Is this anti heat-soak product applicable to a Ford GT?

bitzman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 7, 2005
Cant' find where "heat soak" was discussed on the forum so putting it here.
I typed in the phrase "heat soak" and "Ford" can found this product. It says it fits a Navigator and the Ford GT engine is Navigator based (though alloy block) but I don't know if there's room for it. Anyway maybe somebody can investigate if heat soak is barring the engine from more performance. I found the product description on the site www.foximas.com

"GMS Performance Mass Airflow Sensors

PERFORMANCE MASS AIRFLOW SENSOR 10 to 15 horsepower increase at rear wheels! 50-state legal Innovative sensor features a state-of-the-art active-electronic module that provides improved control of both ignition and injector timing, contributing to the big horsepower gain at the rear wheels. 47% more airflow capacity than stock sensors. Sensor is housed in a high-impact injection-molded body to reduce heat "soak", a problem common to stock metal sensor. Installation of this sensor will not affect mileage or drivability under normal conditions. Easy to install in minutes. Instructions included. Applications:1999-2003 Ford F-Series Pickup F150; F250 w/4.6L; 5.4L (exc. Supercharged),1999-2003 Ford Expedition with 4.6L; 5.4L (exc. Supercharged),1999-2003 Ford F-Series Pickup F150; F250 w/4.6L; 5.4L (exc. Supercharged),1999-2003 Ford Expedition with 4.6L; 5.4L (exc. Supercharged)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
heat soak

Curious.... It say everywhere (exc. supercharged), and if you turn your head in the GT, what exactly do you see....? :frown

wonkawonka

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Lebanon
centerpunch said:
You guys kill me with the "heat soak" stuff.

:lol

No shit! If you have a :mad "heat soak" :mad problem, that's the least of your concerns. It means you're racing the car, so you'd better really make it a racing car before worrying about the mythical "heat soak".
Please, let's make it a rule in this forum: you can only mention "heat soak" if you've gutted the car first, including getting rid of the subwoofer to start with!
:biggrin

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Gutting GT

OK. I just finished gutting my car and removed the subwoofer. What do I do next? :willy

wonkawonka

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Lebanon
WhiteBlueGT said:
OK. I just finished gutting my car and removed the subwoofer. What do I do next? :willy

Take picts, I'm not convinced :biggrin :cheers
Then you can open up that can of worms again :ack

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Ye with little faith...

Interior_GT_gutted.jpg

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
green-blue
take that sub woofer to the Cherry Auction and see what it brings :lol

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
why everone whips on the subwoofer

Boys (or are there any GT girls out there !?),

why are you sooo against the big sub... It's unique ! And how could i cruise around MiamiBeach oceanfront without it !???

Unthinkable ! In USA to drive a car that does 205+mph is a joke as such, so please let me have the bump umpf umpf from the sub in 35mph zones, please !

we're not on the track everyday, here, are we !? if so , take the passenger seat out and bring it also to the cherry auction !! :banana

wonkawonka

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Lebanon
Hey WhiteBlue, while you're at it, can you check in the back of the McIntosh unit if there's any kind of Line In input?
I'd much appreciate that, thanks.

Anyway, now that you've gutted it, you can talk about heat soak :biggrin. I take back my comments. :ack

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
OK OK... I'm sure you know that was not my car but a shot of a GT on the build line in the factory. Just having a little fun.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
BONY... We should try and get together as soon as I shake this cold/flu bug. There are at least 6 or 7 GT's in Fresno now. Maybe we can start up the 1st GT club in the US here in Central California?

wonkawonka

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Lebanon
WhiteBlueGT said:
OK OK... I'm sure you know that was not my car but a shot of a GT on the build line in the factory. Just having a little fun.

Got me there. I was wondering though why the car was in pieces. :biggrin
Then I thought that there was bound to be some crazy guy willing to do this as soon as he got his car. So I thought I found him :willy

Ok I guess I have to go to a car audio shop to pull the unit out and check the back.

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
WhiteBlueGT said:

lol...you had my respect when I first saw the pic :lol

wonkawonka said:
Then I thought that there was bound to be some crazy guy willing to do this as soon as he got his car. So I thought I found him

I know more than 1 person with a GT who may be doing it shortly...the race for idiocy :willy

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
50 BMG... So does this mean you don't respect me any more?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Jerry,
Great idea, lets do it. I drove down to Monterey-Carmel-Big Sur Saturday afternoon and came this evening, lot of fun. Would enjoy being in a group.
Congrats on your new coupe, quite a stable you have there :biggrin
Cheers,
daniel

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
WhiteBlueGT said:
50 BMG... So does this mean you don't respect me any more?

Everyone gets my respect as a benefit of the doubt.

I was impressed when you said you did that to your car.

To answer your question:
A harmless joke has never ruined respect IMO.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
50 BMG said:
Everyone gets my respect as a benefit of the doubt.

I was impressed when you said you did that to your car.

To answer your question:
A harmless joke has never ruined respect IMO.
I was well impressed with the joke...

:lol

Keep it up!!