Inside of a Torture Tested Ecoboost

Paul Vincent

Oct 20, 2005

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Pretty impressive stuff. The comment section is pretty amusing though...

Paul Vincent

Oct 20, 2005
Yes, here is a good one: "The only real world fact that I find hilarious is looking at all the haters that are obviously Chevy guys complaining on how the EcoBoost is too complicated and just trying to be a fake V-8. If that is the truth, why is Chevrolet trying to play catchup and designing their own direct injection engine? They will install it in sedans first and then look into a Silverado model.

Sounds like Government Motors is trying to play catchup 3 years too late! Like always; GM bringing up the rear...

Wonder if they will do better once they are majority owned by the ChiComs???"

Paul Vincent

Oct 20, 2005
double post

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Yes, here is a good one: "The only real world fact that I find hilarious is looking at all the haters that are obviously Chevy guys complaining on how the EcoBoost is too complicated and just trying to be a fake V-8. If that is the truth, why is Chevrolet trying to play catchup and designing their own direct injection engine? They will install it in sedans first and then look into a Silverado model.

Sounds like Government Motors is trying to play catchup 3 years too late! Like always; GM bringing up the rear...

Wonder if they will do better once they are majority owned by the ChiComs???"

I see that I'm not alone in this observation. Seems like a lot of the bow tie boys are whiny cry babies and need to get over it.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Like always; GM bringing up the rear...

The eco-boost is an unbelievable advancement and a clear leader well ahead of GM at this slice in time. However, this has not always been the case (Ford leading GM in powertrain) and I think it has been a real weakness for Ford. I am happy they are (finally) turning this around. The new Boss 302 engine, the eco-boost, and perhaps others are good examples that Ford is making significant progress in Powertrains. I hope they keep stretching the game. Despite huge investment, they still are playing catch-up on the (light truck) diesel engines after dicking around for years with partnerships that weren't delivering. The newest diesel is remarkable for a first "all Ford" development in this area but it is still getting it's ass handed to it by GM's (Isuzu) Duramax engine. With all of what Ford is doing right from the leadership down through the line employee, I think we are seeing a new-breed, proud, American company emerging that is going to continue kicking ass and taking names.

I sincerely hope that GM follows suit (no offense to Ford) but for now it is Ford leading the charge!! Go Ford! Go America!