Mar 1, 2007

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
wow, I almost went to OshKosh this week to the show. Last weekend, the small airport in Sterling/Rock Falls sponsored the biggest collection of flying DC3's on their way to OshKosh. Harrison Ford and John Travolta were here but didn't need autopsies, so I didn't see them. Glad Roush is OK.

Aug 25, 2006
Glad that he is in the big picture, alright

Shadowman

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Jack is an 'industrial strength' kind of guy. Yep, made in the USA - Go Jack! :thumbsup

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/us/2010/07/28/vo.wi.oshkosh.airshow.crash.cnn

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Glad he is ok!! I think this is his second near fatal crash in like 5-7 years. Sounds like he stalled the plane on final approach. Could I suggest he take some refresher lessons? Number one rule of flying: Keep the airplane in the air.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Jack seems like a good guy. Only met him a couple of times in the garage . None of my guys drove for him. Don't want to jump to conclusions but he sure seems to be tempting fate. The last time he ended up in a lake and by a miracle there was someone very capable nearby to fish him out. This time the plane broke in 2 for reasons that may have nothing to do with the plane.

May be time for the "cat in the hat" to start catching rides. There are plenty of planes at Concord airport and lots of guys/teams to catch rides with. Hope he is OK.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I had (wrongly) assumed a light aircraft, one with a propeller, but a jet?! I just don't ever think those things fall out of the sky that easily. Poor old Jack (and passenger), hope he makes a speedy recovery.

H

HHGT

Jack has 9 lives... Prayers for a quick recovery...

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
The "CAT IN THE HAT" has more than 9 lives. Hope he gets well soon and then pilots from the second chair on the right. That's a safer seat. Tomy PS He's got the money for a first class pilot!.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
The "CAT IN THE HAT" has more than 9 lives. Hope he gets well soon and then pilots from the second chair on the right. That's a safer seat. Tomy PS He's got the money for a first class pilot!.

he has enough money to hire most of United's pilots.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
My understanding is he botched a go around in this crash, total pilot error. This is his second crash in the last few years. Perhaps it is time to hang up the pilot wings.

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
I was there and saw it happen... came in super hot and banked hard left with the gear up like he was part of the airshow... leveled out lined up with the taxi way instead of the runway and panicked pulled the power back and dropped gear and suddenly hit full power again... the premier takes a bit to spool with the fanjets and he basically crashed from there... didn't realize till later who it was though...

glad he and his assistant are ok!!

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I was there and saw it happen... came in super hot and banked hard left with the gear up like he was part of the airshow... leveled out lined up with the taxi way instead of the runway and panicked pulled the power back and dropped gear and suddenly hit full power again... the premier takes a bit to spool with the fanjets and he basically crashed from there... didn't realize till later who it was though...

That must have been frightening to watch.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Roush is 68 and was just transferred to Mayo Clinic for his facial injuries. Sounds like he kissed the instrument panel.