Laguna Niguel home....opinions?

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
http://www.realtor.com/realestatean...aguna-Niguel_CA_92677_M21951-57210?source=web

Thoughts?

Value: $775K?
Design
Pool cost/yr $?

I am partial to one level contemporary style....

yes, 3 bay garage

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
'Seems a bit 'spendy' to me for 2,200 sq. ft. ...I don't care if it IS in Cali and it does have a pool.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Remember this is California. Someone thought it was OK - it's under contract (status = back up offer)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Looks like a larger Eichler house with the beams and courtyard. Somewhat similar to my seating/dining.

545097_3414591764813_761975135_n.jpg

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
DBK,

Post more photos!

Love the Neutra....steel/glass house Mid-century Modern design school

My Parents house is similar; front has no windows / car port / pebble roof / japanese garden

Back is sliding glass walls.

In Cali...i just wish i could sort by date built 1960s! That stucco maintenanc may bankrupt me!

Last edited:

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Kayvan,

If you use this link http://www.trulia.com/CA/Laguna_Niguel/ on the lower left column is a search for year built. It should narrow it down for you.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Thanks Shelby!

Will post longer discussion on my situation; long story short...heading to Cali

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Nice quiet neighborhood. One of the oldest sections of Laguna Niguel. Very safe.

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Also try Redfin.com
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Laguna-Niguel/30532-Paseo-Del-Valle-92677/home/4941144

-this website allows you to do searches in a number of fashion (year buily, rooms, garage space, etc.) I also like that at the bottom it shows the sale history. This house was $1.5 million 7 years ago (near top of market.)

-location is good, sometimes tough to get to freeway but you'll get use to it.

- pool costs- $100 month for pool cleaning guy or Gal :); and then the electricity can be $100-200 month depending on system type.

http://www.realtor.com/realestatean...aguna-Niguel_CA_92677_M21951-57210?source=web

Thoughts?

Value: $775K?
Design
Pool cost/yr $?

I am partial to one level contemporary style....

yes, 3 bay garage

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Looks nice!

6s219

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 30, 2010
Covina, CA
I wouldn't hold my breath, it is a Short Sale. The property sold for $1.6M in 2005 and has been on the market for 267 days. Depending on how many banks are involved this property will sit awhile. If your really interested subscribe to Foreclosure Radar and track the property. Show up at the trustee sale and buy it. Just make sure you are purchasing the 1st TD! I have purchased several (23) properties at trust deed sales and have done verywell on them!!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I wouldn't hold my breath, it is a Short Sale. The property sold for $1.6M in 2005 and has been on the market for 267 days. Depending on how many banks are involved this property will sit awhile. If your really interested subscribe to Foreclosure Radar and track the property. Show up at the trustee sale and buy it. Just make sure you are purchasing the 1st TD! I have purchased several (23) properties at trust deed sales and have done verywell on them!!

Is there not a redemption period? Not too long ago in Colorado it was common to not pay taxes and invest the money instead. The "loan" from the county was at something ridiculously low number and people were making more money than that. Someone would buy the tax cert, and then be disappointed when the owner would show up a day before the expiration and pay it off. The guy that bought the cert got 2% for his money while the owner returned 10% (yielded 8). Some friends bought the cert on a local notorious a*****e but he paid it.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
I may be only guy looking for a 3 bay garage &
more blondes....

NYC has neither !

6s219

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 30, 2010
Covina, CA
Is there not a redemption period? Not too long ago in Colorado it was common to not pay taxes and invest the money instead. The "loan" from the county was at something ridiculously low number and people were making more money than that. Someone would buy the tax cert, and then be disappointed when the owner would show up a day before the expiration and pay it off. The guy that bought the cert got 2% for his money while the owner returned 10% (yielded 8). Some friends bought the cert on a local notorious a*****e but he paid it.

I think you may be referring to a Tax Lien Sale. These sales are conducted by a governmental agency in the county for which the property taxes are delinquent, and you are correct regarding the redemption period. The investor must wait until he or she can see a return on their investment including penalties, late fees and interest. Once the time period has expired (every state and county is different) the investor who owns the tax liens then can initiate foreclosure.

At a Trust Deed sale, the deed to the property is being offered for sale. Once the investor purchases the deed to the property they can do what they wish. (NOTE: I am referring to California). Generally it is the bank that initiates the foreclosure process (there are several steps, but I’m giving you the “Cliff Notes” version). The bank is foreclosing on the Note due to lack of payment however in most cases (all cases I am aware of…. again I am referring to California) the bank will make sure the property taxes are current on the property for which the mortgage is attached too.

As an investor purchasing at Trust Deed sales, it is wise that you have a network of people working with you. Most importantly you want to work with a title company who can provide you with title information as to how many loans are on the property and which loan is being auctioned. Unfortunately I have known people who did not do there due diligence and purchased (or so they thought) property at the Trust Deed sale only to find out that they are the proud owners of the 2nd or 3rd mortgage.

Do your homework and you can get some really good deals!!!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I think you may be referring to a Tax Lien Sale.

Yes, that is what I was thinking of. In CO if things get so far as you've described the property is usually disposed of at an auction. They are fairly rare as a short sale usually occurs first.

In Colorado at least, taxes are always collected. If they can't get them from the current owner and they default (walk away) they are moved forward to the next owner and collected then.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
The street view looks cool....

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=3053...=us&ei=ji4HUJnSJYXk0QGutvjoCA&ved=0CAgQ8gEwAA

Is 50% price drop normal for this region....its surrounded by $1.5M homes (zillow est.)...thoughts on investment potential.

Thoughts on it being "down" from street grade?

Hump in drive too high for GT lip?

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Looks like a previous owner sold the back yard to someone else for the golf course frontage. :confused

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Just seems a bit high for only ¼ acre. I would look for a place with a bit more land to insulate myself from the neighbors. Typical Southern California developments maximizing their homes on the minimum lots!

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
So me have pool parties with screaming blondes will bounce off their hedges!

I will be banned from any HOA so avoiding those & gated Stepford compounds

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Just seems a bit high for only ¼ acre. I would look for a place with a bit more land to insulate myself from the neighbors. Typical Southern California developments maximizing their homes on the minimum lots!

It depends on the location in CA. I sold my old home on a 1/8 acre for more and the house was much less of a house that Kayvan is considering.

In Palo Alto you may pay over 1.5 mil for a POS 1100 sf house that is 80 years old on less than 1/4 arce!