Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
canbl said:
what insurance company is everybody using? Any recommendations? Thanks

Do a search, you will find this topic has been discussed. :wink

2005gt

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Gil at Farmers, (916) 983-8808, in Folsom, CA.

I pay about $1500 per year. And I've had 2 tickets in the last 3 years. Pretty reasonable. He's the best agent I've ever had. Always returns calls pronto, solves problems quickly. Highly recommended.

Hey if you have a GT and you live in the Sac area please PM or email me if you want to go on our Sunday drives with our informal "group". Just GT's, Ferrari's, Lambos, etc. When the weather gets better we'll be doing a lot of them. Might sneak a few in soon if we get a sunny weekend or two.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
That is a good rate, problem is Farmers does not write agreed upon value policies. Translation, your GT is depreciated on the same schedule as a Kia.
Collector car compaines like Grundy, Parish, Hagerty write only agreed upon value policies. Today if my GT is totaled I get $182,000, end of story, despite the fact some folks are buying cars $14k below MSRP.

Perhaps we can meet sometime in the wine area of Amador or Eldorado counties. :wink :biggrin

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
I've contacted Grundy but they declined me (!!!) because I have no prior experience in "super high performance" vehicles....wanted to tell them if go-kart racing (shifter karts) qualified, but he would have probably started laughing hehehe. Hagerty told me that they won't insure the GT....uhm...could they have been thinking of a Mustang GT?? I'll try Farmers but they'll probably quote high because I'm a new customer...AAA is my current one but again I don't quite like the depreciation factor...Parish? I'll check them out. Thanks.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
canbl said:
I've contacted Grundy but they declined me (!!!) because I have no prior experience in "super high performance" vehicles....wanted to tell them if go-kart racing (shifter karts) qualified, but he would have probably started laughing hehehe. Hagerty told me that they won't insure the GT....uhm...could they have been thinking of a Mustang GT?? I'll try Farmers but they'll probably quote high because I'm a new customer...AAA is my current one but again I don't quite like the depreciation factor...Parish? I'll check them out. Thanks.

Try American Collectors, get a copy of Hemmings and similar mags as you will find lots of firms offering agreed upon value insurance. Good luck :wink

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
canbl said:
...Hagerty told me that they won't insure the GT....uhm...could they have been thinking of a Mustang GT??

Hagerty DOES insure Ford GTs. They are insuring mine. You are right they may have thought you were asking about a Mustang.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Chris, the issue with both Hagerty and Grundy is that they are very choosy who they write. Once they have a history with a client it is a snap to add cars. Their claim rate is very low.

I had to speak to Grundy myself when I added a replica Cobra (ERA535) even though I had several other cars bound by them. They had lousy history of new owners loaning their new toys to friends and relatives or going out themselves and crashing. I had to provide pictures of the car, they already had on file copies of expired SCCA National license.

Most collector cars are garage and show queens and never pushed to their limits.

Personally I have never had a claim with Grundy, and my license is clean.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I have a spottless record and Mercury quoted me $14000 a year, yes that is no typo, $14000. I decided not to even purchase the car then someone on another site said to try State Farm. $1240 per year no restrictions. :wink I did however give her all my business, but I don't think that was a huge issue.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
SteveA said:
I have a spottless record and Mercury quoted me $14000 a year, yes that is no typo, $14000. I decided not to even purchase the car then someone on another site said to try State Farm. $1240 per year no restrictions. :wink I did however give her all my business, but I don't think that was a huge issue.

I am with State Farm for my drivers, great company. For a collector car they are not agreed upon value, so you have a depreciation fight ahead if you have a claim. However for liability protection they are as good as it gets. Good luck.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Thanks, I willlll look into that. :wink

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
thanks guys, I'm getting quotes from quite a few insurance agencies

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
State Farm

I just got my bill today. $442 every six months. I do not have a spotless driving record, but no accidents for many years (and no injuries), I have eight cars insured, plus house, etc. $1000 deductible (does anything cost less than a grand to repair on one these cars?) I have had really good experience with State Farm including both my kids during teenage and college years. Can't say enough good about State Farm.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
fjpikul said:
I just got my bill today. $442 every six months. I do not have a spotless driving record, but no accidents for many years (and no injuries), I have eight cars insured, plus house, etc. $1000 deductible (does anything cost less than a grand to repair on one these cars?) I have had really good experience with State Farm including both my kids during teenage and college years. Can't say enough good about State Farm.

Well thank you forum members, I have my collector cars insured by Grundy, they are a great company. My street cars and umbrella policy is with State Farm, I asked my agent for a quote on my GT which was binded by Grundy-Chubb. State Farm came is $600 less, granted not agreed upon value, but my biggest concern for a car that I really drive is liabilty coverage. Had it not been for these threads I would not have checked with them. :banana

Docrug

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Mansfield, Tx
State Farm writes all mine except my Vettes. The GT is $1450.00 a year but they wanted $2900.00 a year for one Vette... Go figure?

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
State Farm quoted me 131.85/mo or 1582.20/yr.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Anybody in S. Florida want to say what they are paying for insurance?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Docrug said:
State Farm writes all mine except my Vettes. The GT is $1450.00 a year but they wanted $2900.00 a year for one Vette... Go figure?

Easy to figure, the odds of the GT get stolen and becoming a daily driver, crashed are much lower than the Vette. Think about it, what are the chances that you make a grocery run or a cross country trip in the GT.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Abolfaz
4,600- through Liberty Mutual. Funny thing -they want me to reduce my coverage. ( Read: their exposure.) and raise my premium. I'm going to talk to State Farm, my homes insurer.

You should get lots of imput, looks like we are now a bonafide herd in South FL!

Manny

4600- Thats per year.

Last edited:

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
1418 said:
4600- Thats per year.

I got $5200 per year, never a speeding ticket in my life or any other blemish on my record. The only problem that I have is that some one backed into my Aston when it was parked causing $6k in damage for whatever reason this kills my insurance premiums!