Is this guy wacko or what?

magwheel

GT Owner
Mar 26, 2006
Ohio
Quote from some guy on Rennlist.com: "I have been considering the purchase of a Ford GT but every friend who has bought one that I know is very unhappy with the car. Ford has confirmed the press cars had chips and pulleys which is why they had the amazing performance. My friend has owned a 2006 for three weeks now and has had a ton of problems. So many in fact Ford is sending a tech to his house to pick the car up and bring it to the dealer for all the repairs. He is a writer for a car mag so he is getting the VIP treatment. He can't even drive his GT now because there is a huge oil leak in the seals for the supercharger. This goes along with the coolant leak and the fuel leak etc. The local Ford dealer crushed the belly pan when they jacked it up on the wrong spot. All the lugnuts were loose when delivered one of the seats was loose because one of the retainers was stripped at the factory and they then just drilled a new one into the aluminum. I could go on but you get the idea. Anyway that is one big reason the cars are not holding their value."

My response to him was: "Les.... R U KIDDIN? The only way I feel that they could be unhappy with the power is if they were the pilots of the 'Blue Angels' and had just stepped out of the cockpit! You sure those four GTs had their tires on? Seriously, I can't believe someone is complaining about power. My GT has all the power I need and then some and I'm sure mine isn't the only one that's OK. Even though Jeremy Clarson had some troubles with his personal car, he still bragged about it in the video on, I think, Top Gear. He was even laughing (with excitement) at how much power it had. If you friends have Enzos or Zonda Fs, then I fully understand their comments on being 'slightly' underpowered. Michael"

Maybe some brand prejudice here? :bs

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I don't know where this press car :bs keeps coming from. Not "all" the press cars had chips and pulleys, and that's clearly evident when you read the differences in times.

And call me crazy, but I've read virtually every post on this site, and out of now 200+ owners, only 1 can I ever recall being truly dissatisfied with the car (and even that was rectified beyond his expectation). Holding their value? Give me a break. If you mean not every car is selling above MSRP now, I guess that's true(even though some still are).

Then again, that's why I started the site. Too much bad information about this car on the net.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Sounds to me like this guy pulled together every little foible that has been covered here and lumped them into one "phantom" car. Owner must not be a member of this forum cause I'm sure we'ed hear about it, so it's suspect in my eyes.

Pipelion

He may work for a competitive car manufacturer. He may just like slamming cars he can't afFORD . We do know from Mag's posts he is an idiot.

Allan

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
ditto DBK and the rest...call me..other then the wired quirk about the 'check gage' light..my car is perfect...fast, well built, all the seams are perfect etc., etc....I am a very happy and content GT owner..sorry dude.

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
magwheel said:
Quote from some guy on Rennlist.com: "I have been considering the purchase of a Ford GT but every friend who has bought one that I know is very unhappy with the car. Ford has confirmed the press cars had chips and pulleys which is why they had the amazing performance. My friend has owned a 2006 for three weeks now and has had a ton of problems. So many in fact Ford is sending a tech to his house to pick the car up and bring it to the dealer for all the repairs. He is a writer for a car mag so he is getting the VIP treatment. He can't even drive his GT now because there is a huge oil leak in the seals for the supercharger. This goes along with the coolant leak and the fuel leak etc. The local Ford dealer crushed the belly pan when they jacked it up on the wrong spot. All the lugnuts were loose when delivered one of the seats was loose because one of the retainers was stripped at the factory and they then just drilled a new one into the aluminum. I could go on but you get the idea. Anyway that is one big reason the cars are not holding their value."

My response to him was: "Les.... R U KIDDIN? The only way I feel that they could be unhappy with the power is if they were the pilots of the 'Blue Angels' and had just stepped out of the cockpit! You sure those four GTs had their tires on? Seriously, I can't believe someone is complaining about power. My GT has all the power I need and then some and I'm sure mine isn't the only one that's OK. Even though Jeremy Clarson had some troubles with his personal car, he still bragged about it in the video on, I think, Top Gear. He was even laughing (with excitement) at how much power it had. If you friends have Enzos or Zonda Fs, then I fully understand their comments on being 'slightly' underpowered. Michael"

Maybe some brand prejudice here? :bs
Please post the link to this guys Bad Mouthing Post on Rennlist.

magwheel

GT Owner
Mar 26, 2006
Ohio
The guy bad mouthing the Ford GT

This is the link to Rennlist.com and the guy who says the GT is not so great. You may have to search a little to find it. It's on page 4 of the topic 'Carrera GT's into secondary market?' All I ask is that you be civil in your countering his remarks. I belong to this forum and I don't want to start any forum wars like I see on different other forums. Just start a debate and have a friendly argument. He may just be ill informed or maybe he is a trouble maker but there's no use lowering yourself to his standards. A quote I saw on another forum says it all: "Never argue with idiots - first they drag you down to their level, then they beat you with experience." :lol :lol :lol

the link: http://forums.rennlist.com/

Last edited:

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
magwheel said:
"Never argue with idiots - first they drag you down to their level, then they beat you with experience."

Thanks for that quote. Never heard it before, but it is GREAT :thumbsup

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
The European press car has been driven by every journalist out there and has been totally abused - with every one of them trying to break it (that's what journos do over here). It's got over 25,000 on the clock and still going strong.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
afFord it or F+++ off

LEMANSZ said:
ditto DBK and the rest...call me..other then the wired quirk about the 'check gage' light..my car is perfect...fast, well built, all the seams are perfect etc., etc....I am a very happy and content GT owner..sorry dude.
Equal here,
my GT was built to order, overpaid, and beautifully never let me down. I am happy ! It ain't slow vs an Enzo at all, If had enough driving of both to tell...
And the Enzo, what you pay... is not worth the difference you get, trust me. (A fidel Ferrari owner, that is.!)

sincerely yours,

stefan :biggrin

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Neilda said:
The European press car has been driven by every journalist out there and has been totally abused - with every one of them trying to break it (that's what journos do over here). It's got over 25,000 on the clock and still going strong.
Neil.

Quattroroute put in on the wall in Monza, at the Ascari curve.. It went back to Wixom in a container... Thereafter, NO MORE European testing, I was told...

great car, very abused, a real GLADIATOR !

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
SLF360 said:
Neil.

Quattroroute put in on the wall in Monza, at the Ascari curve.. It went back to Wixom in a container... Thereafter, NO MORE European testing, I was told...

great car, very abused, a real GLADIATOR !

I recently sold my last Porsche 930, I found many of the owners to be 'special' and would not be open to any discussion of comparisons whatsoever with about marques. Porsche builds great cars, they just don't stir be at this time. The finish of a Porsche and final production line check out is among the best of any car. I see no reason to post on a forum when I don't even own a horse in the race.

Magwheel, your personalized plates are great!! :wink