Interior

nemetskii

Apr 9, 2013
Florida
Looking forward to receiving our GT in the spring. I havent had a chance to sit in one yet and was curious if any one here that has could share some insight? How would the seat dimensions compare to a GT350R seat, for example? I know the cabin is going to be quite small, just looking to have something for the sake of comparison. DBK- I'm loooking at you!

Thanks!
Jesse

knightka

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 6, 2015
Los Altos, CA
+ 1. I really want to know if I'll be able to fit w a helmet on. I'm 6' tall w longer torso than legs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Looking forward to receiving our GT in the spring. I havent had a chance to sit in one yet and was curious if any one here that has could share some insight? How would the seat dimensions compare to a GT350R seat, for example? I know the cabin is going to be quite small, just looking to have something for the sake of comparison. DBK- I'm loooking at you!

Thanks!
Jesse

Congrats !! What part of Florida at you in ?

nemetskii

Apr 9, 2013
Florida
Northeast Florida. Right outside of Jax.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
I find it curious that people are spending a half a million dollars on a car than they can't touch, sit in, test drive or have an understanding of its critical specifications. (Not that I wouldn't do the same if I had the opportunity, but I'm just sayin'. )

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I find it curious that people are spending a half a million dollars on a car than they can't touch, sit in, test drive or have an understanding of its critical specifications. (Not that I wouldn't do the same if I had the opportunity, but I'm just sayin'. )

I know. Isn't it cool? Love it & excited about it!

Ed

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.

Yes, odd isn't it. I got to drive the 918 and all the others before buying, or even putting down a deposit. That coupled with the fact it'll probably be far more than that figure in the UK makes completely blind ordering less likely.

I know. Isn't it cool? Love it & excited about it!

Ed

Just how is it cool, really? Unless you think that $500k is chump change you have to wonder about what exactly you're buying don't you? If you don't I've a whole load of stuff to sell you!

And then there's 'Your Ford concierge will blah blah blah...' line. Yeah whatever, they don't seem to know anything at the moment.

Hats off to the people ordering now. I admire your bravery and/or disposable income. I, for one, want to know more before that time.

Ford did say this would be a process like no other. It's certainly that at the moment.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
When is your order window Phil?

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
When is your order window Phil?
July/Sept this year.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
July/Sept this year.

Ok, well you'll have WAY more info in the next couple weeks, and certainly all of it by the time it's time to order.

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
Ok, well you'll have WAY more info in the next couple weeks, and certainly all of it by the time it's time to order.

Yeah I hope so. There are other people over here that are even more itchy than me. One has a Jan to March window and is feeling it's all a bit, erm, sub-optimal. With currency and tax questions in the mix the difference in asking price could be massive. Some people I know are trying to work out what assets they have to sell (cars and in some cases property) so it's rude of Ford to hold back that info if they know it, I feel.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yeah I hope so. There are other people over here that are even more itchy than me. One has a Jan to March window and is feeling it's all a bit, erm, sub-optimal. With currency and tax questions in the mix the difference in asking price could be massive. Some people I know are trying to work out what assets they have to sell (cars and in some cases property) so it's rude of Ford to hold back that info if they know it, I feel.

Can't help you with currency and tax, but some of the stuff is out of their control, and now very recently completed.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Yes, odd isn't it. I got to drive the 918 and all the others before buying, or even putting down a deposit. That coupled with the fact it'll probably be far more than that figure in the UK makes completely blind ordering less likely.

Just how is it cool, really? Unless you think that $500k is chump change you have to wonder about what exactly you're buying don't you? If you don't I've a whole load of stuff to sell you!

And then there's 'Your Ford concierge will blah blah blah...' line. Yeah whatever, they don't seem to know anything at the moment.

Hats off to the people ordering now. I admire your bravery and/or disposable income. I, for one, want to know more before that time.

Ford did say this would be a process like no other. It's certainly that at the moment.

Well said way of putting in perspective what my thoughts are.

Good luck with the UK process. I'm sure it will work out for you, but probably a few hiccups along the way.

Car will be a real head turner in any part of the world, but in the UK, with the long history of the GT-40 program, and those cool license plates, it should be a real hoot.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
+ 1. I really want to know if I'll be able to fit w a helmet on. I'm 6' tall w longer torso than legs.

I'm 6'4" (more legs than torso) and was told sitting in the car won't be a problem headroom wise. I asked the concierge folks if there is a seat lowering option. I doubt I'll fit with a helmet on otherwise. Concierge gal says seat is not adjustable down, but rake can be adjusted slightly. She mentioned the bottom seat cushion may be removable, with the driver sitting on the carbon tub (maybe some thin padding placed there). Vague answer at best.
On my 05 FGT, I had my seat bottom (the part with the fake vents) modded so I can remove it. This lowers me over 2" and I wear a helmet without any problems.

FrankTheTank

GT Owner
Jul 27, 2016
Austin, Texas

Thanks!
Jesse

I sat in the liquid red one at the Detroit NAIAS. I am 6'2" with a tall torso and my head was brushing the headliner. with a helmet you might just make it.

FrankTheTank

GT Owner
Jul 27, 2016
Austin, Texas
I'm 6'4" (more legs than torso) and was told sitting in the car won't be a problem headroom wise. I asked the concierge folks if there is a seat lowering option. I doubt I'll fit with a helmet on otherwise. Concierge gal says seat is not adjustable down, but rake can be adjusted slightly. She mentioned the bottom seat cushion may be removable, with the driver sitting on the carbon tub (maybe some thin padding placed there). Vague answer at best.
On my 05 FGT, I had my seat bottom (the part with the fake vents) modded so I can remove it. This lowers me over 2" and I wear a helmet without any problems.

It doesn't recline very much at all. And I hear they are adding a pad on the rear wall to help with NVH. So it will recline even less. I hope there is a lower profile bracket to lower the seat.

Frank The Tank

stuntman

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2015

Gonna be tight. Might need to modify the lower seat cushion. Hopefully they come up with a "track lower cushion" that's very thin padding to get helmet clearance. If the racing drivers can fit with a helmet with the race seats basically being on the floor/tub of the car, I'd imagine there will be enough headroom with a thin seat cushion.

Last edited:

knightka

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 6, 2015
Los Altos, CA
Gonna be tight. Might need to modify the lower seat cushion.

Thanks. I'll do what it takes. Hopefully I don't need to look into removing a vertebrae or two.

I probably need to make some room on width in addition to height but at least the solution for that is a straightforward eat less, exercise more.

knightka

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 6, 2015
Los Altos, CA
I sat in the liquid red one at the Detroit NAIAS. I am 6'2" with a tall torso and my head was brushing the headliner. with a helmet you might just make it.

Fingers crossed!!

nemetskii

Apr 9, 2013
Florida
I'm ashamed to admit, I'm more concerned with width than I am with height. Im 6'2" with a long torso and an ex football player that kept eating like I was a current one! I'm certainly ok being tight and even borderline uncomfortable to start (it'll help motivate me to get a few pounds off) but I certainly hope I'll at least fit!