It's here! My new ACR!

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
My wife and I caught a flight to NE to pick up the car. We drove it down to TX for a family visit, and then all the way back to So Cal. It now has 2400 miles on it, and it drove great every single mile. I will also able to squeeze out 25 MPG out of the V10, thanks to the tall 6th gear. 90MPH @ 1700 RPM is a wonderful thing.

The wing, front splitter, and dive planes are all Carbon fiber. :biggrin

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 410
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 420
  • wing.jpg
    wing.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 416

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
And how's your back?

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
And how's your back?

Surprisingly well. My back is about 95% right now, but I gained a few pounds due to the injury, so now I got to work it off. The car was very comfortable, but I did have a seat lowering kit installed before I picked it up, so that helped a lot.

Now, my hip on the other hand is another story. :lol

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
ROCMAN - i know you sold your Ford GT like a year ago. but i must say imo this new car that you have here is just as unique as a Ford GT. if i was you i would never sell it. while there has been way less Ford GT's made then vipers. this particular viper that you have aquired here is very exclusive. if you feel the need to get another car in the future keep this one and just add another ride to your collection. a car like this will bring more $$$ at Barrett-Jackson 30+ years from now if it is sold by the original owner as opposed to going on the block with multiple previous owners. within 2 years or less vipers will no longer be made and the resale prices for used vipers will bottom out. over time just like the 60's muscle cars and sports cars that car will slowly appreciate in value for the first 20 years and then after that it will experience a tremendous growth spurt in value until which time it hits it highest possible resale value when it is 40 years old. you may be dead and gone by then but whoever in your family you will this car too will give you all the credit in the world for your wise decision. whoever buys that car in the future will never be able to fully make that car there own. you spirit will be forever a part of that car in such a way that the new owner will always talk about your devotion to that car. you and the car will become a legacy. thats they way me and my viper are gonna go out when the time comes for me to leave this earth. when i die whoever gets my viper will not be able to escape my spirit that resides in my viper. and that is a good thing. in the same way that Carrol Shelbys spirit lives in his cars, so can anybody elses. all it takes is a love and passion for your ride that stands the test of time. as the original owner of a viper imagine the frenzy over a car like that if you put it on the auction block 40 years from now. Carrol Shelby is living proof of how a car can transcend itself by the type of owner that owned and operated that machine. imo the price for which a car is bought and sold pales in comparison to the individual who has left his mark on it. the real value in a car is leaving your own unique personal stamp on the car thru devotion and time in which to honor the car for all of its worthiness :thumbsup

btw, i have a blown disk in my back too (L-4/L-5)

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
The car looks great! Very aggressive stance from the front. Most drivers will pull over when they see you coming up in the rear view mirror.

Pockets is having a heart attack, a new car with 2400 miles, before it ever gets parked in the home garage.

BJ Motor

*Supporting Vendor*
Jan 15, 2007
Manakin Sabot, Virginia
Nice, so much better with the single race stripe. I have sold two fo the three black one and am waiting for my Violet and Orange. I will post photos when they arrive. She's Purty.

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
I haven't driven the 08 model yet but I have an ACR due in any day from Woodhouse, how fast is it?

tiger 6

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 5, 2006
virginia
Congratulations, Rocman. That's one good looking automobile. Any plans for some track work?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Pockets is having a heart attack, a new car with 2400 miles, before it ever gets parked in the home garage.

How did you know?:eek
(Pockets, even for YOU that's a dumb question...:frown)

ROC, that thing is just NASTY lookin'! (A 'head on' shot like that is my own personal favorite 'Viper angle'.)

Just "FYI", the latest Car & Driver has your car IN IT (color & all!) in a 'shoot out' with 3 other makes! An' yer car wunnit! :biggrin

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Thanks guys.

There is way more power than the 06. Stock, the car is louder than the previous Gen 3's. The torque is instant. You got to love 600 NA HP.

I am going to keep it stock until I establish a baseline on the track. I want to see what this can do right from the factory. I will however get it lowered and track aligned. I did not have the dealer do that since I did not want to hit anything on the way back and wanted clearance for all the hick town gas station driveways. :biggrin When I do mod it, it will get Headers and exhaust. Not sure what else, because this car is damn near perfect. :banana

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I want one !

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I want one !

Here he goes again.....

Roc, if you sell this one due to eyesight, tennis elbow or other ailments - call me first please :thumbsup :cheers

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Congratulations, Rock. Enjoy that wonderful car :cheers

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Sweet car!!! I really like the New ACR. :thumbsup

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
congrats! it a beauty. love the black and red stripe, best color combo and the black wheels....... well it goes with out saying, bad a--.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Thanks guys!

I want to do the red pinstripe on the wheels. Does anyone have a source for that in SoCal?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Congrats, what a machine...
Now, I want one, if you can get the folks on the ALLEY to behave.

Ripper 02

Permanent Vacation
Aug 16, 2006
Texas
Congrats, what a machine...
Now, I want one, if you can get the folks on the ALLEY to behave.

Congrats on the Car Mark !!!

Looks Menacing !!!

Alley and Behave really don't belong in the same sentence Bony :lol
that place will never change as long as the same folks frequent it.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I heard hits and membership at the Alley are way off, I just turn to Mrs. Bony whenever I need to get my ass kicked and threat of having little Winston chopped off... don't need them. AND.... because the fellowship of like minded car guys seems unatainable, I will continue to admire great Vipers like Rocks.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Wow, that looks just sinister with the black and single red stripe!! Makes me want to buy a Viper again. Love the short 2,400 mile break in drive to California as well. :cheers