ISO: Bumper delete upper grille

Ravage

GT Owner
Mar 24, 2007
ABQ
Looking for the upper full length grille (only) for a bumper delete car. Not looking for the one piece that replaces both upper and lower.
Anyone have or know where I can source one?

20220901_122257.jpg

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
As FYI, when CDC first began selling their kits (around 2006 timeframe), they were buying the OEM panels and then they carefully welded in perforated pieces where the notches for the frame horns were. From the outside, you could never tell but a close look on the inside and you could see the tiny tig welding marks. They did this for years - and only installers would ever have known. I mention this, because as a last resort you may consider doing this surgery to a stock (notched) panel and making your own bd panel.

Reactions: Ed Sims

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Looking for the upper full length grille (only) for a bumper delete car. Not looking for the one piece that replaces both upper and lower.
Anyone have or know where I can source one?

View attachment 66740
So you are looking for the fiberglass filler piece that gets painted? I tried pm’ing you but you can not accept pm’s

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
So you are looking for the fiberglass filler piece that gets painted? I tried pm’ing you but you can not accept pm’s

I think he's looking for the black perforated metal piece where the OEM version has the two notches for the frame horns to pass through and the BD version is the same but without these notches.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I think he's looking for the black perforated metal piece where the OEM version has the two notches for the frame horns to pass through and the BD version is the same but without these notches.
Says upper grill tho in post. So confused at what he's asking for. Cause you have the option of the GT guy one piece one or the fiberglass filler piece with the cdc kit.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Says upper grill tho in post.
Oh yeah... I think you are right!

Ravage

GT Owner
Mar 24, 2007
ABQ
As FYI, when CDC first began selling their kits (around 2006 timeframe), they were buying the OEM panels and then they carefully welded in perforated pieces where the notches for the frame horns were. From the outside, you could never tell but a close look on the inside and you could see the tiny tig welding marks. They did this for years - and only installers would ever have known. I mention this, because as a last resort you may consider doing this surgery to a stock (notched) panel and making your own bd panel.
Thank you for this. Great information. ✌️
Says upper grill tho in post. So confused at what he's asking for. Cause you have the option of the GT guy one piece one or the fiberglass filler piece with the cdc kit.
To clarify, not the paintable part but the perforated upper portion as pictured without the slots for the horns. Not sure what's up with the PMs, I'll need to contact admin. Did you have anything like this laying around? Brakes you sent me are awesome btw...

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Thank you for this. Great information. ✌️

To clarify, not the paintable part but the perforated upper portion as pictured without the slots for the horns. Not sure what's up with the PMs, I'll need to contact admin. Did you have anything like this laying around? Brakes you sent me are awesome btw...
The perforated part with the notches is the lower piece not the top piece in your picture. Shoot me a text also or give me a shout.

dreimer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2018
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
The prior owner (Xcentric) did the bumper delete on mine. The car has long tube headers, cat delete, and Ford Racing Exhaust. It is a 1-piece black mesh grill.

I love it. You get to see the "stuff" behind it. In his extensive records it mentions he already had the CDC kit, but then note about when GT Guy installed it added a comment to install the GTG screen instead. Took this picture when I came back from driving it today.

Ford GT screen.jpg

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
^^^^ As God intended it

Reactions: Ed Sims and dreimer

Red-Rocket

Oct 6, 2015
New Mexico
Anyone have updates on dumper delete options?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Have you reached out to the GT Guy, Rich Brooks?

Red-Rocket

Oct 6, 2015
New Mexico
Have you reached out to the GT Guy, Rich Brooks?
Tried emailing and calling. No response so far.

Reactions: Specracer

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Rich doesn't have any, I recently spoke to him about them. In a couple months I'll be making some for mine. If they're decent, I'll make a few sets. Does the grill actually need to be there anyways? It's there to keep people, and dry grass, from touching hot parts and deter critters from climbing in.

Attachments

• GT Gulf.jpg
    GT Gulf.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: Red-Rocket

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Porsche said screw it, leave it all off.

Attachments

• Porsche 917.jpg
    Porsche 917.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: white out

Red-Rocket

Oct 6, 2015
New Mexico
Rich doesn't have any, I recently spoke to him about them. In a couple months I'll be making some for mine. If they're decent, I'll make a few sets. Does the grill actually need to be there anyways? It's there to keep people, and dry grass, from touching hot parts and deter critters from climbing in.
Put me down for +1.

Reactions: GT@50

white out

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 22, 2011
Anyone have updates on dumper delete options?
Rich is working on something. Should be released fairly soon.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Rich has his fabricator make the “high exhaust” bumper delete grille on an as needed basis. I have that on my car.

IMG_4445.jpeg

I previously had the CDC kit. Exhaust exits low and a small panel had to be painted/striped to match rest of car. In below pic, it’s the panel with the bumper sticker partially covering it. OP may be looking for that piece?

IMG_0945.jpeg

Reactions: GSix

white out

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 22, 2011
Rich has his fabricator make the “high exhaust” bumper delete grille on an as needed basis. I have that on my car.
He has a new design option coming out.

Reactions: Red-Rocket

Red-Rocket

Oct 6, 2015
New Mexico
He has a new design option coming out.
Does this new option utilize the high exhaust or low exhaust outlet option?

Reactions: steved57