Kelly Blue Book values Intresting

06gt1858

GT Owner
Jan 29, 2007
Lodi Ca.
Normally kelly Blue book is the last to catch on to Super car values...Today just for kicks I booked out the value on an 06 with less than 1000 miles.. Kelly won't let you book the car out as a trade in or a private party sale but only a suggested Retail...$185,705 not bad for a $165,000 sticker car!!

http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/Pri...il&Mileage=600&ModelId=92&Condition=Excellent

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
Normally kelly Blue book is the last to catch on to Super car values...Today just for kicks I booked out the value on an 06 with less than 1000 miles.. Kelly won't let you book the car out as a trade in or a private party sale but only a suggested Retail...$185,705 not bad for a $165,000 sticker car!!

http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/Pri...il&Mileage=600&ModelId=92&Condition=Excellent

And my 05' with 1400 miles, all options is $171,000:thumbsup Cool beans!

06gt1858

GT Owner
Jan 29, 2007
Lodi Ca.
And my 05' with 1400 miles, all options is $171,000:thumbsup Cool beans!
I would think that it will not matter as to 05 or 06 when it comes down to value in the end, all are alike and as low mile cars become scarce, value will continue to increase. (looks like you have a late # in the 05 run and I think that could be better than having an early#) It's not like they are coming out with an 07 model...

I don't think I could sell my 06 all black "no stripe car" there is nothing out there that compares!!:banana :thumbsup

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
I would think that it will not matter as to 05 or 06 when it comes down to value in the end, all are alike and as low mile cars become scarce, value will continue to increase. (looks like you have a late # in the 05 run and I think that could be better than having an early#) It's not like they are coming out with an 07 model...

I don't think I could sell my 06 all black "no stripe car" there is nothing out there that compares!!:banana :thumbsup

Ain't that the truth ! :thumbsup

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
GT Pricing

Just un-wrapped my Black Book CPI. aka Cars of Particular Interest.

2005 GT's were priced at: #4 Fair - $130,500
#3 Good- $145,000
#2 Excel- $166,750

2006 GT's were priced at: #4 Fair - $137,250
#3 Good- $152,500
#2 Excel- $173,375

According to CPI their figures are from "market data" i.e. sales of used vehicles and "other" reliable sources. I have found their pricing to reasonably accurate. It is fairly obvious that there are also #1 cars in the GT realm that would be priced higher than the excellent #2 category.

What ever they are worth is a moot point with me. As I never intend to sell mine.

Get'm outa the garage and drive 'em!!!!!!!!!!

gtjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 28, 2006

Not too many ... althought there is an 05 all black "no stripe car" in SW WI ... and the best thing is that it's in my garage! Oh yeah!!! Good choice!! And I agree with you, I don't think I could sell mine either!! Damn it feels good that the investment is going up ... even though it wasn't bought as an investment, more of an emotional purchase. :banana :thumbsup

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
In my profession, we define fair market value as what a willing seller would pay a willing buyer for a particular item. What does that mean, then, when none of us are willing sellers? (That's a rhetorical question):thumbsup

06gt1858

GT Owner
Jan 29, 2007
Lodi Ca.
Not too many ... althought there is an 05 all black "no stripe car" in SW WI ... and the best thing is that it's in my garage! Oh yeah!!! Good choice!! And I agree with you, I don't think I could sell mine either!! Damn it feels good that the investment is going up ... even though it wasn't bought as an investment, more of an emotional purchase. :banana :thumbsup
Wow you have my twin in an o5 . how many miles do you have on it? and does it have black calipers? mine looks so stealthy in all black....... post a pic...:thumbsup

06gt1858

GT Owner
Jan 29, 2007
Lodi Ca.
Just un-wrapped my Black Book CPI. aka Cars of Particular Interest.

2005 GT's were priced at: #4 Fair - $130,500
#3 Good- $145,000
#2 Excel- $166,750

2006 GT's were priced at: #4 Fair - $137,250
#3 Good- $152,500
#2 Excel- $173,375

According to CPI their figures are from "market data" i.e. sales of used vehicles and "other" reliable sources. I have found their pricing to reasonably accurate. It is fairly obvious that there are also #1 cars in the GT realm that would be priced higher than the excellent #2 category.

What ever they are worth is a moot point with me. As I never intend to sell mine.

Get'm outa the garage and drive 'em!!!!!!!!!!
I have a all black no stripe , mac, wheels and black calipers 500 miles and is perfect would that be a #1 car? If so whats does the book say about a #1 car?

thanks

Steve

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
#! would be a concours detailed car with the wrapers still on the wheel, and the stickers on the window.

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Thats funny I have a 05 all black no side stripe. Stripe delte. I have mac red brakes and standard wheels one of three. But I haave 5600miles and still putting as many as I can!! Oh and 652rwhp! Gotta love these GTs!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
#1 Pricing

I have a all black no stripe , mac, wheels and black calipers 500 miles and is perfect would that be a #1 car? If so whats does the book say about a #1 car?

thanks

Steve

Steve - the Black Book does not publish values on #1 vehicles.
I quote their reasonsfor not pricing #1's:

" There are vehicles, usually due to an interesting history, or special circumstances, which will sell for more than CPI's "Excellent" #2 figure, but these are extremely rare and would require extensive documentation".

As Bony said, such a car would be brand new, museum or concourse ready.

As the CPI started out as a wholesale, dealer oriented, price guide for loan valuations or trade in valuation publication, they do not want to add to the speculation end of the car business.

Other than for insurance purposes, or bragging rights, the current pricing is a moot point if you don't sell your GT.

Hope this helps --

Jeff

Last edited:

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
I, along with many others on this forum, have been suggesting from the start that the GT would not follow the traditional exotic car pricing curve. I hate to be an "I told you so" but in this case I'll make an exception. :biggrin

These cars are simply too unique to put in the same category as Vipers, Gallardos, 911 Turbos, Continental GTs, etc. Obviously I'm biased, but the GT (even with over 4,000 made) is a once-in-a-lifetime car. And like other OIALTCs there will never be enough of them.

Remember that, just like with Hemi 'Cudas, original Cobras, 427 'Vettes, etc. there are FAR MORE than 4,000 people who have fallen in love with this vehicle, but many/most of them couldn't afford one...yet. And like those other cars, they ain't building any more GTs.

So as those people age and/or increase their personal wealth they will only want a GT even more and find they have the means to buy one...except that as that number of people increases so will demand for the car, and thus the car's market value will rise, too. For many it will become a race -- "Can my ability to buy a GT overtake the GT's appreciation rate?"

How do I know this? I've been playing the same game with winged warriors (Superbirds and Daytonas) for 25 years. And so far the winged warriors' appreciation rate is still winning. Of course, I almost bought one in 2001 for $40,000 (right after 9/11) but the seller and I were still $700 apart on price. Now that car would cost me $140,000-$160,000, and at that price I'd rather have a GT (which is why I do).

If you are out there dickering over a couple thousand dollars with a dealer or private individual on a GT you're foolish. BUY IT NOW! In case the latest pricing trends haven't made it clear to any potential buyers, these cars aren't getting less popular.

And just to be crystal clear, 2005 #1456 (blue, white stripes, wheels, red calipers and NO MAC) is NOT FOR SALE.

Last edited:

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
This is a very insightful thread ..... and as with most of you, I have no intention of selling either.