Insurance?

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
The insurance is quite reasonable-1200/yr in FL. The amazing part is that a recent quote on a proposed GT replacement Murcielago LP640 was only "an additional 50.00 every 6 months>

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Except for my daily drivers I have all my cars insured with Hagerty. No increase on the GT when I renewed last month. They are insuring several late model cars for me, all at Agreed Value.

They will do late models if you are already a customer. They like multiple car custoemrs.

Dave

dan

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2006
Tie the knot, move into the loft, get some life, disability and long term care policies, and see what your agent does for you. Your total will be higher, but each individual policy will be cheaper. You can always raise your deductible.

I am all that and given the choice to do it all again I would rather pay more for insurance.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Insurance

Mine re-upped a month ago and it went DOWN on the GT not UP!
Now pay just a little over $1,000/yr. on the GT.
Insured with USAA; have a number of cars and trucks, ranch equipment, homes, etc. with them; also being in a rual area of Texas may be a factor.

Fred

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Just got my Hagerty policy for the GT yesterday
$3K/year agreed value ($175K). I was paying 1500/yr for my BOSS 429 with an agreed value of 250K

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Insurance

Given all this information, I will need to investigate. I have 2 cars insured with State Farm...both of my collector cars only ...2005 T-Bird and the 2006 GT. State Farm charges $996.66 per 6 months (($1993.37/year) for the GT.

What I do (since I am in Michigan and the roads get nasty) is I put the GT and Bird into 'storage mode' for 6 months. The fee for the 6 months of storage insurance is only $130.47 for the GT vs the $996.66) ) If the weather breaks early, I can 're-up' the full coverage with a phone call to my agent. Those of you in the snow belt may want to consider..thanks

andy benedict (AJB 2006 Blue/White stripes #0541)

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Given all this information, I will need to investigate. I have 2 cars insured with State Farm...both of my collector cars only ...2005 T-Bird and the 2006 GT. State Farm charges $996.66 per 6 months (($1993.37/year) for the GT.

What I do (since I am in Michigan and the roads get nasty) is I put the GT and Bird into 'storage mode' for 6 months. The fee for the 6 months of storage insurance is only $130.47 for the GT vs the $996.66) ) If the weather breaks early, I can 're-up' the full coverage with a phone call to my agent. Those of you in the snow belt may want to consider..thanks

Do you have an "agreed value" or "stated value" policy?

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina

AHHHH, the good ol days of the Mid West. While now living in NC they have a clause in the state insurance agency that if I drop liability for "storage", they revoke the plates on the auto!

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Insurance

I will call my agent tomorrow and obtain more details and post tomorrow pm.
(the more I read the more questions I have)
Andy ...AJB Blue/Whitestripes 0541 2006

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
insurance

I spoke to my State Farm agent. I do not have an 'agreed value' or 'stated value' policy. Those types of policies, at least with State Farm, are only written for antique or classic cars that must be 12 or more years old and are based on an appraisal of the car's value. Should my car be involved in an accident and completely 'burn to the ground', it is insured for "replacement value, less deductible for the year of the vehicle''...ie 2006 vs 2005 in the case of the GT" If a "'replacement cannot be obtained, my compensation would be based on an average of the 'blue book' value of the vehicle and the recent sales of similar vehicles in the past 30 days."
I always look at insurance as a ''stop-gap that would help in a catastrophe so as to not lead me to financial ruin"...and hope I never need to use it.
andy
AJB 0541 2006 Blue/White Stripes

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Got my State Farm premium for the GT. B.I.=250/500 P.D.=100 $2000 deductable = $722.13 for 6 months. This is up $110 from the last 6 months but better than I expected.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Well obviously Spirit and I are better drivers since ours went down. Or is this color related?

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
i pay $123 a month to insure my GT.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Got my State Farm premium for the GT. B.I.=250/500 P.D.=100 $2000 deductable = $722.13 for 6 months. This is up $110 from the last 6 months but better than I expected.

My premium is down a few cents! Literally! A few cents!:banana (Pbly because I'm old.)

(Something like $375 for 6 mo. "STATED VALUE" though. )

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Well obviously Spirit and I are better drivers since ours went down. Or is this color related?

must be the red bra you wear and fred's black bra... i am wearing a white bra on my GT...:banana

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
must be the red bra you wear and fred's black bra... i am wearing a white bra on my GT...:banana

Is your prem based on AGREED or "stated" value???

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Guys, I have read this thread twice. Chubb is my carrier for agreed value (175,000 for one and 180,000 for the other) with glass, airbag, towing, medical and rental add-ons and a million dollar blanket coverage(each) my premiums are less than 1300.00 a year for BOTH cars with no mileage restrictions.

Chubb is a highly rated company, I have had two claims with them (not car) and they have paid on site. I highly recommend them. (no I don't work from them)

You guys might want to check them out.:thumbsup

Steve

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Is your prem based on AGREED or "stated" value???

State Farm is based on stated, when I get to Barrett Jackson I will see the folks from Hagerty and over at Russo & Steele the Grundy people and ask them both to quote the GT. I am customers of both of them. Agreed is perfect on a total loss, otherwise it doesn't make a difference on a claim. Most claims are minor damage, short of fire for these cars..... ass-uming the driver knows what he is doing.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Guys, I have read this thread twice. Chubb is my carrier for agreed value (175,000 for one and 180,000 for the other) with glass, airbag, towing, medical and rental add-ons and a million dollar blanket coverage(each) my premiums are less than 1300.00 a year for BOTH cars with no mileage restrictions.

Chubb is a highly rated company, I have had two claims with them (not car) and they have paid on site. I highly recommend them. (no I don't work from them)

You guys might want to check them out.:thumbsup

Steve

Steve your on the money, I had Chubb through Hagerty. I switched to State Farm becuase they were $600 a year cheaper. I live in California, Habla Espanol, only 1/3 the cars on the road are insured. That impacts my premium.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Steve your on the money, I had Chubb through Hagerty. I switched to State Farm becuase they were $600 a year cheaper. I live in California, Habla Espanol, only 1/3 the cars on the road are insured. That impacts my premium.

'Folks in New Mexico AND ESPECIALLY ARIZONA have the same pblm for the same reason. I would assume it's just as bad in Texas (what say you, Spirit?) 'Just one more way we ALL pay for the "illegals" whom our illustrious politicians will do NOTHING about. :mad