Jury Duty!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yay! I hope I get a Detroit drug murder and the accused's family tries to intimidate me from the gallery! :party

Not really. But I'm sure I will. Gotta be there at 7:30 a.m. :bored

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Maybe the case will be for a general contractor who never finished the work.......

and I'm sure you would give the death penalty

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I may hand out that sentence when I get over there tomorrow. :slap

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
DBK - let us know if you consider this "a jury of your peers"? Mine was a bunch from the local "Mission..."

Gordo

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
A guy who worked for me was selected for Jury Service recently. He turned up to court every day in a pin stripe suit and tie which, when combined with a cut-glass English accent, ensured he was never selected.

I think the various defendents wanted people from a similar background, which given he's not a crack-whore, meant he was eventually dismissed.

I always imagine juries to be full of nice people in tweed jackets pondering how on earth Mrs Miggins was murdered in the tea rooms, was it Brabinger, her butler - or the post mistress? Instead they're full of people of a rather different persuasion!

Good luck!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Neil, I always show up in a blue pin stripe suit, white shirt, Rotary pin... and always wind up serving... well it is a pretty good system... not perfect, but pretty good.

Wound up being in a jury pool for a fool that killed his wife, wrapped her in a carpet and stored her for three weeks in a closet in his home. He was in my office working on a computer several months before. Heard about the case on the radio, when he reported her missing while driving in front of his store with my wife.
She said at that time, I don't trust him, he did it, and I agreed. The court interviewed the jury pool one at a time. I waiting three days for my turn, to tell the judge I had three reasons to be excused, 1. I know the defendant, 2. I concluded his is guilty, and 3. I know you as we just had lunch last month. I was sent back down to the jury room and assigned a drunk driving case. Never imagined they would accept a beer wholesaler, but they did. Go figure :bored

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
That's a bit scary to have been around a murderer - yuk.

Your story reminds me of when I passed my driving test years ago (first time pass). I was as nervous as hell - took the test and then sat at the wheel answering some road sign questions (which is how the test used to be). At the end of it, hoping to be told I'd passed, the examiner said 'do you know me?' 'pardon?' says me - 'do you know me?'. I said I didn't after an awkward moment or two - 'that's OK then, you've passed'. Turned out I worked with his wife, had met him and he would have had to have failed me if I'd said yes. Weird- you'd think he would have just had another examiner take my test at the outset....