Installed SW Full Exhaust on my new GT (VIDEO). Question about exhaust baffles?

DAVID

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2012
Hello All,

My name is David and I wanted to share my new to me Ford GT. I sold my ZR1 for the GT a couple of months ago and found the GT to be too quiet in the exhaust department.

My friends at SpeedTech Exhaust hooked me up with a set of SW headers for my car. My son made a quick video of the installation and a couple driveby vids. I'll get a better video soon once the GT is tuned

Anyways, I'm hearing about some exhaust baffles that go in the tips to help quiet it down. Anybody care to help point me in the correct direction on buying a set of those?

Enjoy the video. As stated, I'm working on a better one soon once the car is tuned
[video=youtube;4ZvRxP6crEU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZvRxP6crEU[/video]

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Sounds incredible! The headers look incredible too. Although, I don't think I could live with that volume. It would be nice to have a muffler with either a manual bypass valve or one that pops open at WOT. Congrats on the car!

BTW, with 9 liters of oil, these rigs take a long time to warm up and the moving parts expand at different rates. I cringed a bit at revving a cold motor, but I am OCD so please forgive me. ;-)

I look forward to more videos!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
CONGRATs on the GT and welcome aboard!

I did a quick "search" looking for the baffled tips you mentioned and, even though I KNOW there's been more than one post regarding same, I couldn't find diddley.

I BELIEVE I remember Shadowman being involved with those somehow. 'Suggest you P.M. him about them?

Also, you may want to put come kind of heat shield around your starter now that you have the headers installed. :wink:thumbsup

(Edit: Yep. Looks like Shadowman IS they guy to contact. I finally found a thread wherein the baffles are mentioned: )

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/s...ssing-exhaust-sound&highlight=exhaust+baffles

Last edited:

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Nice david, I have the same set up on my car except no cats!

DAVID

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2012
Am I able to PM somebody with only a couple posts?

I tried a few times, but my "sent messages" is still at 0

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Sounds great! I could live with that volume easily. My Viper's a lot noisier and it sounds like a tractor instead...LOL

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Am I able to PM somebody with only a couple posts?

I tried a few times, but my "sent messages" is still at 0

Oooookaay...if that's messed up for some reason, the last contact info I had for him was at his shop:

Discovery Automotive
4120 Studebaker Rd.
Placerville, Ca. 95667

866-365-0920

I ASSUME all the above info is still valid...although it's 3-4 yrs old.

DAVID

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2012
Oooookaay...if that's messed up for some reason, the last contact info I had for him was at his shop:

Discovery Automotive
4120 Studebaker Rd.
Placerville, Ca. 95667

866-365-0920

I ASSUME all the above info is still valid...although it's 3-4 yrs old.

Hmmmm, that number was disconnected. Could somebody else try to throw him a pm to have him answer my thread?

Unless he is actually getting my pm's ans has about 4 of them by now. I'd feel bad, but it definitely still says 0 total and 0 sent PM

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Hmmmm, that number was disconnected. Could somebody else try to throw him a pm to have him answer my thread?

Unless he is actually getting my pm's ans has about 4 of them by now. I'd feel bad, but it definitely still says 0 total and 0 sent PM

P.M. sent a few seconds ago. 'Can't predict when Bill may reply. 'Requested that he reply on your thread.

Pockets

DAVID

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2012
P.M. sent a few seconds ago. 'Can't predict when Bill may reply. 'Requested that he reply on your thread.

Pockets

Thanks man I really appreciate it...

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
You're welcome, sir.

I've also emailed someone who may have a current phone number for him. 'Can't figure out what the heck is going on there.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Someone else just now contacted me re: a current 'number! (Thankee again!)

916-764-4308 = Bill's cell

DAVID

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2012
Hmmm, so maybe they were going out? I guess you need to click "save draft in sent folder" or whatever is says to get a sent confirmation.

I'm on a lot of forums and never have to do that. I really hope Shadowman doesn't receive 5 messages, I'd feel bad

DAVID

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2012
Yup, I feel like a total idiot. They were being sent out from the beginning. I'm not new to forums at all, but thats the first time I've seen a sent counter stay at 0 after a message goes out. Oh well...

Anyways, I contacted Bill and he's going to help me out. Thanks guys

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Hmmm, so maybe they were going out? I guess you need to click "save draft in sent folder" or whatever is says to get a sent confirmation.

I'm on a lot of forums and never have to do that.

That was never a pblm here either until the last(?) "remodel" of the site...or maybe it was the one before that. Anyway, a number of things are now a wee bit diff than they were before. (E.g: The MKIV membership logos on some member's avatars disappeared, etc. 'Just goofy little things like that. 'No biggie.)

I really hope Shadowman doesn't receive 5 messages, I'd feel bad

Naaaaaaaaah, I doubt there'd be a problem there, David.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Anyways, I contacted Bill and he's going to help me out.

GOOD! All's well that ends well! :thumbsup