IRL at Texas Motor Speedway 2008

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Because it NEEDS to!!!

I'd ease up on the Makers Mark before you tell all those Longhorn and Aggie jokes.

I'm with DBK, get me on the track, put me in a suite, feed me good food, make sure the nice selection of imported beers is ice cold, and keep me out of jail. IndyCar racing in Texas sounds like a blast, put me down.

Chip

Chip,

Fubar offers Forum members FREE BAIL.

This could be FUN!!

:cheers

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Sorry, I'm late hopping on this thread. Count me in (see Fred, you will have to drive farther than me and you live in Texas). I agree with Fubar - all GT's would be a good match. I hate traffic on the track!:lol :lol :lol

It's the price I must pay to live in PARADISE!!

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Chip,

Fubar offers Forum members FREE BAIL.

This could be FUN!!

:cheers

That’s free for any GT related crime... Felony Evading Arrest, Unauthorized Aircraft in a No Fly Zone, Exceeding Military Imposed Sub-Sonic Speed Restrictions.

You know the normal stuff. If you decide to go Jay Walking, you’re on your own.

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
I'm in. And I agree even if we have somewhat limited participation I would be willing to spend a lttle more for the track, all GT's.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I have received some info from the track. The suite will hold 64 people. It is $19,500 for Saturday or $20,500 for the weekend not including food and drinks. We receive 10 pit passes and some vip parking. I'll work on her for special PAVED parking. No parade laps on Race day. Chevy won't let us and they are the main sponsor of this track.

They are checking on availibility for the GTs on Sunday following the race. If we had to I could ask for Monday following the race if they don't give us Sunday.

If we can get the track for $5,000 and we get a suite and assume food and drinks for another $5,000. We would be in for a little under $500 per person if we can fill the suite. I could ask about the condos if we can't get the numbers.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I have received some info from the track. The suite will hold 64 people. It is $19,500 for Saturday or $20,500 for the weekend not including food and drinks. We receive 10 pit passes and some vip parking. I'll work on her for special PAVED parking. No parade laps on Race day. Chevy won't let us and they are the main sponsor of this track.

They are checking on availibility for the GTs on Sunday following the race. If we had to I could ask for Monday following the race if they don't give us Sunday.

If we can get the track for $5,000 and we get a suite and assume food and drinks for another $5,000. We would be in for a little under $500 per person if we can fill the suite. I could ask about the condos if we can't get the numbers.

Are you saying a suite for Fri-Sat-Sun with 64 tickets is only 20,500? If so that is dirt cheap. FYI a suite for the Indy 500 is $55,000.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I'll email her about Friday. I'm sure that is included. We will need more food and drink, but it would be worth it. My rough count has us at 25 people today. I can count almost 10 more from Texas that haven't even jumped in yet.

Here is the rep's email:

Hi Chris,
Thank you for your interest in Texas Motor Speedway. I checked with our events department and our track is not available to rent after a major racing event until 2 days after the event. So best case scenario, it would be available the Tuesday after the IRL race on Saturday. They have multiple crews and equipment on the track and the surrounding areas for cleanup and it takes a couple of days to get this executed. I'm not sure if that works into your plan, so let me know.

We would love to have you guys out here, so if you are interested in our Luxury Suites for entertaining purposes, please let me know. My contact information is listed below. I look forward to speaking with you!

Best Regards,

Lori Weed

Texas Motor Speedway

If we can hold out till Tuesday we can get on the track. Hopefully the DFW guys could get us enough fun things to do to fill the time. If Unique Performance is holding on we could tour it. Hopefully there could be some decent cruises around the metroplex.

Last edited:

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I received another email from them. They don't seem to be very Ford Friendly:

Keep in mind we do can do a ½ suite for the IRL weekend which would be 32 people each of the three days, 12 VIP Pit Passes, and 5 VIP Parking if you don’t have enough people for a full suite. The price on a ½ Suite for that weekend would be: $12,900. Let me know if this would work.

Infield parking is not available and is for sponsors, owners, etc. Due to the fact that we are a Chevrolet track, you are not going to be able to promote and/or display your Ford GT’s other than standard parking.

Let me know what you are interested in doing…..

Thanks--Lori

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Maybe I misunderstood... I thought we were talking about a track day (for our cars) for $5000 or so?

The race is optional. I am more interested in having fun on the track.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I can put together a track day during any non race weekend. If the majority wants me to blow off the race it will be done. I'm already tired of their chevy attitude on race days. I have a call into the condos. I'll ask them about accomodations and protection for the cars. If they can't accomodate us I think some guys on the indy trip stayed somewhere around Las Colinas. (about 20-25 miles from the track.)

We could also plan it for the fall or spring. This will give the northern guys a break from the cold.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I received this email from them:

Chris—

With what you want to do, a non-race weekend is probably going to be your best bet. Don’t get me wrong….I would love to lease you a suite, but we have so many restrictions and limitations due to our exclusive partnership with Chevy that I think it’s going to be tough to execute what you want to do.

We could do a 1/2 suite for a race weekend and leave our cars at home and then come out a different weekend with the cars to play. I have a call into them now for a day just for us.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'd love to do a race weekend, but if the track has restrictions on who pays to use their facility because of sponsorship agreements, a non-race weekend would be just as cool.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I'd love to do a race weekend, but if the track has restrictions on who pays to use their facility because of sponsorship agreements, a non-race weekend would be just as cool.

We might be able to do both. I have a call into the condo people. We have an advantage since the track is at about 1/2 capacity on the IRL weekend. If everyone books cheap airfare we might be able to party at the condos for race weekend and then bring the cars on the non race weekend. I'll post the condo person's answers when she calls me back.

Last edited: