It's Finally Here!!!!!!!!!

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
The big orange trailer made it to my dealer last night. :banana
I got a call about an hour before it arrived and I was parked across the street when it came around the corner. I am sure I was a few feet off of the ground with excitement as I watched the driver pull it out of the trailer and drive it straight into the showroom.

It arrived just before 8:00pm and by the time I went over every inch it was well after 10:00. I removed the two decals to allow me to open it up completely. I peeled these off in one piece and placed them on a wax paper so I can keep them.

I went back today to finish the paperwork and go over the PDI report. Hood needed to be adjusted and the air dam had a nick in it that the driver pointed out the night before. New part was already ordered as it left Wixom that way.

Weather has been crappy here the last few days so I scheduled Thursday afternoon to pick it up. Couple more days and I join the ranks of driver. :thumbsup

Although not a news flash this car is truely a piece of art and I am honoured to join the few who get to indulge in it's presence.

Here is a link to some pics http://photoshare.shaw.ca/view.php?VEID=8682_hnbkQl1159935376TBQzOu&mesg=1

:cheers
Trent

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
congrats & welcome you are a disaplined man to wait till thurs to get it :wink
If you can post a pic of the stickers you saved.
todd

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Trent,

I have the exact same car and the same excitement in picking it up this last April. Gorgeous car, take care of it!

EJ :banana

Aug 25, 2006
Congradulations !!! She is a beauty.

Takes care

Shadowman

BlackStorm

Sep 7, 2006
Houston, TX
Congradulations! :cheers

Bill Oxley

GT Owner
Jun 15, 2006
Denver area
Beautiful car, of course I'm partial to Tungston.

We've had beautiful weather here in Colorado, so I drive mine every day.

Hope your weather clears as I'm sure you can hardly wait to drive that beauty.

Enjoy!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
welcome :wink

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
New Car

Congrats! Absolutely beautiful.

The wait til Thusday will be hard.

Then you''ll have the GT Perm-a-Grin for everyone to see.

Drive it in good health.

shor

GT Owner
Apr 30, 2006
nj
congrats!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Congradulations, Now your CAR LIFE will come FULL CIRCLE :banana With your new FORD GT. Tomy Hamon

Hammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 10, 2006
San Diego, CA
What a beauty! You're gonna just love the driving experience :thumbsup

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Lovely! Drive with care!

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
Absolutely a beauty. I did not know how pretty the tungsten was until I saw one in the flesh last weekend at Galpin Ford in L.A. There were no less than 10 GT's in their show room. They had all the colors on hand. Congrats to you. I also got mine this week. TI :cheers

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Congratulations Trent and Enjoy!!! :cheers

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Welcome to the family. Enjoy your baby. She is a beaute!!!!!! I believe camillo stated that it is his favorite color because it shows the lines the best..

SkyMan

GT Owner
Nov 18, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
Verrrrrrry nice...nice colour choice :wink

After being told my GT was going to be in during the week of September 7, I am STILL waiting for mine. My dealer called me today to (apparently with a Ford Rep next to him) tell me that all 100 cars were still at the factory awaiting testing. After seeing these pics I am even more infuriated! I have lost a month's worth of interest on my money that I took out September 2nd. I am honestly thinking of dropping out of the deal and getting something else. My dealer has been telling me stories for a month!

Sorry for the small hijack, needed to vent because I'm jealous!

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Wow Skyman I feel for you. As you can see by the pics the dealer is feeding you a load of :bs , maybe he has spent too much time in the used car dept. You are a lot closer to MI than I am and you should have been driving your car weeks ago. My dealer told me in late Aug that my car was scheduled for delivery Oct 2 - and that is when it arrived. When I talked to the driver he said he left Wixom with a full load with 5 for Alberta and 1 for BC.

On another note I picked mine up today and it took 5 hours to get me out of it. Simply put I have two words for this car Sa Weet. From the thumbs up to the crowd at the gas station this car commands attention from anyone with even the smallest interest in cars. As PL510*Jeff stated - I now have the GT permagrin and proud of it. :thumbsup

I am amazed at how tame this car is to drive but when you need it it roars to life. The clutch is light and the shifting is as smooth as butter. I can see myself driving this alot more than I thought.

Todd - I haven't got pics of the decals I peeled off (kept all of them including the bar code) but they are the ones that span the right front fender to hood and the clamshell to pass. door.

SkyMan

GT Owner
Nov 18, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
Not 4N said:
Wow Skyman I feel for you. As you can see by the pics the dealer is feeding you a load of :bs , maybe he has spent too much time in the used car dept. You are a lot closer to MI than I am and you should have been driving your car weeks ago. My dealer told me in late Aug that my car was scheduled for delivery Oct 2 - and that is when it arrived. When I talked to the driver he said he left Wixom with a full load with 5 for Alberta and 1 for BC.

After calling them and telling them that I've heard they've been shipped he decided to tell me that yes, cars were beginning to be shipped. I did some investigating after looking at your photos and figured I'd call reliable shipping and see what the story was. I gave them the last 4 digits of my VIN, and the car hasn't even entered their system yet! :frown In other words it isn't ready to be put on a truck.

I did however learn that my car is one of two without stripes in Canada. But hey, that could be BS too! :ack

Needless to say after reading your reply, some of the excitement is beginning to spark back!

Red Rocket

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2006
Pacific North West
Hey there Not 4N! Welcome to the club. Just FYI, after a few weeks of agonizing over whether I should change things on the car or leave it 100% factory, I decided to remove that damn rear bumper extension that Multimatic had to put on the car to get it approved in Kanada. It looks much better and the car is much lighter.

Before removal I was getting 10 miles to the gallon. Now I'm up to 10.4! So I'd recommend you rip that thing off also, and put it in storage.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
isaakgt said:
There were no less than 10 GT's in their show room. They had all the colors on hand. :cheers

they also still have a heritage !? Priced ok.ish ...!? phone pls..

Stefan