Is there any demand for a used OEM muffler?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I hate to throw away perfectly good parts, OTOH I have no storage space. What have you guys with aftermarket exhaust systems done with the original?

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Hang it in your garage. Now you've got a shelf for your drinks, and a coat rack (albeit with a large diameter 'hook') for 2 jackets. Plus you're keeping the stock part if your kids ever need it for a future sale post inheritance.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
p1081062380.jpg

And, I have another kayak that goes in here. I'm blocking thoughts of earthquakes. :ack

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Well, that's not gonna work then. Wait til EP sees that picture, he's gonna go ballistic on you!!! :pop

:biggrin

On a serious note, I don't think that there is much of a market for the used can. Probs if it's cheap enough, someone will want it, but I hope they're local to you as it can't be cheap to ship it.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Oh, BTW, I love the garage. It looks like mine. :facepalm: I'd love a garage like some of the guys have, dedicated only to the cars, but alas, I need space for the storage of 'stuff' as well. :biggrin

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
That picture makes me cringe!!!!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Get rid of the Miata to make more room. :lol

:frown Kidding

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Two other vehicles parked outside. Oh...I got that '91in '91...I doubt it's going any time soon! Lol.

Last edited:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
That picture makes me cringe!!!!

Amazing what seems normal after a while

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
I am willing to relieve you of the GT! Lol.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Isn't there a rule about a GT owner having more bicycles hanging from various parts of the garage than cars on the ground?

P.S. Our GTs are really wide now that I see that pic.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Isn't there a rule about a GT owner having more bicycles hanging from various parts of the garage than cars on the ground?

haha! And...way lower than a Miata. :biggrin

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
I'll take the muffler

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Is your rental storage area also full? I know the feeling. I dedicate ¼th of my storage area to the GT, ¼ to the Sanger Hydro, and the rest to junk that I don't want to look at. I should take an inventory of the crap in there.

:thumbsup

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California

i resemble that remark. i had a heavy tandem bike fall and clip a mustang. i was shocked when it happened, but always make sure no bikes are close to the GT.

david b

GT Owner
Jun 10, 2010
cleveland ohio
I sold mine to another forum member. Got decent money but somehow in the future I know I am going to regret selling it. I just didnt have the room.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Is your rental storage area also full? I know the feeling. I dedicate ¼th of my storage area to the GT, ¼ to the Sanger Hydro, and the rest to junk that I don't want to look at. I should take an inventory of the crap in there.

Hope to never see this "storage space" on the reality shows....... or if it does maybe Ralphie can set the new price high bar for spare parts:lol

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
I can attest that Ralphie has more tools in his garage than one can imagine plus the GT

jrz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 27, 2008

Sanger hydro - nice. Pics?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Probably should not throw it away. Ford list price = $2,179.98 :eek

I could build a parts storage shed for less...if I had a place for a shed.