KR pricing

08GT500

Jul 21, 2007
Peoria,Arizona
I heard the msrp of the KR was announced to be $79,995. Seems a bit high to me. I saw one at the B-J auction and they are not that much different than my car other than the hood. I personally do not care for the wheels. Some dealers have been preselling for $135k give or take. Profit margin should be pretty good on them.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yeah, well Ford learned their lesson with the FGT and regular GT500. How many units of the GT500 went over MSRP? Way more than 1000. Shame to let the dealers tack on 10k extra for every unit and get nothing but a bad rep for it.

I don't doubt all 1000 will be gone at 80k. Wheels looks bad downsized to 18 from 20, but the tires (which are not the same as the GT500 tires and lend significantly to the improved performance) are for an 18" wheel.

Apr 24, 2006
I am trying to find one for purchase. Should any one know a dealer that has an allocation for sale, please let me know. Thanks.

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
I am trying to find one for purchase. Should any one know a dealer that has an allocation for sale, please let me know. Thanks.

There are several dealers trolling on the Team Shelby Forum site (go to the KR sub forum). One gent has two of them $179K each!

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
There are several dealers trolling on the Team Shelby Forum site (go to the KR sub forum). One gent has two of them $179K each!

:eek:eek

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Do these dealers really know they will get one?

We were told (my dealership) that Lottery will be held in early March. Now top 100 stores will recieve alot more chances. But I am skeptical of almost any store who says for sure they have allocation.

08GT500

Jul 21, 2007
Peoria,Arizona
I can only offer my point of view. I assume that most here who own FGT's would have a hard time paying pretty much the same money for a KR? From my point of view, if I could afford a car that expensive I would buy a FGT long before I would ever think about paying so much for a Mustang. I have been a Mustang owner since the age of 14 and don't think there is a more devoted blue oval supporter than me and I could not imagine paying the ransom for a KR. That being said, I hope all that purchase one feel that they got their money's worth and enjoy it.

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
I suspect many of the folks considering the purchase of a KR consider it a blue chip investment - with that said, dealer are positioning themselves to get a piece of the pie. There was a time when FORD GTs were commanding 400K to 500K - there will only be 1000 KRs made.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
I can only offer my point of view. I assume that most here who own FGT's would have a hard time paying pretty much the same money for a KR? From my point of view, if I could afford a car that expensive I would buy a FGT long before I would ever think about paying so much for a Mustang. I have been a Mustang owner since the age of 14 and don't think there is a more devoted blue oval supporter than me and I could not imagine paying the ransom for a KR. That being said, I hope all that purchase one feel that they got their money's worth and enjoy it.

I couldn't agree with you more on every point including your last sentence. Though there will only be 1k KRs produced, this will be 1k out of 1xx,xxx Mustang run in 2008 alone.

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
I suspect many of the folks considering the purchase of a KR consider it a blue chip investment - with that said, dealer are positioning themselves to get a piece of the pie. There was a time when FORD GTs were commanding 400K to 500K - there will only be 1000 KRs made.

I'm probably one of a few members here that has as many Shelby's/mustangs in my collection. I have always been a Shelby/Mustang collector, starting with my purchase of a 1968 KR in Feb 1969. Having said this, I think that the KR coming into the FGT realm ($), would make me purchase another FGT, which I think will surpass ($)any Shelby/mustang in the future. List is another matter, but list is never going to happen.

Good luck to the buyers.

Gino

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
In addition to the differences between the cars and their underlying development and design, I think the current economy has to play a significant role this time around. I think the Ford GT was released at a fairly optimum time.

But again, it'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I thought the msrp was more like 54000, at least thats what I was told at the houston auto show by a ford rep. not that it matters if it sells more than 80000 investment or not will be a waist of money. I also am an avid mustang lover. when I saw it at the show I fell in love immedietely. but there comes a point doller wise when the price out weighs the value. Do you guys really think this thing is worth anything close to a 100000, being so similar to a car that is already im production. I dont know if its limited production run will effect its price, surely some but 179000. wow.:eek with that said I would love to own one.:biggrin

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
How much more is a KR worth than a 700 HP Shelby SS ? I guess it depends on the buyer, but it appears that Ford and Shelby and Saleen and Rousch and others have a "hot" horse in the limited edition Mustangs and will ride them until they can run no more...when there's one on every block and dealers are overwhelmed with them. It's one of the few markets the imports can't compete with :thumbsup, but IMO the end result will be a dillution of the potential value of a 1,000 car run for most buyers at the expense of the dealers who will receive much or all of the forseeable future appreciation from the 1st buyer. :cheers

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Gino,
I'm With You,ilove The Kr.but For That Kind Of Cash ,i'm Buying Another Fgt !! Look Forword To Seeing You In July At Limerock!! Igot Fgt Hats For Everyone !