Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
The builders are playing very loose with the word 'Continuation'.

I would venture a guess that this is a Superperformance GT40. That is why it is title as a 'Kit Car'. Superperformance shows up at Cars & Coffee with one just like it....though the Cs & C GT40 does not have the very nice Roush velocity stacks (man they great! cool ).

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
So, when using the word CONTINUATION..... it automatically adds 50-90K to the asking price?:bored C'MON.... I'm I missing something.... It's just another KIT car with ROUSH all over it.... right? oh..... and stickers:rofl

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
The car is a SUPERFORMANCE and they have a license from SAFIR to continue the production numbers of the original Ford GT. SAFIR is the firm that owns the trademark GT40, so yes, they are continuation cars. These cars are sold for legal reasons in the USA as rollers, meaning the new owner adds the powertrain. Superformance aka High Tech and Roush share a very close yet seperate relationship.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
So does that command the higher price? and is it worth it?

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
So does that command the higher price? and is it worth it?

I honestly don't know, but I can't see why it would. I'm not in the market for one, I just thought it was interesting that the price was so high. However, I do love the engine with the velocity stacks, very nice.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I think you can find the Superformance with the engine package for $100k to $125k all day long... this car is offered by a dealer. There is a reason he is not offering it as a Superfromance... Anybody that does a little homework will realize what it is and how much it is worth. It is NOT one of one, do a search of Barrett Jackson for the last few years, they always have one of Jack's GT40's,,,

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Potential buyers that want to register a "kit" car in CA, beware, you will have to be one of the lucky 1st 500 applicants on Jan 1st!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
ice speaks the truth...
or, if the engine is a presmog motor 1967 and earlier you can register it based on the year of block and that it passes the smog test for that year motor...

every state is different, it is very hard to register these cars in California, ... do you feel lucky??

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
it is very hard to register these cars in California, ... do you feel lucky??

No, Mr. Clint Eastwood sir.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
The law in California, SB1578 is for kit cars, home builts covering everything from replica Cobras, GT40's, 32 Fords etc. 500 numbers are issued on the first business day of the year by DMV. They go in a matter of hours.

To further tint the picture, there is discussion that rollers are not really kits. The importer-distributors of these rollers (Back Draft - Superformance) have established arms lenght relations with folks that slip in a often times recommended powertrain combination. How much longer they will be able to continue doing this is a subject of speculation. Be careful, very careful!