Killer Chiller...

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Found this on another forum... One way to get rid of the "heat soak"...

Torrie - is this what you were working on?

Kincaid Performance / Killer Chiller Installation for 99-04 Mustang

http://www.modularfords.com/
www.killerchiller.com
505-275-COOL (2665)

The principal modification to the A/C system from installing the KC system is the replacement of the condenser to evaporator tube, with a line that goes from the condenser to the KC unit, and a line from the KC unit to the evaporator.

...........An example of the results are shown in Figure 23. The A/C (w/ KC installed) is turned on with the car (cold). The ambient and coolant temperature (Figure 22a) is 81 F. After approximately 3-3.5 minutes of idling the coolant temperature is 50 F (Figure 22b). After about 5 minutes of idling the coolant temperature reaches 44 F (Figure 22c). The vent temperature (as measured with an IR probe) is 40 F.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I think Torrie gave up on this and sold it.

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
I bought it from Torrie, and it is in the Blue X1. The GT Guys installed it. Won't be able to test it out until the Rally, because of other mods being done to the car.

Last edited:

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
There you have it Mike !!

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
after looking at the "other posting" and the vendors claim - this is a HUGE benefit....

Take 40 degrees out of the cooling fluid intercooler temp at idle... hell I can run WIDE OPEN ALL DAY... even at 100 degrees........... but the comfort question must be addressed being do we still have AC?

Can't wait to hear results...

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
after looking at the "other posting" and the vendors claim - this is a HUGE benefit....

Take 40 degrees out of the cooling fluid intercooler temp at idle... hell I can run WIDE OPEN ALL DAY... even at 100 degrees........... but the comfort question must be addressed being do we still have AC?

Can't wait to hear results...

It's not going to translate into the end all be all modification we should all have.

Corona-Extra

Jul 17, 2007
Texas
I have the Killer Chiller unit on my 2003 SVT Cobra which I installed to help aid intake temps from the 3.4L Whipple. Its construction is top notch and the unit performs exactly as advertised. I only have one complaint about the unit regarding AC cabin temps. After a good, hard pull from 40 to 140 cabin temps tend to be uncomfortable. Of course, cabin temps rise rapidly during a pull because the Killer Chiller unit is installed into the AC system having 1st priority over the cabin AC.(per the manufactures directions) Subsequently, it can take some time to regain suitable cabin temps after such spirited driving. Under normal driving conditions, there is no problem regarding cabin temps. I’ve tried to cut down the time required to regain cabin temps by using industrial grade freon which has helped some…

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
...I only have one complaint about the unit regarding AC cabin temps. After a good, hard pull from 40 to 140 cabin temps tend to be uncomfortable...

I might have the same problem without a Killer Chiller. I have retuned my car to turn off the AC compressor at WOT. I guess I will find out at the TX mile.