Interesting Trade In

Drew@ClassicAuto

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 10, 2008
What is going on with the Bugatti fascination in Texas!!!

Great Story!

http://jalopnik.com/5478280/man-tra...atti-veyron-for-corvette-zr1-doesnt-look-back

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Over 20,000 miles on a 2 year old Bugatti Veyron? That has to be the highest mileage Veyron on the planet!

Richard Hille
The GT School

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Regardless, having to buy/replace $40K worth of tires/wheels every 500 miles (scarcasm) would be a strong motivator to trade the thing off 'far as I'm concerned. Yes, I know anyone who can write a check for the car in the 1st place can afford the 'little stuff', but, there's a diff between being ABLE to and being WILLING to.

I'm kinda stunned that there are so many who seem "willing to". :willy

Penny Pincher (read that: 'CHEAP') Pockets

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
Got my one and only Veyron ride in that car in exchange for me giving him a ride in the GT. He got the better ride. :biggrin

He's a good down to earth guy with serious car interests.

dm

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
The mileage is a typo. car has less than 3k miles I believe.........

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Article said 2300 mile BG. Owner had a McLaren F1 before as well. Not having any experience with either, I think I'd have stuck with the F1.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
IMO, red doesn't seem to go well with the Veyron.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Regardless, having to buy/replace $40K worth of tires/wheels every 500 miles (scarcasm) would be a strong motivator to trade the thing off 'far as I'm concerned. Yes, I know anyone who can write a check for the car in the 1st place can afford the 'little stuff', but, there's a diff between being ABLE to and being WILLING to.

I'm kinda stunned that there are so many who seem "willing to". :willy

Penny Pincher (read that: 'CHEAP') Pockets

That's okay. The replacement brakes on the ZR1, rotors, calipers, pads is approximately $ 12-14,000 plus labor. just think of how he will save.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
IMO, red doesn't seem to go well with the Veyron.

I like red and I like black.....I just don't care for them together.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
That's okay. The replacement brakes on the ZR1, rotors, calipers, pads is approximately $ 12-14,000 plus labor. just think of how he will save.

Aaaaaaaaaah, but, Grasshopper, thou doest forget that said brakes are ceramic & supposedly will last the life of the car!!! :lol (But, if I remember right, if you "chip" or "screw up" a rotor somehow - IT'LL COST YA $5K TO REPLACE IT! :ack) Have you checked on that same job on a Veyron????:eek

And remember - there's no need to REPLACE THE WHEELS & TIRES on a ZR1 every other weekend either! :rofl :thumbsup :cheers

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
HAHA I saw the car before he took it in...

lot of details in the article are off...

owner is a serious car guy and said that his favorite car has always been the McLaren F1..

here is a pic the morning before he dropped it off at the dealership...

Veyron_Email1.jpg