Kr500

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Does anyone have a 2008 Shelby KR500? Very nice car. 1,000 were made according to the media - but being late to market, will they loose much value in '09?

I see a number for sale on e-Bay and the $5k,10k or 20k premium's seemed to have fizzled. I'm toying with the idea of getting one - what a fair price for one?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
My dad has one. It's a nice car and will probably do well in the secondary market long term. I drove it about 40 miles and it definitely does not roll like a regular Mustang and has a ton of power. Most of the power goes up in smoke with that gearing, but power nonetheless. Short term I think they will get their ass kicked. When people see the next GT500 it will let the air out of the tires a bit, though the KR is definitely going to be a more exclusive, historically relevant piece.

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
Total production for the GT500KR(Both years) is some where around 1,750. They are going down in price and should be bought for MSRP or less the premiums are gone because they are not selling.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
On another relevant note, KR's were late to market because of a shortage of CF time. I'm told they are now being cranked out because there is now extra autoclave space since the one used for the ZR-1 is suddenly unused. :eek

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Does anyone have a 2008 Shelby KR500? Very nice car. 1,000 were made according to the media - but being late to market, will they loose much value in '09?

I see a number for sale on e-Bay and the $5k,10k or 20k premium's seemed to have fizzled. I'm toying with the idea of getting one - what a fair price for one?

Gordo-

I just picked mine up this weekend! :banana Fun ride. Give me a call if you want to talk about it.

H

HHGT

Gordon, Bernie of BJ Motors has one I believe.