Intermittent Boost and stalling at idle

Hydra GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2008
Delray Beach, FL
Had a chance to attend the wonderful Miami Mile this past weekend with some awesome GT owners. My car ran nicely, but it seemed to shut off at idle a bunch. While getting ready to start the mile runs, the car would die and then have to be started 3 or 4 times. I have read some old threads about the fuel neck issue. Maybe the culprit. I do have a brand new one as one of my spare parts.

Furthermore, on the start of one run (in car camera showed) while in first gear, there was NO boost and a quick shift to second gear brought the boost to full on. Every gear worked fine with full boost after that.

But on the next run, everything worked perfectly, until i shifted into 5th gear. Then the dreaded NO Boost happened and the car bogged down.

I ran one more time and shifted around 6K rpms and everything worked ok....Ran one last time and shifted at 6500 and NO BOOST when hitting 5th gear.

I ran the SCT tuner and found Trouble code P1000. I did disconnect the battery, but did drive the car about 200 miles. I did change the tune once i got to the track, however.

My car has a pulley and tune, K&N filters, air intake stiffener, Accufab throttle body and Heffner X-pipe.

Any help, suggestions, tests to run, etc. would be really appreciated! :thumbsup:thumbsup

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Hi Hydra GT,
I think the code 1000 you have is just saying the computer has recently been cleared and the car has not heat cycled enough times to be legal for a smog test. They put that one in there to keep people from clearing codes just before smog inspection.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
The same think happen to me during 2 runs at Hennessey's track and it also happened to another FGT owner during the Mojave Mile. For some reason the ECU is activating the supercharger's bypass valve when everything with the engine seem to be OK.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
The same think happen to me during 2 runs at Hennessey's track and it also happened to another FGT owner during the Mojave Mile. For some reason the ECU is activating the supercharger's bypass valve when everything with the engine seem to be OK.

I think it happened to Camilo on his last attempt of the day in Miami also.

Hydra GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2008
Delray Beach, FL
Is this possibly related to the "Tune"? Mass air sensor? something telling me that i need a twin turbo set up? :)

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Is this possibly related to the "Tune"? Mass air sensor? something telling me that i need a twin turbo set up? :)

Something tells me that all these mile events are going to drastically increase the number of TT GT's. :lol :cheers

Hydra GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2008
Delray Beach, FL
Any other suggestions?

freeflyer

GT Owner/ Forum Sponsor
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 12, 2007
Montana
Check that the bypass valve arm is not binding.

dealmaker

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2006
England
I seem to recall that "FUBAR" on here had some similar issues -I believe he ended up replacing either a solenid or the by-pass valve itself - I may be mistaken - but look up some of his posts?

edited to add: Look at this thread - from about page 15/16 onwards - a few issues with the bypass and the actuator - probably what is happenng with yours? :

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15866&page=17

Last edited:

Hydra GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2008
Delray Beach, FL
Thanks dealmaker! I am going to replace the actuator this week. Torrie sent me the part. Hope this helps.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Any other suggestions?

TT it.

:biggrin

Hydra GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2008
Delray Beach, FL
Hmm...Jason is only a few hours away :)

Aug 25, 2006
Hi Hydra GT,
I think the code 1000 you have is just saying the computer has recently been cleared and the car has not heat cycled enough times to be legal for a smog test. They put that one in there to keep people from clearing codes just before smog inspection.

P1000 = OBDII readiness codes have not been set.

This could be as shared or because certain OBDII functions have been turned off

Takes care

Shadowman