Is the GT's Magic Dying?

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Well, it seems like the romance with the GT is starting to die down.
Several members here are getting rid of, or have already gotten rid of their beloved GT's for something else.
I know the GT is just a car, but to get tired of it so fast, and with very little actual driving, I just don't understand. I hope this is not going to be a new trend around here.
I know I am a fine one to talk since I get in and out of cars all the time, but I can not even think about getting rid of my GT. I sometimes forget what a car the GT is, then I drive it and I am blown away again.
I am looking for another car like a 430 or 360CS, but I will also keep my GT. I guess you guys will have to deal with me for some time to come! :banana

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
:lol

People sell cars. It happens. And Big Carrot doesn't count. It's a miracle he's had it this long...

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Like Jay Leno says id rather have 400 cars and just one woman, there are easier to take care of. :biggrin gtjoey 1314 :thumbsup

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Not me, I want to find a wrecked one and bring it back to life, to have as a second. Would like to do the "one lap" in it.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Ditto on that Spec. If I had the money I'd buy a second now...

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
DBK said:
Ditto on that Spec. If I had the money I'd buy a second now...

Problem is I do not either, hence the quest for a wreck, be a fun project.

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
I think that for us tried and true Ford guys the GT will never fade. SAAC (Shelby American Automobile Club) and this forum will keep this thing going just like the Shelby Cobra & Mustang has for 40+ years. I like so many others out there have been in this thing a long time and don't have any intention of slowing down. Ford stuff kicks ass! :biggrin

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Can you even get to know a car by driving 1,000 - 2,000 miles and then quickly selling it within a year or less?

I'm still getting to know mine, and enjoying every mile of it.

Just because you own a car, doesn't make you an enthusiast.

Perhaps some people expect a new sports car to be a life changing event - but you know what - we're all still the same person inside, for better or for worse. If it makes you happy, change your car as often as you change your clothes...

Of course, there are financial and other practical considerations that can lead to a sale, even for enthusiasts.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I think the magic is there and will remain strong. I think those folks selling have either not personally connected with the car, or there are other family, business reasons.

The GT is a pure personal high performance tourer, no luggage space, hard to take into public places, expensive to maintain. I can see that some folks over extended themselves to buy it, and no are pulling the plug.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Personally, I'm finished with cars now. Bored of them.

As long as I have the GT, two or three Astons, a Bentley and a couple of run arounds I'm happy. :biggrin

When I've bought other sports cars the needle didn't really flicker. Yup, it's a Lambo and it turns heads... that sort of thing. But the GT was always wanted and I was so pleased that it performs as good as it looks.

I'm not selling mine. It's just great opening those garage doors!

gtracer

GT Owner
Oct 13, 2006
Homer Glen, IL.
I can asuure you that my GT is not going away. if I do get tired of driving it, I'll simply make room in my office and use it as a lovely piece of sculpture.

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
cant wait for tomorrow morning when I get to drive her again

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Once these cars are in the hands of true enthusiasts (particularly confirmed Ford nuts) and out of the hands of speculators and those who simply buy whatever is the latest/greatest toy, I believe the resale rate will decrease dramatically. Once diehard Blue Oval fans get ahold of the GTs, it will be tough to pry their fingers off them.

fordcapri

GT Owner
Sep 21, 2006
You guys might be getting out of the Ford GTs, but I am waiting to get in one. If any of you know Kenny Goodmans email address, please let me know, or if any of you are getting out of one and want to sell at a realistic price for a quick sale, email me at KevinMcCully@AOL.com. Thanks.

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Sinovac said:
Once these cars are in the hands of true enthusiasts (particularly confirmed Ford nuts) and out of the hands of speculators and those who simply buy whatever is the latest/greatest toy, I believe the resale rate will decrease dramatically.
Did you mean to say "increase dramatically"?

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
ACRJoe said:
Did you mean to say "increase dramatically"?
he didn't refer to resale value but resale rate...

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
isaakgt said:
I think that for us tried and true Ford guys the GT will never fade.

It's really not JUST "Ford guys", Tony! I "was" a bowtie boy all my life ... until the GT came along ( and Maxie Price Chevrolet in Loganville ,Ga. screwed me outta my '06 ZO6 ... and not even GM's Chairman/CEO Wagoner would assist in correcting the situation ... but, that's a whole 'nuthur story). The minute I heard Ford was going to build the GT I intended to get one. Hard as it was to do so , I waited until the NUTZO pricing frenzy died down before I bought one, but I got one! God willing, now that I have it, it'll be mine as long as I'm breathin'. I have no intention of selling it.

However ... come to think of it, I did say the same thing about my 6 cyl Honda CBX (motorcycle),too, and I sold THAT! But, that really was because of having rec'd major skeletal trauma (in a two story fall) and not wanting to be tempted to ride the bike & maybe being "hit" & risk getting screwed up again. I guess that's where the, 'God willing', part comes in!!!!! :lol

E.P.

jj1987

Jun 9, 2006
One way to look at it that you're constantly getting new owners on the boards! After all, these cars do have to be sold to SOMEONE :biggrin

rveach

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Stockdale, Ohio
isaakgt said:
I think that for us tried and true Ford guys the GT will never fade. Ford stuff kicks ass! :biggrin

The best things in life begin with F Fords and Females

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
I'm begining to look seriously into the CGT again...