Is There Anyone Out There with an Unmodified FGT?

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
I originally thought "keep it stock" but then saw all the neat mods available which I thought would actually enhance the car. As long as you have all your stock parts you are good to go. Enjoy the car the way you like it.

I did the bumper delete, Ford racing exhaust, Heffner tune, trans cooler, T&A lowering kit and would not go back. The performance and appearance are absolutely enhanced and so is the enjoyment. No way no how would I go back.

I obvioiusly kept the bumper and all original parts. The car can be put back to stock in a weekend!

I believe Shelby indicated in another thread moded cars can actually bring more then stock.

Enjoy.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I originally thought "keep it stock" but then saw all the neat mods available which I thought would actually enhance the car. As long as you have all your stock parts you are good to go. Enjoy the car the way you like it.

I did the bumper delete, Ford racing exhaust, Heffner tune, trans cooler, T&A lowering kit and would not go back. The performance and appearance are absolutely enhanced and so is the enjoyment. No way no how would I go back.

I obvioiusly kept the bumper and all original parts. The car can be put back to stock in a weekend!

I believe Shelby indicated in another thread moded cars can actually bring more then stock.

Enjoy.

All of the modded cars we have sold to date have brought more than the bone stock cars we sell. 90% of our buyers plan to mod their GT anyway. many of them have us do it before they even take delivery of the car. These are just the FACTS that we have experienced.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Another stocker, with Ford Racing transaxle cooler and Ford Racing (Borla) muffler installed by dealer as pre-delivery.

IMO, owners comments on the axle bolts being "stock" or "Accufab" is a moot point. The bolts are an identified and now known deficiency in the axle design. Accufab came out with a fix first, Ford now has an equally reliable fix as well. The bolts must be replaced either way and either upgrade fixes the problem. Owners believing holding on to the original (as shipped) bolts (version AA) to keep authenticity of their car are misguided. The bolts should be swapped out on every car with either of the replacement options available to us owners. Bolt replacement is not an authenticity issue but mandatory, IMO.

Sorry, but in my opinion, if you got an Ford racing exhaust which is a borla exhaust, I dont think you fall in the BONE STOCK category! :biggrin

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Mine was stock as a stove. 'Even had the origional air in the origional tires.

But, IF I get another blue/white (and it WOULD be another blue/white...in fact I know where there IS one with 25 miles on it) I be thinkin' Shadowman will need to be approached (with hat in hand) about installin' a set of those dangnable butterfly hinges!!! The darn things have just grown on me...

Hell, I bet EMPTY's even had the original GAS in the gas tank! :rofl

Last edited:

Midengine-man

GT Owner
Apr 1, 2007
Another 100% Stock. Don't plan on selling or modifying. I may change the exhaust eventually, but only to preserve the original. Mods are OK as long as you keep all the original parts with the car, IMO. No drilling or cutting either, I was trained on Vettes. I haven't broken the 200 barrier yet so I don't see the point of mods. I think the optional wheels look fantastic!!. :cheers:thumbsup

06 #1118 - Midnight Blue - 4 Option

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Ok I'll post on the modified GT thread :biggrin

What are you talking about? I thought your car was bone stock.....?? :wink

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
My car was stock for 5 minutes does that count :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Pantera1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 12, 2008
Iowa
Add me to the list of the woeful few who haven't done anything. Haven't changed bolts yet,and still have original oil. ( Actually planning to schedule that work in the next few weeks. )

I did " install " some non-Ford " Ford " floor mats from Walmart. Does that count?

I am afraid a lot of you guys are in whole different league from us " stockers".

I also have a totally stock '72 Pantera - try finding one of those that hasn't been modified, and an un-restored stock '68 Shelby GT500. Both of these cars are available for the right price. Might give me some dough to do some modifcations!
My '72 Pantera used to be bone stock. But you must know how it overheats without replacing the radiator (usually upgrading the fans too). Anyway, once I was coming back from the Pantera Event in Vegas when I met the Colorado Crazies. Modified Panteras several of which were good from 170 mph to over 200 mph. Needless to say when I saw what the Pantera was capable of ...so long stock!! Mine now looks like an '85 GT5 with roll cage, Simpson Harnesses, etc. Say Hello to 180+ mph!!!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Hell, I bet EMPTY's even had the original GAS in the gas tank! :rofl

Uuuuuuuuuh ... well ... no. 'Did 'took me' about two months to use up the origional tank though. :sleep:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Uuuuuuuuuh ... well ... no. 'Did 'took me' about two months to use up the origional tank though. :sleep:

You should be shot and thrown to the wolves! :frown

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
You should be shot and thrown to the wolves! :frown

More than a few have thought 'zactly the same of YOU fer sellin' yur 1st twin turbo, n'est pas?! :lol

DUROC

GT Owner
Aug 6, 2006
Westchester, NY
My 2005 is unmodified but I may take a chainsaw to that subwoofer someday.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
My 2005 is unmodified but I may take a chainsaw to that subwoofer someday.

When you do, call me i'll use it as a paperweight

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Looks like there are quite a few of us in the "FGT Original Nation". At least we can keep the orignality alive for a while until the Mod Monster finally overcomes us
evilgrin0030.gif

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
My car was stock for 5 minutes does that count :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Yeah, baby! :cheers

My FGT got the treatment before I laid eyes on it. Couldn't be more pleased and looking forward to the next round of mods in August! :banana

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Yeah, baby! :cheers

My FGT got the treatment before I laid eyes on it. Couldn't be more pleased and looking forward to the next round of mods in August! :banana

:thumbsup

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Originally Posted by tmcphail
My car was stock for 5 minutes does that count

It counted for the 1st five minutes! :thumbsup

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Originally Posted by tmcphail
My car was stock for 5 minutes does that count

It counted for the 1st five minutes! :thumbsup

Indeed !

Dino

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2006
Queens, NY
I have 51 miles on my piece and it is scheduled for shifter, muffler, and trans cooler this summer. All Ford racing parts.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
I am stock..... would love to lower it for a better stance but for now... all OG!!!
I did paint the tires a while back so that EAGLE F1 SUPERCAR was in white... is that a mod??