Is the '05-06 GT passé ?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I'm having a very busy work week so I keep thinking about where I will drive the GT this weekend to unwind. Sometimes I'll just head one direction & see where it takes me. It's been a 10 year love affair and this weekend is Valentine's Day so I'm taking my GT out! Ok, I'm having dinner with Heidi on Sunday night but the rest of the time it's me & the GT! 70 degree sunshine & some twisty roads beckon.

Ed

DLC

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2006
Clinton, NY
All great post Ed. Our cars are timeless beauties. I have a considerable assortment of automobiles and our GT is the one car I never get tired of driving. As you so clearly stated we are a fortunate bunch.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Forget all this "feel good" dialogue. Yes, our beloved GT's are poised to plummet in value, they have in fact become passé.

To this end, I am setting up a GT relief fund for concerned owners, whereby I am able to offer GT owners a very significant sum ($100k) for your car, assuming it will pass my PPI. This offer is limited and based on current market conditions. Said value could drop precipitously if you procrastinate much longer. :wink

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Forget all this "feel good" dialogue. Yes, our beloved GT's are poised to plummet in value, they have in fact become passé.

To this end, I am setting up a GT relief fund for concerned owners, whereby I am able to offer GT owners a very significant sum ($100k) for your car, assuming it will pass my PPI. This offer is limited and based on current market conditions. Said value could drop precipitously if you procrastinate much longer. :wink

what scale are you interested in 1/64, 1/32 or 1/16?

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
very good! ;-))

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Like the market?

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Exactly! So I cannot offer as much for red cars. ;-))

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
I really like the NGT! It looks like Ford did everything right. However, it is a product for competing with other modern, contemporary super cars. I think it will compete very well. I do not believe it will look timeless in 50 years. Few, if any, cars today can boast of a design that looks as good today as it did when it was born 50 years ago. Sure a 250LM, Daytona, or an E Type look great when you see them today. But they look like a classic old sports car. The '05-'06 GT confuses the viewer with a mix of classic styling combined with modern drop dead beauty. Those that don't know about the car think it is a brand new release. Those that know about it just smile and are thankful for what Ford committed to in 2003. Nothing is like our '05 - '06 GT. I want a NGT, but I have no expectations that it will be the classic that we are lucky enough to drive today. We are a lucky few!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Yes PHXGT - we are very lucky to be the owners of GTs. Go out & enjoy them!

Ed

Bart Carter

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2006
Las Vegas
...I showed up in my no stripe blue GT...
Midnight Blue?

I heard there were only two of us.

Bart Carter

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2006
Las Vegas
I when to another Cars and Coffee Saturday. Had a great turnout.

My GT was by far the most popular car there.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I haven't read all this, so this may have been mentioned, but I am seeing much more interest and getting many more questions about my GT, with all the publicity about the new GT. The fascination with the 05-06 which for young guys, is an older car, seems to be at an all time high from what I see.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Brought it out to the monthly Exotic Car Gathering at the local Lamborgini dealer last Saturday.

The Ford GT remains a modern day Legend, just like Ed Sims!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Is it passe?

Why yes. Yes, it does still passe everything else on the road.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Yesterday was my GT's 10th Birthday. Still gets as many thumbs up's, photograph taken and big smiles where ever I travel.

Button

Jul 11, 2009
Iowa
I know I still go nuts whenever I see one in the wild. To me, 05-06 GT's just refuse to age. It's a truly timeless design just like the first gen NSX. Even with the new GT coming (and the NSX too), the 05-06 GT is still a design to be admired.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Cool photo SycoGT! Hope you had a nice b-day!

Had another beautiful 75 deg sunny NorCal drive in the green rolling hills today. No traffic, no bugs, no cops, no worries - heaven on earth!

Ed

Attachments

• IMG_2680.jpg
    IMG_2680.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_2672.jpg
    IMG_2672.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 299

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Passed ?Never! As an owner I still ago nuts when I see one in the wild!

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Nice. Still have to wait 6 long weeks till my season registration allows me to drive. Of course the bad weather now doesn't invite to drive. What's left is taking a look at images like these and simply enjoy.

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Ed, what's with all the straight roads? Near Moab , Utah.

Attachments

• 313_30377256602_3749_n.jpg
    313_30377256602_3749_n.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 185