Is the Aim solo2 DL compatible with the NFGT ECU?

FrankTheTank

GT Owner
Jul 27, 2016
Austin, Texas
Does anybody know if the Aim solo2 DL is compatible with the NFGT ECU?

Thanks, Frank

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
What is it?

Ed

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
What is it?

Ed
It's a data logger that can plug into your obd II port and give you a wealth of information as your drive. Normally people use them for lap times, but It can log so much more including engine data, throttle, brake and a host of other information. It can be overlayed on track maps and video so you can really learn what you are doing right and wrong and also know what is happening with your car as you put it though the paces. Of course, there is so much data it can collect it is only as good as the person that can interpret it.

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
I’d assume yes, for compatibility, since it’s obd2. You can run it without obd data and just use the gps for lap times. Just make sure you turn the “auto off” feature off. I learned the hard way without obd or canbus data, it will turn itself off after 10 min on track unless you change the factory default.

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Just made a practice mounting in the NFGT with mine. Since there is some concern about mounts on the windshield i found a place on the center console passenger side that woks. I have several different length RAM mounting arms and ball connectors that allow the AIM DL2 solo unit to be mounted so that I could touch the buttons when belted in.

I don't see an ECU Ecoboost OBDII protocal program listed on AIM's website that you could use to access the full OBDII data stream generated by our cars. What info you would get would be very basic consiting of speed and time. They don't have one either for the 2005-06 GT's or I've not found it yet.

You might be able to tie directly into the CAN bus, but that would require tapping/cutting into the wiring harness which I'm not willing to do.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Magic,
Could the suction cup type RAM mounts be used on the dash to mount a radar?

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Magic,
Could the suction cup type RAM mounts be used on the dash to mount a radar?
I've done a 150 mile drive with the RAM mount suction cup and holder for my phone mounted to the left of the steering wheel on the flat carbon fiber part of the dash. Didn't have any issues so don't see why attaching a radar unit would cause a problem.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I have found that the lap time alone is the "carrot" hanging in front of my face to PUSH harder (sometimes too hard, chill, its an expensive street car). Have full aim data in race racecars, and indeed, its overwhelming. Always wish I could have Ahlman with me at the track to translate.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Why not put the ram suction mount on the sync screen?It would be easier to read as well.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I have found that the lap time alone is the "carrot" hanging in front of my face to PUSH harder (sometimes too hard, chill, its an expensive street car). Have full aim data in race racecars, and indeed, its overwhelming. Always wish I could have Ahlman with me at the track to translate.
I call him from the track and races! Whats more amazing is ,he answers!

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Why not put the ram suction mount on the sync screen?It would be easier to read as well.
I would be afraid I'd damage that since it is touch sensitive. Have you done this on other cars/screens?