KW HLS Adjustable Suspension

BasillioG

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2019
Phoenix
Anyone within the forum have experience installing or using the KW HLS system for both front and back? My new driveway has a steep drop from the road and the first time I bumped the bottom and have since laid out a piece of carpet to get up/down the drive. Hoping the 24-30mm of travel will allow me to clear.

Any tradeoffs on performance?
How difficult to install?
I'd like to activate with a switch that is not installed, don't want to put any holes in dash, center console, etc. any ideas?

Any feedback is welcomed. I'll be at the Woodward events next week so anyone want to talk live or demo that works too.

Thanks as always, Brian

Ravage

GT Owner
Mar 24, 2007
ABQ
Did the install last year. Not difficult, just time consuming. Assuming you're on stock ride heigth now and you lower it, raising it might put you at the same height you started with. I had some trouble dealing with KW when they shipped a faulty button. Also the kit delivered was incomplete and getting support wasn't great since the kit in general is being phased out. Also I couldn't get the advertised remote. Said it was discontinued and the only way to actuate is with the button. If I had to do it again, I would've gotten non-HAS coils.

20220310_083902.jpg20220207_095121.jpg

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
You can get a billet tank for the pump. https://teaguecustommarine.com/billet-trim-pump-tank
There are also anti-weep fill caps available

Anderson

GT Owner
May 8, 2021
San Diego & FL
Did the install last year. Not difficult, just time consuming. Assuming you're on stock ride heigth now and you lower it, raising it might put you at the same height you started with. I had some trouble dealing with KW when they shipped a faulty button. Also the kit delivered was incomplete and getting support wasn't great since the kit in general is being phased out. Also I couldn't get the advertised remote. Said it was discontinued and the only way to actuate is with the button. If I had to do it again, I would've gotten non-HAS coils.

View attachment 68336View attachment 68337

HLS function aside, how’s the performance of these in the GT with the adjustability on rebound and compression?

Ravage

GT Owner
Mar 24, 2007
ABQ
From what I remember I started in the middle and haven't made any adjustments since. Only to the ride height. Ride quality though to me was a surprise and seemed better than stock. No performance was lost but I haven't gotten really aggressive with my driving nor has it seen any track time.
HLS function aside, how’s the performance of these in the GT with the adjustability on rebound and compression?
20211207_133029.jpg

Reactions: Anderson

white out

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 22, 2011
I run the lift pucks on my Murci. Have been happy with them. But they do take up quite a bit of room, so be prepared for that.

BasillioG

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2019
Phoenix
Thanks Ravage. I was thinking that I would use the adjustability to match current ride height and the mini bag would give me added lift to manage larger objects or exit/enter my driveway and then back to current ride height. Is this not what you experienced? My current setup is slightly modified from stock with factory assembly all around.

Thanks, Brian

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Had them dealer installed for quite a few years and no issues til now. Using the lift now and then, ride quality is good. Street driving (Germany) only, just a few laps at Le Mans, but those weren’t hard racing. By coincindence I have been told a few weeks ago that it might not be available for much longer.

Last edited:

GT101

*UK Support*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
Colchester, Essex, UK
We've fitted a few of these with good results. The only trade off I'd say compared to stock is increased damper squish noise over small bumps at low speed. Other than that ride comfort is very good - the top bushes will not last forever but replacement parts are available and the dampers can be serviced (unlike stock ones).

Red-Rocket

Oct 6, 2015
New Mexico

Not highjack, but where did you source your brake kit from??

Ravage

GT Owner
Mar 24, 2007
ABQ
Not highjack, but where did you source your brake kit from??
Part out from another forum member. Can't get to old style monoblocks new anymore from Brembo.

Reactions: Red-Rocket

Red-Rocket

Oct 6, 2015
New Mexico
Part out from another forum member. Can't get to old style monoblocks new anymore from Brembo.
I see you're in ABQ. I'm in Cruces...... I've found where the calipers are the exact same as a kit they offer for a corvette. I would just need to figure out what the knuckle to caliper adaptor brackets look like and the rotor hat offset. Would you possibly consider an exchange of a case of beer for allowing me to digitally scan the adaptors and rotors? 🙏

Ravage

GT Owner
Mar 24, 2007
ABQ
I see you're in ABQ. I'm in Cruces...... I've found where the calipers are the exact same as a kit they offer for a corvette. I would just need to figure out what the knuckle to caliper adaptor brackets look like and the rotor hat offset. Would you possibly consider an exchange of a case of beer for allowing me to digitally scan the adaptors and rotors? 🙏
Of course. Shoot me a pm. Or ig @451kby