Insurance Valuation

ftmyersgt

GT Owner
Jan 1, 2007
Ft. Myers, Fl
Just got my insurance renewall notice for the GT from my insurance carrier, Chubb & Sons, and noticed that the GT was valued at $155,000. Knowing that resales are running much higher I asked my agent how high I could value the car for coverage. He responded that their current max value is $190,000 for the GT. So, for about an additional $50.00 a year coverage is now based upon $190,000.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Good move! :thumbsup

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I have mine insured through Chubb as well. I valued it at $190 too.
Seem to be a top notch company, as I do all my non-antique cars, house, collectibles etc... with them.

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Just got my insurance renewall notice for the GT from my insurance carrier, Chubb & Sons, and noticed that the GT was valued at $155,000. Knowing that resales are running much higher I asked my agent how high I could value the car for coverage. He responded that their current max value is $190,000 for the GT. So, for about an additional $50.00 a year coverage is now based upon $190,000.

Good move .......... What is your annual premium for the GT?

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Mine's with Chubb in the UK at $300,000 which is what I paid for it! :eek

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
If you have a Heritage you can bump Chubb to 225,000. FYI.

ftmyersgt

GT Owner
Jan 1, 2007
Ft. Myers, Fl
Before increasing coverage to $190K, I was paying $1,460.00 annually for coverage on my '06 GT at $155K valuation with $5,000.00 deductible. Of course, I have five vehicles with Chubb, so the multiple vehicle discount really helps.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Chubb is a great company. I am covered by Chubb through Grundy who is the agent.
MY FGT is covered under AAA with my daily drivers, used to be with State Farm.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Mine's with Chubb in the UK at $300,000 which is what I paid for it! :eek

Finally, someone who paid more than me..... you da man!!!!! I thought for the last 3 years on this thing (forum) that I was the only one admitting paying over sticker and that every other SOB (meant w/love) paid under sticker... but now.... I have someone in my club..... thanks..... (kinda) and of course.... sorry too....:cheers

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Finally, someone who paid more than me..... you da man!!!!! I thought for the last 3 years on this thing (forum) that I was the only one admitting paying over sticker and that every other SOB (meant w/love) paid under sticker... but now.... I have someone in my club..... thanks..... (kinda) and of course.... sorry too....:cheers

Nope, I have always admitted to payings $15k over sticker plus considerable legals fees to enforce the contract, backed by buying a second FGT in the event that I never got the first one. No regrets.:thumbsup

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Nope, I have always admitted to payings $15k over sticker plus considerable legals fees to enforce the contract, backed by buying a second FGT in the event that I never got the first one. No regrets.:thumbsup

Bony 15K over was a great price at the time you got your GT.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Clinton, I signed my contract in 2002...

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Clinton, I signed my contract in 2002...

It was like stealing to get only 15K over in 2002. Those 1st car were going well over 200K in the US.

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Finally, someone who paid more than me..... you da man!!!!! I thought for the last 3 years on this thing (forum) that I was the only one admitting paying over sticker and that every other SOB (meant w/love) paid under sticker..cheers

Move to Europe - especially Norway and Denmark and you will experience a whole new level when it comes to "Sticker shock" :wink In Denmark, add approx 220-225% on top of what you paid in the US - + freight & insurance costs of course:ack

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal

you da man too BONY!!!! but we all knew that you were da man long ago my friend.. :biggrin

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK

I came very close to buying one at $360,000. When they first came out the GT was simply an impossibly difficult car to get hold of (as we all know) and given that I just had to have one..... :biggrin

The funny thing is, I never think about the value of it as it's a car to keep - assuming I don't suddenly hit 'skid row' (yes, I have most of my cash in property). :bored

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
If you have a Heritage you can bump Chubb to 225,000. FYI.

All my vehicles are insured by AIG at agreed value. For the FGT, currently at $225k but can adjust up at any time.

H

HHGT

I think the only reason the Brits paid more for their GTs is primarily due to the fact that Jeremy Clarkson decided to lick his personal Blue/Wht GT (repeatedly) on public TV...:eek:eek:eek

I've done many things to my cars, but have never licked them.:willy:willy:willy

GERMANORACING

GT Owner
Dec 4, 2006
Farmington CT USA

Now is that a stated value or agreed value ,or does the company only pay book or market value at the time of a loss