Is your garage nicer than your dining room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woboose

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 2, 2006
Malibu, CA
For those that are interested, I recently had my garage updated. What I had was an old freestanding two car garage with slab floor, stud walls, hanging freyed wires and and a rat (or two).

I did a bit of research (given my anal nature) and ended up hiring a local company from Pasadena called Garage Envy.

Next thing I know, a trailer with a huge billboard of the perfect garage painted on the side gets unhooked in my driveway. Several large men in matching coveralls begin hauling 10 years of ridiculous crap out of my garage while I stand there in my robe, drinking my morning coffee, and pointing....
"keep", "toss", "ummm ok keep it", "my wifes still sleeping so toss that quickly". You get the idea.

Anyway, what I ended up with a few days later is nothing short of a miracle. For about the same price as tax and registration of my GT I now have:

A shop floor (Tungsten of course)
Slat wallboard which allows you to hang anything anywhere! (picture a footlocker shoe store).
Stainless cabinets (nicer than my wifes viking kitchen)
Butcher block work bench counter tops and task lighting.
Vaulted ceilings with recessed lighting and dimmers.

These guys were great. I hear they did over 600 garages out of just one store last year. Rumor is they're gonna' franchise. The Starbucks of garages?

Website with photos is below for those who are interested.

http://garageenvy.com/

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
Cool stuff. How about a pic of yours done?

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Sounds great Bruce....I'm gonna have to come up and check that out. :thumbsup

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Sounds great Bruce. Looking forward to pictures!

I think I will start rationalizing purchases by comparing them to CA sales and registration fees on the GT also! Good idea. :thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
For those that are interested, I recently had my garage updated.

Rumor is they're gonna' franchise. The Starbucks of garages?

Website with photos is below for those who are interested.

Some "womens" ain't real fair about this sorta stuff.
My wife just caught me looking at the link you provided (not that these guys would/could do "squat" for ME up here in Washington) and she proclaimed I don't need a garage remodel!!!!!
This from the woman responsible for a SIX MONTH (literally. 'Not kiddin'), 300 million dollar remodel of our kitchen ... and who's new "Bimmer" ( correct term, right "Chris"!!!??) will be picked up this Saturday!
What happened to a man's house (garage in this case) being HIS castle????? WHEN did THAT all go down the toilet? :frown

E.P.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
My wife is cool about it. She knows that the only room I care about is the garage. She does whatever she wants with the rest of the house, and lets me have the garage.

I'm lucky. Nothing too fancy, but I like it. There is a side space with work bench, tool chests, lighting, and wire shelving (not pictured). I bought one of those small LCD screens from Costco and mounted it to the wall. I had the homebuilder run cable/wire to the garage and also ceiling speakers, when they built the house.

IMG_4360.jpg

IMG_1813.jpg

I did give her a few cabinets in the garage, but most of the house junk is stored somewhere in the house, which is great. I have to kind of sneak some of it back into the house from the garage, from time to time, but generally she lets me have the garage.

Last edited:

Woboose

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 2, 2006
Malibu, CA
who wears the pants?

me neither..

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
SYCO GT said:
My wife is cool about it. She knows that the only room I care about is the garage. She does whatever she wants with the rest of the house, and lets me have the garage.

I'm lucky. Nothing too fancy, but I like it. There is a side space with work bench, tool chests, lighting, and wire shelving (not pictured). I bought one of those small LCD screens from Costco and mounted it to the wall. I had the homebuilder run cable/wire to the garage and also ceiling speakers, when they built the house.

IMG_4360.jpg

IMG_1813.jpg

I did give her a few cabinets in the garage, but most of the house junk is stored somewhere in the house, which is great. I have to kind of sneak some of it back into the house from the garage, from time to time, but generally she lets me have the garage.

Good looking garage, nice and clean.
Came to an understanding with Mrs. Bony, she doesn't sell her jewelry, and I don't sell my cars...

Bart Carter

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2006
Las Vegas
I find the nicer you make your wife's closet, the more she tends to let you do your thing in the garage. :wink

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Bart Carter said:
I find the nicer you make your wife's closet, the more she tends to let you do your thing in the garage. :wink

Corollary: The more shoes she has the more cars you can have. :biggrin

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
Florida Chris that's beautiful!

ATM empty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Southern California
My parking spot [/IMG]

Attachments

• 4th is good.jpg
    4th is good.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 169

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
That's cool (and clever) ATM!

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
ATM empty said:
My parking spot [/IMG]
That Awesome! :thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
ROCMAN said:
That Awesome! :thumbsup

what happened to the avatar?? I resemble your current one :biggrin

agree, awesome mural or picture!!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Someone on the Viper website posted some pictures of his garage. It was incredible, Has a built in turntable..

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
STORMCAT said:
Someone on the Viper website posted some pictures of his garage. It was incredible, Has a built in turntable..

Yes...Viper guys know how to "do a garage".

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Wow, are those all Vipers? I've never seen one.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
bony said:
what happened to the avatar?? I resemble your current one :biggrin
:frown My wife made me change it! :lol

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
lamboman said:
Yes...Viper guys know how to "do a garage".

Summa you guys obviously gots too much muny!!!!!!! :rofl :rofl :rofl

E.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.