 Jul. 23 23.19.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
You can pass the soap to each other while showering.

6s219

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 30, 2010
Covina, CA
It looks like both are desperate....

Owner is in at $1.6M in 2005; listed last Oct....offers accepted Dec., March....

Renter is at best floating him half, ~$3000/mo.?...I cant imagine he gave him more than 6mo lease?

As Landlord, when a lease is up, arent you allowed to not renew lease? I though you call Sherrif and report trespass...?

I can see how a homeowner is hard to evict...but a rental tenant?

It is much easier to evict the Homeowner than it is to evict a tenant. I would assume that what ever the tenant is paying as "rent" is going straight into the "owners" pocket. He's loosing the house regardless. In a short sale the owner of the property has to approve the buyers offer but ultimately it is the bank(s) that has the final say.