Key-less entry?

bonedoc

GT Owner
Aug 15, 2006
Wichita, KS
Does the GT come with key-less entry. I saw someone say their did, but I only got 2 keys. Is it an option or something?

GT Owner
Jun 26, 2006
There should be two key fobs with the lock/unlock buttons included. Go yell at your dealer.

If you want the "door code buttons," they are also available as an accessory. They stick on with two-sided tape, anywhere on the outside of the car that you want. You can even program them with your own code. Although the accessory is not listed for a GT, the same one for like a 2003 Escape will work.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I like the idea of the door code strip... It will match the thermometer mirror and hopefully it will be of the same fit and finish as the "curb feelers".

Actually its a good idea to stick one under the car in case of lock out..... :cheers

prmoldoaks

GT Owner
Jul 31, 2006
I think they look pretty ugly and spoil the whole point of the flush door finish, I agree if you have one mount it out of sight.

Here in the UK, our car is also fitted with an engine imobilizer, this has to be fitted to get insurance.

This means we have to carry an additional imob/code card. There is a process we have to go through once the car is unlocked and ignition is activated prior to engine start.

I get on pretty well with mine now I know the system, but I have been caught at the traffic lights in the early weeks trying to go through the process to get my GT started :confused